OT: Alliance Of American Football: Week 1

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
San Diego’s OL is terrible, or San Antonio front four is very good by comparison. Bercovici has very little time to pass.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised, these guys are really trying hard and making some hits

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
These guys are playing hard.

More scoring in the Orlando/Atlanta game but the defenses seem to be ahead of the offenses so far.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

More scoring in the Orlando/Atlanta game but the defenses seem to be ahead of the offenses so far.
Seems like the offenses are trying to get used to each other , the D on both games are really rushing the QBs

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which was predictable. The play is better than I thought it would be. Guys from this league will make the NFL next season.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The play seems to be fairly crisp. Not a lot of broken plays, missed assignments etc. Better than watching basketball, imo

It'll be nice to see the ol' ball coach back in action.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The play seems to be fairly crisp. Not a lot of broken plays, missed assignments etc. Better than watching basketball, imo

It'll be nice to see the ol' ball coach back in action.

I agree and I think as the season goes in the quality of play will improve too. A lot of rust out there tonight but some signs of talent too.

Spurriers team put up 40 tonight.

There’s a lot of things better than watching basketball, like staring at a blank tv screen.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see another league like the USFL again. The difference is, that league actually got high level talent. Some from the NFL but a lot from college. Steve Young, Reggie White, Jim Kelly, Hershel Walker, Doug Flutie, Kelvin Bryant, Anthony Carter, Bobby Herbert, among others got their start in the USFL. I don't see this league or the XFL getting that quality of player.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see another league like the USFL again. The difference is, that league actually got high level talent. Some from the NFL but a lot from college. Steve Young, Reggie White, Jim Kelly, Hershel Walker, Doug Flutie, Kelvin Bryant, Anthony Carter, Bobby Herbert, among others got their start in the USFL. I don't see this league or the XFL getting that quality of player.

This league at least (XFL is a diff story) isn’t trying to compete with the NFL for players. Polian said last night during the broadcast that his goal is that the NFL starts sending their practice squad players to develop in the league, and also they use is as a place to develop officials and coaches. I think AAF is looking to be a better run NFL Europe with a direct NFL affiliation. By getting the NFL Network to broadcast games that’s a start IMO, I think they are just taking a cautious approach.

I loved the USFL, I have a few pieces of memorabilia from the Wranglers and Outlaws still. Going to those game bring back good memories of time spent with my Dad.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This league at least (XFL is a diff story) isn’t trying to compete with the NFL for players. Polian said last night during the broadcast that his goal is that the NFL starts sending their practice squad players to develop in the league, and also they use is as a place to develop officials and coaches. I think AAF is looking to be a better run NFL Europe with a direct NFL affiliation. By getting the NFL Network to broadcast games that’s a start IMO, I think they are just taking a cautious approach.

I loved the USFL, I have a few pieces of memorabilia from the Wranglers and Outlaws still. Going to those game bring back good memories of time spent with my Dad.
yeah it seems AAF wants to be a farm league. It is a good business approach since the NFL desperately needs a good farm league.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watched the San Diego/San Antonio game... Love the pace of play and 75% less commercials.

What the hell is illegal formation on Defense?? Saw that called 2 or 3 times, with no explanation from Refs or broadcast team.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I saw that hit on the SD QB.... Was shocked he wasn't put through some type of concussion protocol.
Vicious blindside hit.. Blew his helmet off, But the QB's helmet came off again, so I think he's not quite sure how to tighten his chinstrap. :p

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I watched the San Diego/San Antonio game... Love the pace of play and 75% less commercials.

What the hell is illegal formation on Defense?? Saw that called 2 or 3 times, with no explanation from Refs or broadcast team.

I think, and this is just a guess based on the rules they have in place, that the penalty is because they either blitzed more than 5 or they rushed the passer with a player that wasn’t close enough to the line of scrimmage.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a Stars and Federals pennant and I recently bought a Stars T-Shirt. I bought a Stars game on DVD a couple of years ago. It was the playoff against Chicago when Chicago had a 21 point lead into the 4th quarter and the Stars came back and won. There's a USFL channel on Youtube that has a bunch of games.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw that hit on the SD QB.... Was shocked he wasn't put through some type of concussion protocol.
Vicious blindside hit.. Blew his helmet off, But the QB's helmet came off again, so I think he's not quite sure how to tighten his chinstrap. :p
Wasn't blindside, it was in his face.
I think, and this is just a guess based on the rules they have in place, that the penalty is because they either blitzed more than 5 or they rushed the passer with a player that wasn’t close enough to the line of scrimmage.
Reminds me of the Arena rule that the Mack linebacker can't leave a box nor is he allowed to leave his feet. They call illegal defense on that and it's an automatic first down. This might explain the illegal formation:

"Any player who aligns on the line of scrimmage either prior to or at the snap is designated as one of the five players regardless of whether he rushes."

My guess if there's 6 players on the LOS that is the violation as there can only be 5 designated.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard