OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Shane, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

anyone think Garrett was hell bent on knocking Rudolph out of the rematch game in 17 days? geezus griest 8 seconds on the game clock, 21 -7 lead , obviously pass was long gone, etc. Pointless play , but pads the stats when they count QB knockdowns. :shrug::doi::grabs:

Absolute Zero and pinetopred like this.
  2. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Why would you want to knock out a quarterback that just threw four interceptions?

Looks like the NFL penalized the Steelers by not suspending Rudolph

daves, PACardsFan and AzStevenCal like this.
  3. pinetopred

pinetopred Registered

The time left in the game was why it was so stupid give the QB a shove nobody would ever talk about this game again no point taking him to the ground, selfish play IMO turned into criminal act and if people want to see it another way I get it but Garrett was very lucky that Rudolphs head didn't crack like an egg in front of millions of people.

POISON and Southpaw like this.
  4. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

A guy who committed a violent act that could have killed a player on the field gets a suspension equal to a guy who test positive for marijuana twice. And, at the same time, the NFL pushes for tryouts for a player who wears socks depicting police as pigs and raises money for family’s of people who kill police. League needs new management. They have lost control

POISON, pinetopred and The Kraken like this.
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Yup...but the league aka owners worship the $$$$$ and most of that revenue comes from networks and the advertisers. In today's dynamic those same networks and advertisers are scared poopless to piss off any segment of market share at the expense of killing the goose. Running scared... in circles

Timm Rosenbach likes this.
  6. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Bet you threw up in your mouth a little bit saying that lol? I read this morning something I didn't know about the Steelers defense. 10 of the 11 starters on that defense are 1st rd draft picks. Obviously Minkah Fitzpatrick was traded to them but he was the 1st rd pick of the Dolphins the yr they selected him.

7. speedy

speedy the medic

I think the league only gave Rudolph a pass because he could easily turn around and press criminal charges and/or bring a civil case against both miles and the league.

Zero discipline against Rudolph implies he was a helpless victim, which we can clearly see is BS, because he kept coming after Garrett. I would have probably done the same or similar if I was in his shoes, but I’d also expect/accept the immediate ejection/suspension/fine.

I agree, the leadership of the league is spineless, reactionary, and worships the $$$. Their ethics center around optics.

But hey, show me any other entity, organization, or company that isn’t the same way. Our society has been in need of a defrag/hard power down reset for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  8. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

No doubt. Not sure that I despise any team more than I do the Steelers. And that would include any team in any sport throughout the history of sports.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  9. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Rookie

I don't know, I have played on high school teams where we had intense practices like that. It looks bad because of the optics but Kyle Long and Damian Harrison both swung helmets at teams this past years training camp. Neither are indefinitely suspended.

Rudolph comes across as a dick anyway

Especially with how smug he came across considering how trash he played

10. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

There’s no denying Kyle Rudolph is a delta bravo and yes this is coming from a Baker fan. :)

11. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think the only thing separating this incident from a criminal act is the victim filing criminal charges or perhaps a major injury. This was not a football play.

That said, I think the penalty will likely be a suspension. Law enforcement does not what to get involved in these things because it would be like opening Pandora's box.

12. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

John Tait (former offensive tackle) for the chiefs got his face slashed open by a guy on his own team and the guy who did it stayed on the roster. Teams handle things like this in-house but it is much different when it is a game on prime time television.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article237396089.html

Southpaw likes this.
  13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

There are “criminal acts” that happen on Sunday’s when players have their helmets on. It’s just the nature of the sport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

What separates it, the player who was struck had no head protection. At least the players in your video had head protection. They were wearing a helmet.

Also the helmet is intended to be used as a protective device, not to be used in the hand as a hammering device.

There is also the issue of premeditation.

Southpaw and daves like this.
  15. TRW

TRW Registered

I know that there are some on this board who would say there' nothing wrong with any of these. "It's just football." LOL