OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hit my wife because she wasn't leaving me alone your honor. Not the same but...... kind of.

I always think of the accountability ladder in times like these.

Are you blaming others and making excuses for your actions? Or are you owning up to your mistakes and finding a solution to get on with your life.

Yeah, there's just no justifying that kind of behavior unless she's stealing your french fries.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a case like this awhile back where a player took a helmet off and foot stomped an O lineman ....he had to get 30 stitches and the penalty was 5 games

My bet is they suspend him for 4 more games going into the season and that's that.

He will have lost A LOT of money

He currently makes just over $5 mill for this season as a salary
that's $316,531. so for a 6 game suspension he just lost $1,899,187.88

That's not chump change and add to it another $316,531 for every further game suspension as his salary for next year is the same.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone think Garrett was hell bent on knocking Rudolph out of the rematch game in 17 days? geezus griest 8 seconds on the game clock, 21 -7 lead , obviously pass was long gone, etc. Pointless play , but pads the stats when they count QB knockdowns. :shrug::doi::grabs:

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
anyone think Garrett was hell bent on knocking Rudolph out of the rematch game in 17 days? geezus griest 8 seconds on the game clock, 21 -7 lead , obviously pass was long gone, etc. Pointless play , but pads the stats when they count QB knockdowns. :shrug::doi::grabs:
The time left in the game was why it was so stupid give the QB a shove nobody would ever talk about this game again no point taking him to the ground, selfish play IMO turned into criminal act and if people want to see it another way I get it but Garrett was very lucky that Rudolphs head didn't crack like an egg in front of millions of people.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
A guy who committed a violent act that could have killed a player on the field gets a suspension equal to a guy who test positive for marijuana twice. And, at the same time, the NFL pushes for tryouts for a player who wears socks depicting police as pigs and raises money for family’s of people who kill police. League needs new management. They have lost control

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy who committed a violent act that could have killed a player on the field gets a suspension equal to a guy who test positive for marijuana twice. And, at the same time, the NFL pushes for tryouts for a player who wears socks depicting police as pigs and raises money for family’s of people who kill police. League needs new management. They have lost control
Yup...but the league aka owners worship the $$$$$ and most of that revenue comes from networks and the advertisers. In today's dynamic those same networks and advertisers are scared poopless to piss off any segment of market share at the expense of killing the goose. Running scared... in circles

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually, the Steeler D is really good.
Bet you threw up in your mouth a little bit saying that lol? I read this morning something I didn't know about the Steelers defense. 10 of the 11 starters on that defense are 1st rd draft picks. Obviously Minkah Fitzpatrick was traded to them but he was the 1st rd pick of the Dolphins the yr they selected him.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think the league only gave Rudolph a pass because he could easily turn around and press criminal charges and/or bring a civil case against both miles and the league.

Zero discipline against Rudolph implies he was a helpless victim, which we can clearly see is BS, because he kept coming after Garrett. I would have probably done the same or similar if I was in his shoes, but I’d also expect/accept the immediate ejection/suspension/fine.

I agree, the leadership of the league is spineless, reactionary, and worships the $$$. Their ethics center around optics.

But hey, show me any other entity, organization, or company that isn’t the same way. Our society has been in need of a defrag/hard power down reset for a long time.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bet you threw up in your mouth a little bit saying that lol? I read this morning something I didn't know about the Steelers defense. 10 of the 11 starters on that defense are 1st rd draft picks. Obviously Minkah Fitzpatrick was traded to them but he was the 1st rd pick of the Dolphins the yr they selected him.

No doubt. Not sure that I despise any team more than I do the Steelers. And that would include any team in any sport throughout the history of sports.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know, I have played on high school teams where we had intense practices like that. It looks bad because of the optics but Kyle Long and Damian Harrison both swung helmets at teams this past years training camp. Neither are indefinitely suspended.

Rudolph comes across as a dick anyway

Especially with how smug he came across considering how trash he played

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't know, I have played on high school teams where we had intense practices like that. It looks bad because of the optics but Kyle Long and Damian Harrison both swung helmets at teams this past years training camp. Neither are indefinitely suspended.

There’s no denying Kyle Rudolph is a delta bravo and yes this is coming from a Baker fan. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing separating this incident from a criminal act is the victim filing criminal charges or perhaps a major injury. This was not a football play.

That said, I think the penalty will likely be a suspension. Law enforcement does not what to get involved in these things because it would be like opening Pandora's box.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

John Tait (former offensive tackle) for the chiefs got his face slashed open by a guy on his own team and the guy who did it stayed on the roster. Teams handle things like this in-house but it is much different when it is a game on prime time television.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article237396089.html

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the only thing separating this incident from a criminal act is the victim filing criminal charges or perhaps a major injury. This was not a football play.

That said, I think the penalty will likely be a suspension. Law enforcement does not what to get involved in these things because it would be like opening Pandora's box.

There are “criminal acts” that happen on Sunday’s when players have their helmets on. It’s just the nature of the sport.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are “criminal acts” that happen on Sunday’s when players have their helmets on. It’s just the nature of the sport.

What separates it, the player who was struck had no head protection. At least the players in your video had head protection. They were wearing a helmet.

Also the helmet is intended to be used as a protective device, not to be used in the hand as a hammering device.

There is also the issue of premeditation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I know that there are some on this board who would say there' nothing wrong with any of these. "It's just football." LOL

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What separates it, the player who was struck had no head protection. At least the players in your video had head protection. They were wearing a helmet.

Also the helmet is intended to be used as a protective device, not to be used in the hand as a hammering device.

There is also the issue of premeditation.

In the same game Demarious Randall was ejected for a cheap shot and the WR was bleeding from the ear. His head probably feels worse than Rudolph right now... Vontaze Burfict has never swung a helmet at someone but he’s still put forth violent acts to intentionally hurt players. Problem is these guys are paid to go to war every week. You can’t charge them with assault when it’s their job to assault each other.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the same game Demarious Randall was ejected for a cheap shot and the WR was bleeding from the ear. His head probably feels worse than Rudolph right now... Vontaze Burfict has never swung a helmet at someone but he’s still put forth violent acts to intentionally hurt players. Problem is these guys are paid to go to war every week. You can’t charge them with assault when it’s their job to assault each other.

So when does a game stop being a game.

There are lines that can't be crossed. Is that one of them, I think it's pretty close but I doubt if anything happens more than a suspension.

If the player struck by the helmet in this case was comatose or died would you feel differently?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So when does a game stop being a game.

There are lines that can't be crossed. Is that one of them, I think it's pretty close but I doubt if anything happens more than a suspension.

If the player struck by the helmet in this case was comatose or died would you feel differently?

Tbh yes, I would probably feel differently because a human being would be in a coma but there are so many situations where other cheap shots could’ve resulted in more serious injury.

Take the Gronk play. Clearly after the whistle and could’ve easily broken the guy’s neck...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tbh yes, I would probably feel differently because a human being would be in a coma but there are so many situations where other cheap shots could’ve resulted in more serious injury.

Take the Gronk play. Clearly after the whistle and could’ve easily broken the guy’s neck...

I think police want to stay out of on the field player incidents. Now if a gun or knife were used it would be different because they couldn't ignore it.

Of course if fans were fighting in the stands it would be different.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA