OT: Steelers show everyone why preseason is awful

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ Watt hurt his knee, Diontae Johnson hurt his shoulder today.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should just not even practice. Because everyone knows the more you hone your craft the worse you get.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Teammates watch out for each other in practice.

Random scrubs, desperate to make a team don't care about diving through the opposing star player's knee.
Exactly. Those 3rd string fringe guys are going as hard as they can to get a roster spot. Comparing it to a team practice is absolutely ludicrous. Tomlin did say Watt and Johnson are fine, but when your starters are giving 50% effort vs guys fighting for their jobs... that's when injuries happen. Not worth it.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Exactly. Those 3rd string fringe guys are going as hard as they can to get a roster spot. Comparing it to a team practice is absolutely ludicrous. Tomlin did say Watt and Johnson are fine, but when your starters are giving 50% effort vs guys fighting for their jobs... that's when injuries happen. Not worth it.
I don’t like the preseason but that being said, maybe the starters should be giving the same effort as those other guys. I alway say, “practice how you play”. If you go half ass in practice, it tends to bleed over to the real thing.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We drafted fantasy today. As soon as I got the alert, I looked to see who drafted Johnson. Fourth round in a 14 team league.

I'm not a fan of preseason outside of giving players a chance to make the team. Having our stars out there is just stupid.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
disagree, don’t think teams reach their potential - stability, continuity or consistently until the 4th game of a season. especially with new practice rules - not using tusing the preseason better is stu[id.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“After the game Mike Tomlin talked about these injuries and said they weren’t serious. In fact, he also said the two players could have returned if it were a regular season game.”