OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm still not sure how you convincing me.... Accusing someone of rape is worse than rape itself?
Accusing someone of murder, is worse than murder?

I originally said the lie is worse than an actual slur.
Both are words.

Brawley is an example of how the lie can poison race relations to a much greater extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I originally said the lie is worse than an actual slur.
Both are words.

Brawley is an example of how the lie can poison race relations to a much greater extent.

Fair, You did say that.

Sure, there are some example or crazy incidents or what not. In 99% of the cases, the act itself is worse than lying about it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. Tell me how....
Although I don't totally agree, the character assassination is typically taken as fact these days and has long term consequences even when proven to be not true.

Racial or otherwise...... it casts a long term shadow on a person. Especially in this "age of outrage".

I don't think he was applying the term broadly (though I could be wrong) about a physical act like rape. Of course, rape will always be worse than the accusation.

I think he is talking about words versus words. Not words versus physical atrocity.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now this is the first anyone has heard of it… He made that **** up… What the hell else is he going to say in andappeal hearing they would even give him a shot?

Was never mentioned brought up or heard of until his appeal hearing? Come on shady as hell

It seemed fishy to me but who knows? Anyway, I have no idea what Rudolph said or didn't say but this league needs to make it clear that it does not in any way justify Garrett's actions. If it turns out that Rudolph crossed that line then suspend him too but they need to put an end to this idea that it's alright to try and kill someone if they call you a name. If the league feels it has to come down really hard on the use of racial slurs, then ban Rudolph for a couple centuries but don't soften the punishment for using a weapon.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I don't totally agree, the character assassination is typically taken as fact these days and has long term consequences even when proven to be not true.

Racial or otherwise...... it casts a long term shadow on a person. Especially in this "age of outrage".

I don't think he was applying the term broadly (though I could be wrong) about a physical act like rape. Of course, rape will always be worse than the accusation.

I think he is talking about words versus words. Not words versus physical atrocity.

The person's name he brought up was a famous rape case...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ready or not start the countdown.

P & R dumpster bound

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with much of what you've said but I'm not sure this is accurate. I think it's much like everything else seems to be nowadays, the middle ground is shrinking while the two extremes continue to expand. It used to be, IMO, that most of us would take a wait and see stance but of late it seems like a large portion of the population is quite positive it happened or absolutely convinced it didn't.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The person's name he brought up was a famous rape case...

It was a famous case of somebody lying about a rape.

You calling it a rape case is a perfect example of my point.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a famous case of somebody lying about a rape.

You calling it a rape case is a perfect example of my point.

I called it a 'rape case' because the other person didn't know what you were talking about and I oversimplified, but to each his own.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I agree with much of what you've said but I'm not sure this is accurate. I think it's much like everything else seems to be nowadays, the middle ground is shrinking while the two extremes continue to expand. It used to be, IMO, that most of us would take a wait and see stance but of late it seems like a large portion of the population is quite positive it happened or absolutely convinced it didn't.

Agree. And also believe that there are still more of us than them. They are just excruciatingly loud and obnoxious.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The only time players weren’t right around them was during the sack. Did he utter a slur in the process of being tackled? Garrett publicly and privately issued Rudolph an apology yet failed to mention a slur to anyone. His teammates were surprised, nobody else on the field heard it, no mics picked it up and there’s been no history of Rudolph being accused of this.

This will follow Rudolph his entire career whether it’s true or not. If he said it he deserves the stigma. I didn’t think he had much of a future in terms of talent but now it’s even more of an uphill battle. Just a craptastic situation for everyone and the league.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure Garrett will be out the rest of the year and that will be it. He will be back in good standing as soon as the Super Bowl is over.

Rudolph will be tainted by the accusation for the rest of his career and, maybe, life.

Sad episode for the league all around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave