OT - Peyton fans the flames

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peyton calls current Colts atmosphere “not . . . a very good place for healing”

Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2012, 9:35 AM EST

In a lengthy interview containing plenty of content, context, and clues about the future of the Colts current franchise quarterback, Peyton Manning makes it abundantly clear to Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star that now isn’t the best time to be an employee of the team.

Read Article at link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/peyton-calls-current-colts-atmosphere-not-a-very-good-place-for-healing/

Please click on link for article

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Haha love this. Anyone who thinks he staying with Indy this year is delusional and that includes Darren Urban.

It not a matter of "if" but where.

Love the comment about it being 15 degrees.

Someone needs to start sending this guy real estate listings in Scottsdale ASAP.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's a bit too psychoanalytical for my taste, but there is no denying that there is a March 8 due date that can't be avoided easily and thus the PR campaign is under way.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Haha love this. Anyone who thinks he staying with Indy this year is delusional and that includes Darren Urban.

Someone needs to start sending this guy real estate listings in Scottsdale ASAP.

20 degrees... (big difference) ;)

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
If healthy, you are looking at the next QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

Flynn to Miami with Green Bay Assitant Joe Philbin (new Miami Head Coach).
Not going to the Redskins (won't go to Eli's division)
Not going to the Jets drama filled situation.
Not going to San Fran - Alex Smith just good enough.
Seattle - nope.

As I've said before: Larry Fitzgerald, Home Dome, Team that has shown it can go to SuperBowl with the right QB, Coaching staff that has won, and Larry Fitzgerald.

ONLY NEGATIVE: Bad OLine. Just as bad as when Kurt was here.

Did I mention Larry Fitzgerald?

I'm ready to preorder my official #18 jersey.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A month ago I was sure he'd stay in Indy. Now I'm almost positive he'll be playing somewhere else next year. The housecleaning of the RCA dome is almost complete.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score

Urban has begun his backpeddle. And remember who he works for. This team doesn't send smokescreens.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If healthy, you are looking at the next QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

Flynn to Miami with Green Bay Assitant Joe Philbin (new Miami Head Coach).
Not going to the Redskins (won't go to Eli's division)
Not going to the Jets drama filled situation.
Not going to San Fran - Alex Smith just good enough.
Seattle - nope.

As I've said before: Larry Fitzgerald, Home Dome, Team that has shown it can go to SuperBowl with the right QB, Coaching staff that has won, and Larry Fitzgerald.

ONLY NEGATIVE: Bad OLine. Just as bad as when Kurt was here.

Did I mention Larry Fitzgerald?

I'm ready to preorder my official #18 jersey.

.... and like when Kurt was here, it improves dramatically with a quick release QB.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
.... and like when Kurt was here, it improves dramatically with a quick release QB.

Grimm to his O-Line:

"Hey guys, no pressure, but if you suck this year, Peyton could literally be paralyzed. So, um, could you please keep him upright? Thanks."

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"fans" the flames doesn't quite capture it

this was a molotov cocktail

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score

Get me an email address and I will set him up a portal with automatic searches today. What criteria should I use for the home search? Send the email address in PM.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it. It's kinda like winning the lottery. It might never happen, but, damn, it's nice to dream about it. Would love to see Manning to Fitzgerald.

Yeah, the oline is still bad, but what if Manning could make that some sort of condition if he decided to come here? Perhaps he could pick a lineman or two for the team to target. Didn't Fitz have some sort of input into the Kolb deal (or at least it appeared that way)?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
manning throws the ball within 3 seconds, our line would suddenly look all pro

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Truth. But Kurt still got hit a lot after the throw with this o-line.

There are only 7 teams with 30 or less sacks allowed this past season. So wherever he goes, he can expect to be on his butt 30 or more times.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There are only 7 teams with 30 or less sacks allowed this past season. So wherever he goes, he can expect to be on his butt 30 or more times.

My ambivalence (like most others) circles around his age and the neck. Love the idea of getting arguably the best quarterback ever, but being 36, three neck operations, and it being a hereditary problem (IIRC) scares me, even if he is cleared to play.

His APY is $18mil/year with his current deal and I would assume the contract he'd sign with his new team would be front loaded and around the same APY for approx. four years and upwards of $40 mil +/- guaranteed. If that isn't an all-or-nothing bet, I don't know what one is.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ambivalence (like most others) circles around his age and the neck. Love the idea of getting arguably the best quarterback ever, but being 36, three neck operations, and it being a hereditary problem (IIRC) scares me, even if he is cleared to play.

His APY is $18mil/year with his current deal and I would assume the contract he'd sign with his new team would be front loaded and around the same APY for approx. four years and upwards of $40 mil +/- guaranteed. If that isn't an all-or-nothing bet, I don't know what one is.

not far off from the deal Korn got.

TJ

Reaction score
not far off from the deal Korn got.

Not really. His guaranteed figure was $21mil guaranteed over 5 years, and he is 9 years younger. Peyton's one year bonus alone is 33% more than Kolb's entire guaranteed contract!

Granted, he has the infamous red flag for injury concerns as well, I worry less about Kolb sustaining a career-ending injury than I do Peyton.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. His guaranteed figure was $21mil guaranteed over 5 years, and he is 9 years younger. Peyton's one year bonus alone is 33% more than Kolb's entire guaranteed contract!

Granted, he has the infamous red flag for injury concerns as well, I worry less about Kolb sustaining a career-ending injury than I do Peyton.

id pay 50 million a year to have an mvp QB take us to the superbowl.

TJ

Reaction score
id pay 50 million a year to have an mvp QB take us to the superbowl.

Trust me, I would pay Peyton that much too if he were in his mid-20s and had a clean bill of health.

Today, one simple hit could send him back to the surgeon.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I would pay Peyton that much too if he were in his mid-20s and had a clean bill of health.

Today, one simple hit could send him back to the surgeon.

No different than kolb :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson