Osweiler transferring?!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His departure has been confirmed per two NFL sources.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
He's a taller John Skelton. With less experience and more mechanical issues.
He's more athletic than Skelton, but they're both huge. Unless he sets the world on fire at the combine, he will probably be a 6th/7th round pick. His size alone will get him drafted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's more athletic than Skelton, but they're both huge. Unless he sets the world on fire at the combine, he will probably be a 6th/7th round pick. His size alone will get him drafted.

I don't think Oz is built to take a pounding in the NFL like Skelton... right now. I wish Oz well and think with some weight training and work on his mechanics, he has a real chance to be a good QB in the NFL someday. It would be interesting if the Cardinals spent a late round pick on him.

Here is a link at azcentral.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu...105asu-football-brock-osweiler-nfl-draft.html

HooverDam

Reaction score
holy smokes with all the guys already graduating and now this, it'll be a miracle if Graham can get ASU to .500 next year. What a nightmare.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think Oz is built to take a pounding in the NFL like Skelton... right now. I wish Oz well and think with some weight training and work on his mechanics, he has a real chance to be a good QB in the NFL someday. It would be interesting if the Cardinals spent a late round pick on him.

Here is a link at azcentral.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu...105asu-football-brock-osweiler-nfl-draft.html

No thanks on the Cards taking him. He has such a slow delivery and is way too much of a project for a team like the Cards. I doubt he will ever amount to much in the league and will have a career like Andrew Walter in the best case scenario.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Cards wont draft him nor should they. No need to further muck up the QB conundrum with another QB who needs a ton of work and divert attention from developing Kolb and Skelton.

Osweiler is making a personal, not professional decision. He's not ready for the pro game. IF there was one QB in NCAA football who could enhance his stock drastically by playing in his senior season, it's Oz. At this juncture, if the reports are true, he'll go 6th round to UDFA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks on the Cards taking him. He has such a slow delivery and is way too much of a project for a team like the Cards. I doubt he will ever amount to much in the league and will have a career like Andrew Walter in the best case scenario.

I was thinking interesting in an ironic sort of way.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, wow. Kid is making a real emotional and bad decision. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Osweiler is making a personal, not professional decision. He's not ready for the pro game. IF there was one QB in NCAA football who could enhance his stock drastically by playing in his senior season, it's Oz. At this juncture, if the reports are true, he'll go 6th round to UDFA.

Totally agree, a strong 2012 season at ASU would greatly benefit his draft position. He is getting dumb advice unless he really doesn't want to play for Graham.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He'll go in the 3rd-5th. There's a lot to work with there if you're willing to be patient.

Agreed...regardless it's absolutely ******** that he's doing this, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, a strong 2012 season at ASU would greatly benefit his draft position. He is getting dumb advice unless he really doesn't want to play for Graham.

I don't know much about it but on local sports radio they were really pounding away that Graham recruited Michael Eubank. However, I think Graham would have stuck with Oz. He had a great season. I'm wondering if Eubank might be more adept at running a spread offense due to his running skills. Oz could run but he seemed more content to pass the ball.

Also I'm not sure if Oz' draft position would have improved that much if he stayed.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about it but on local sports radio they were really pounding away that Graham recruited Michael Eubank. However, I think Graham would have stuck with Oz. He had a great season. I'm wondering if Eubank might be more adept at running a spread offense due to his running skills. Oz could run but he seemed more content to pass the ball.

Eubank runs a 4.8 40. Oz was a step faster. Eubank has the option experience and techniques, but he's not a better athlete than Oz. Oz is also quicker from the first step. Eubank is a stronger runner, though. In high school, Eubank's biggest plays were as a passer, though he did amass a good number of yards as a runner.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The "all is well" minority on local radio and on the message boards here regarding Brock leaving are about as realistic as the Matt Scott sycophants in Tucson. It's going to be a long year locally for college football in 2012.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eubank runs a 4.8 40. Oz was a step faster. Eubank has the option experience and techniques, but he's not a better athlete than Oz. Oz is also quicker from the first step. Eubank is a stronger runner, though. In high school, Eubank's biggest plays were as a passer, though he did amass a good number of yards as a runner.

I wish Brock well and hope he has a good NFL career. There is no doubt he was very athletic, however, I think he will fit better with a pro system than a spread offense. I always worried when he ran the ball as he was a big target for the defense. He tried to get down quick before he was tackled but running the football endangered his pro career. Sadly ASU did not have the RBs to give ASU more options. I hope this is something that will be fixed. In regard to Eubank, I hope he is a good fit with Graham's system.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The "all is well" minority on local radio and on the message boards here regarding Brock leaving are about as realistic as the Matt Scott sycophants in Tucson. It's going to be a long year locally for college football in 2012.

Well, I guess there is always one. Cats will have their struggles next year but they won't be because of Matt Scott.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Osweiler will never be a good NFL QB, but he was a decent college QB. ASU is going to suck next year. :(

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I don't mean to pile on Brock, who was one of the few reasons ASU was worth a damn this year; but this is an AWFUL decision by him. Perhaps he saw how poorly Graham treated Sunseri and wanted nothing to do with that, but I still highly question his choice.

At best, he's a third rounder and that's if he does fairly well for himself at the Combine and impresses some team to fall in love with his physical gifts. As is, he's a developmental project who's about two-three years away from being ready.

Last edited: