Peoria @ Cactus Part 2

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
This will be the second meeting since the rivalry has been renewed.

I have gone to many a Cactus/Peoria Game where GCC was full for this game. I hope at some point for the sake of the young Cactus and Peoria Students that it gets that way again. It was always put up there with the St. Marys/Brophy kind of games. I will be taking both of my sons to this game as they have never experienced it before.

My despise for everything Peoria rivals my despise of everything UA.

Go Cobras!!
Class of '91

WHOOPDEEDO42

Reaction score
Cactus!

For sure. I am class of 90! Remember all the desert parties/fights? Ha these games were always so great!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I remember one year the Cactus students spray painted tortillas blue and silver and threw them at the Peoria players as they ran out on to the field. It was admittedly racially toned as there were more Hispanic kids from Peoria but I couldn't help but find that funny as hell.

My brother in law went to Cactus (class of 1980 I think) and they were rivals even back then.

OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
My wife is Ironwood Class of 92 also. Ironwood was the school that just didn't matter back then. ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Peoria Panthers!

Go Green and Gold!

Class of 95.

Loved the games at GCC.

Reaction score
Cactus all the way

Class of '06
Former player, won state

Even made my profile name from it when I joined this board

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Scott.. But Cactus always presented themselves as hyped up racist jocks round my way.. Sure they have always had a good football team..

I celebrated when by lil brother who played tight end on the Greenway team scored on you.. We were in your bleachers and your students had something to say, but slowley backed away when it came to your students face when it happened.. We walked out untouched laughing..

This aint a pro Greenway post, cuz Greenway sucks.. This is a pro my family post..

Last edited:

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My wife is Ironwood Class of 92 also. Ironwood was the school that just didn't matter back then. ;)

Cactus had a pretty respectable football team in the early 90s, but I'm hoping even you can admit how stupid the blue snake mascot looked. I mean I'll own up about Ironwood's stupid Eagle that looked much more like a chicken that had been dragged behind a car for 5 miles.

OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Cactus had a pretty respectable football team in the early 90s, but I'm hoping even you can admit how stupid the blue snake mascot looked. I mean I'll own up about Ironwood's stupid Eagle that looked much more like a chicken that had been dragged behind a car for 5 miles.

Actually I thought Cactus of the late 90s was much worse.

OP
OP
sundevilscott

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Sorry Scott.. But Cactus always presented themselves as hyped up racist jocks round my way.. Sure they have always had a good football team..

I celebrated when by lil brother who played tight end on the Greenway team scored on you.. We were in your bleachers and your students had something to say, but slowley backed away when it came to your students face when it happened.. We walked out untouched laughing..

This aint a pro Greenway post, cuz Greenway sucks.. This is a pro my family post..

Pro Greenway post, now that is funny. Next thing you know we are gonna have a proud Arcadia fan on board.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
This will be the second meeting since the rivalry has been renewed.

I have gone to many a Cactus/Peoria Game where GCC was full for this game. I hope at some point for the sake of the young Cactus and Peoria Students that it gets that way again. It was always put up there with the St. Marys/Brophy kind of games. I will be taking both of my sons to this game as they have never experienced it before.

My despise for everything Peoria rivals my despise of everything UA.

Go Cobras!!
Class of '91

You graduated the year I was born. :D

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Greenway too, so did Linderbee, HarleyRider & NSDBlonde...probably others too.
Very, very, very late, but:

REPRESENT!!! Class of '90!!!

Zeno
NSDBlonde
Linderbee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard