OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... Ripped off Kyle Rudolph’s helmet... Then proceeds to swing it as a weapon which is a deadly weapon right on the top of the head of Rudolph. It was atrocious and disgusting... Pouncey came to his defense and started punching and kicking Garrett as he should!!! Just WOW!

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
OMG

I looked up and saw Pouncey going nuts. Then I saw the replay.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
he gets a pass from me. James Connor out, JuJu our, Johnson our, and his protection has been horrible..... But this above was disgusting you could literally kill someone swinging a helmet like that!

Yeah. If he had turned that helmet upside down, that could have been the end.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Was there anything leading up to that? I mean, before that play. I know Rudolph was pushing on Garrett's helmet, but Garrett's reaction was way out of proportion.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there anything leading up to that? I mean, before that play. I know Rudolph was pushing on Garrett's helmet, but Garrett's reaction was way out of proportion.

not that I’m aware of

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No excusing of Garrett, but Rudolph was the instigator of that fight. He tried to rip off Garrett's helmet and then tried to kick him in the groin, Garrett seemed to just be trying to get off of him until Rudolph went at his balls... after that he went nuts.

Garrett, Rudolph and Pouncy all deserve multi game suspensions.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No excusing of Garrett, but Rudolph was the instigator of that fight. He tried to rip off Garrett's helmet and then tried to kick him in the groin, Garrett seemed to just be trying to get off of him until Rudolph went at his balls... after that he went nuts.

Trying to kick him in the groin is questionable Garrett wouldn’t let go and it look like he was just trying to push him away incidentally… I do agree though that Rudolph grasping onto his helmet initially may have started it but the response was way over the top and completely out of line.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Actions have consequences.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Garrett had no business taking him to the ground in the first place. The ball was out and he had to see it as it happened right in front of him.

Sure, hit the guy, but don’t then continue to pull on him and drag him into the ground (head first at that). That is what started everything and I don’t blame Rudolph for reacting the way he did.

Garrett already has a rep for being a dirty player. Go look up some of his roughing penalties. Guy has so much talent yet has this weird need to take a cheap shot on the opposing QB just about every game.

After what I saw tonight, I hope Cleveland loses every game the rest of this year.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
What a bad night of optics for NFL. Got WR bleeding from ear after blatant headshot followed by that debacle @ end of game.

Take a look at NFL.com right now. PR team already working to sweep it under the rug. Look at the difference between them and ESPN/Yahoo.

You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Demarius Randall should also serve a Lengthy suspension for his intentional targeting.

Dirty ass team. Freddie Kitchens has lost control of his players

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Also, the NFL can’t promote player safety and let guys like Randall and Garret off easy.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Glad Randall was sent out of the game - he probably won't get anything extra for this one beside a fine, but he should - it's just that there league is really aggressive in penalizing any close hard contact and really soft at taking action for the real head shots

As for the end, Rudolph Pouncey and Garrett should all be sat down, with # of games in ascending order

Garrett gets the most - he was ejected earlier for throwing a punch this season and then swinging the helmet like that - I think his season could be over and that would be fine

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
he gets a pass from me. James Connor out, JuJu out, Johnson out, and his protection has been horrible..... But this above was disgusting you could literally kill someone swinging a helmet like that!
Agreed, if it hit him in the temple it could have KILLED him. His excuse was he lost his cool? There was 18 seconds left in the game. I'd drug test this guy immediately.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score

Are you on drugs?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, the NFL can’t promote player safety and let guys like Randall and Garret off easy.

For sure.

Randall is getting a big fine, maybe a game. I think Garrett will get, at minimum, 5 games for that. Randolph probably 1 game, Pouncy should get suspended for 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose