OMG I can't stand the Miami Heat and all the BS that surrounds them

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely dislike Wade more but it certainly wasn't always the case. He was my favorite non-Suns player when he first entered the NBA but now I just can't stand him. I don't like the way he plays the game and I cringe every time I hear him being touted for his fashion sense.

Steve

Same here. Seemed like he web from
Flash to Douche overnight.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Seemed like he web from
Flash to Douche overnight.

It feels like he became a villian right around the the LeBron started taking a hit in the public eye. Almost on purpose maybe? You never know, right?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's all the cheapshots that have soured me on Wade. He reminds me of this one guy at the Y I used to play at who was clearly really good but never came to grips with the fact that he was getting older. One day when I was there (I was not on the court thankfully) this other younger guy kept scoring on him and the older guy full on pushed the younger guy in the air as he was going for an open court layup off a steal.

Every time I hear of Wade doing something dirty I think of that guy at the Y.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My dislike stems from his behavior during his time playing for the US team and the manner in which he left Cleveland. I really don't have much of a problem with the Lebron of today but he seems to be doing fine even without my support so I don't feel a pressing need to un-hate him.;) Much of what he did in the past can probably be explained away by his youth and the incredible responsibility he's shouldered from a very young age.

Steve

Fair enough. I guess I'm just sick of many people not being able to get over "the decision" and I think the vitriol in general is over the top. By most standards, he's a pretty likeable player/person.

Lights

Reaction score
Perhaps Lebron needs to rape a Colorado hotel staff member, get multiple DUIs, and/or get caught with an unregistered firearm for people to love him.

Or maybe he needs to berate and punch teammates like MJ did.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
My problem with James is that his physical gifts are so overwhelming that he's never really had to work on his game. Jordan (I think it was Jordan, wasn't it?) famously spent every summer adding something new to his repertoire -- a fadeaway jumpshot, better off-hand dribbling, whatever. It showed his determination to win. All James has to do is make up his mind to drive to the basket and no one can stop him. It's impressive, but it sort of feels like cheating, and it's such a huge natural advantage that he really doesn't have to work on anything else. (That said, I know he has improved his outside shooting.)

Jordan was also a superb athlete, of course, but what made him easier to relate to was that you could tell how hard he had to work to get where he was. James was pretty much born a basketball machine, and all he's really had to do is not get in the way of his innate ability.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe he needs to berate and punch teammates like MJ did.

Or maybe he just needs to WIN like MJ did. It's really that simple. The guy is an absolute AMAZING talent, but he won't get the universal love like MJ did until he starts approaching the absolute championship domination that MJ had.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem with James is that his physical gifts are so overwhelming that he's never really had to work on his game. Jordan (I think it was Jordan, wasn't it?) famously spent every summer adding something new to his repertoire -- a fadeaway jumpshot, better off-hand dribbling, whatever. It showed his determination to win. All James has to do is make up his mind to drive to the basket and no one can stop him. It's impressive, but it sort of feels like cheating, and it's such a huge natural advantage that he really doesn't have to work on anything else. (That said, I know he has improved his outside shooting.)

Jordan was also a superb athlete, of course, but what made him easier to relate to was that you could tell how hard he had to work to get where he was. James was pretty much born a basketball machine, and all he's really had to do is not get in the way of his innate ability.

I think James has added some parts to his game, but not to the point that he's unstoppable at all of them like MJ was. Otherwise, I pretty much agree with the rest. Jordan was a God amongst men. LeBron is like something BETTER than God against Gods.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think James has added some parts to his game, but not to the point that he's unstoppable at all of them like MJ was. Otherwise, I pretty much agree with the rest. Jordan was a God amongst men. LeBron is like something BETTER than God against Gods.

Give me an effing break.

LeBron is great, but gargling his balls like that is completely over the top ridiculous. We'll see how solid he plays in 5 years when his hops are gone and bullrushing his way to the rim isn't met with looks the other way.

Perhaps you wanted to say he was a demi-god. Even then, blather.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
James works his butt off

If you ever want to look at a cool video, there is a video session of him putting is some work with Olajuwon

One thing that makes it neat is that there are two highly skilled guys there ... Olajuwon is clearly the teacher, but he keeps it all loose and high level

Basically just exploring options and ways to move from the mid-block

This was following the finals where the Mavs were able to get him into those situations and it threw him off a bit ....... last year he came into the season light years ahead of where he was and it's still a part of his game today

Just because he can make it look easy, doesn't mean it was easy to get there

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me an effing break.

LeBron is great, but gargling his balls like that is completely over the top ridiculous. We'll see how solid he plays in 5 years when his hops are gone and bullrushing his way to the rim isn't met with looks the other way.

Perhaps you wanted to say he was a demi-god. Even then, blather.

Gargling his balls? Sorry man, it's just reality that from a physical standpoint, Bron is a complete and utter freak of nature. That's not to say his game is leagues above everyone else. Just his natural talent/athleticism. They aren't one in the same and if you didn't get your panties in a bunch any time someone gives Bron any kind of compliment, you'd realize that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

C'mon Eric, you're selling him way short here. Is Lebron a freak? Of course, probably the best athlete I've ever seen. That being said, he's also become a much better basketball player. His shooting has become much better, his feel for the game much improved, and he's also become much better in the post.

I just don't agree with the statement that he doesn't work hard, and it's all natural. Obviously he's in a different stratosphere physically than the best athletes in the world, but he's markedly improved as he's gotten older, and there is no way he's done it without some hard work.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have just stopped reading at that point, the Donald is clearly objective on the topic.

It will be awesome if the Heat can get this ring.. To be able to laugh at and piss off Lakers and Spurs fans all in one shot..

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It will be awesome if the Heat can get this ring.. To be able to laugh at and piss off Lakers and Spurs fans all in one shot..

Really hard for me to understand how Suns fans can root for the Spurs, considering our history with them. I'll always have a special hatred for the Spurs/Lakers.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
but he's markedly improved as he's gotten older, and there is no way he's done it without some hard work.

His decision making and court vision have improved, but I don't get the impression that his "solo" skill set has gotten better other than his shooting. What else has he added?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really hard for me to understand how Suns fans can root for the Spurs, considering our history with them. I'll always have a special hatred for the Spurs/Lakers.

I'd prefer to see the Spurs win but if the Heat end up taking it, this won't even count as a disappointment. Once it's not the Suns, my rooting interest is incredibly small. I suspect it's that way for most of us. We don't want either team to win but since one has to, we'd prefer XXX. Sure, there are a few that are really cheering hard for one team or the other but most of us are closer to indifferent than fanatic.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'd prefer to see the Spurs win but if the Heat end up taking it, this won't even count as a disappointment. Once it's not the Suns, my rooting interest is incredibly small. I suspect it's that way for most of us. We don't want either team to win but since one has to, we'd prefer XXX. Sure, there are a few that are really cheering hard for one team or the other but most of us are closer to indifferent than fanatic.

Steve

Perfectly stated.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
His decision making and court vision have improved, but I don't get the impression that his "solo" skill set has gotten better other than his shooting. What else has he added?

It's widely reported (and accepted) that his post game is vastly improved from when he entered the league. He went from having no post game to it being a major factor last year in the playoffs, and still to this day allows him to play as a big.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's widely reported (and accepted) that his post game is vastly improved from when he entered the league. He went from having no post game to it being a major factor last year in the playoffs, and still to this day allows him to play as a big.

Okay, fair enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he's added more of a low post game this year as well. not dominant by any stretch, but it's in the building blocks. As to his shooting, that's a pretty substantial part of the game to improve, no? I mean, you listed above that his decision making, court vision and shooting have improved. What else could he possibly do?

Not to mention, he started his career as an okay defender and has turned into arguably the best defensive player in the game, someone who can not only guard but shut-down positions 1-4 in most situations.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't really care who wins, but there are a few things at play. I understand people who cheer for the West: that makes sense to me, I grew up watching ASU and I cheer for all Pac teams against other conferences in bowl games and the NCAA tournament. (Even Arizona.) I understand people who can't even fathom cheering for the Spurs. Have a few friends like that.

But I also like how the NBA went into markets without other major sports, like San Antonio, Sacramento, Utah, and once upon a time, Phoenix. There's part of me that would rather see a San Antonian who's 100% Spurs enjoy a victory than a bandwagon Heat fan who doesn't even know who Rony Seikaly is. No offense to Heat fans who've been there since day one.

Anyway, if it ain't the Suns, it's pretty much just a diversion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really care who wins, but there are a few things at play. I understand people who cheer for the West: that makes sense to me, I grew up watching ASU and I cheer for all Pac teams against other conferences in bowl games and the NCAA tournament. (Even Arizona.) I understand people who can't even fathom cheering for the Spurs. Have a few friends like that.

But I also like how the NBA went into markets without other major sports, like San Antonio, Sacramento, Utah, and once upon a time, Phoenix. There's part of me that would rather see a San Antonian who's 100% Spurs enjoy a victory than a bandwagon Heat fan who doesn't even know who Rony Seikaly is. No offense to Heat fans who've been there since day one.

Anyway, if it ain't the Suns, it's pretty much just a diversion.

I wonder how many Heat fans stopped being fans BECAUSE of Rony Seikaly. That John Salley story about Rony that someone brought to the board a couple of years ago really opened my eyes. Apparently, there is a faction (of at least one) that has no intention of leading their team to the playoffs because they only get paid for the regular season. That's scary stuff to a fan.

Steve