Paul Coro

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Paul Coro? He is no longer the Suns beat writer. Doug Haller is taking over.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Paul Coro? He is no longer the Suns beat writer. Doug Haller is taking over.

I didn't know Doug Haller has taken over as the Suns beat writer. If this is true it is a huge loss. I have no idea what's going on.

Where did you read Doug Haller is taking over? A link would be appreciated.

Edit: I found the information from Doug Haller on twitter.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I didn't know Doug Haller has taken over as the Suns beat writer. If this is true it is a huge loss. I have no idea what's going on.

Where did you read Doug Haller is taking over? A link would be appreciated.

Edit: I found the information from Doug Haller on twitter.

Yea, his twitter is where I got info as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, his twitter is where I got info as well.

I really appreciate the information. Paul Coro has always provided great Suns coverage. Here is hoping for the best.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coro took everything Azcentral off his twitter bio. I don't think this was planned on his part because or else he would've dropped hints or said something about it earlier...hate to say it but he may have been fired by them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coro took everything Azcentral off his twitter bio. I don't think this was planned on his part because or else he would've dropped hints or said something about it earlier...hate to say it but he may have been fired by them.

Or perhaps he has been hired elsewhere. Coro has been one of the better sports writers at azcentral.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Or perhaps he has been hired elsewhere. Coro has been one of the better sports writers at azcentral.
I feel like he would reveal that to his followers before leaving. To suddenly leave without any heads up usually only means one thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks to me like he was forced to leave.

I agree with you that he was one of the better writers they have and he was definitely the best reporter to follow for Suns news. Wish him the best.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like he would reveal that to his followers before leaving. To suddenly leave without any heads up usually only means one thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks to me like he was forced to leave.

I agree with you that he was one of the better writers they have and he was definitely the best reporter to follow for Suns news. Wish him the best.

I still think it is too early to reach a conclusion but I agree the silence is deafening.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Heard he was caught on security camera either snooping or stealing stuff from employees desks after hrs at the station...Just what I heard from someone..

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I haven't found his Suns coverage very interesting since maybe 2006 or so. Felt like they lacked content, opinion and were in general very bland.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Coro as well. Hope the story above isn't true about him stealing. However, the comment about "on the fly" does seem to indicate it wasn't voluntary.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a big step down to me. Maybe the stealing story was true?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a gain for the Lopes and a loss for Suns coverage. Congratulations to Paul Coro.

The way it seems to me, azcentral has taken a step back in Suns coverage with a mix of writers. They need a full-time writer for the Suns. The Suns should not be playing second fiddle to any team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson