Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Let's go Spurs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing about how great the Spurs are and them going for their fifth title.. Knowing at least one of those should be ours.. And all the other praise for them being a team I can't stand.. I hope Spurs get their ass beat..

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm with Stronso. I live in the West. I route for the West. Even if they're the Spurs. Especially after the callous way James treated the Cavs fans and how he led the way to manipulate a championship in Miami.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Also the Heat coach looks like Eddie Munster

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's go Heat. LeBron deserves to have more rings than the douche Kobe so that everyone can end the talk of Kobe being better than 'Bron.

Also, no true Suns fan should ever root for the Spurs. At least not if you have been through the battles between the Suns and the Spurs and how they have cheated us out many times using their dirty ways.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Also, no true Suns fan should ever root for the Spurs. At least not if you have been through the battles between the Suns and the Spurs and how they have cheated us out many times using their dirty ways.
I understand your opinion. But to infer that those who disagree with you are not "true" Suns fans doesn't hold water.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree with BC. Anyone deeming a member of this board as anything other then a true suns fan just doesn't get it. The only way IMO I'd ever look at a member of this board as anything other then "true" is is for some reason they posted that they were rooting for the Lakers for some ridiculous reason.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I gotta agree with BC. Anyone deeming a member of this board as anything other then a true suns fan just doesn't get it. The only way IMO I'd ever look at a member of this board as anything other then "true" is is for some reason they posted that they were rooting for the Lakers for some ridiculous reason.

Or they like Caddyshack II.

Right?

;)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I detest both teams but I'd rather have the Spurs take this one, just to cool down the worshipping of "King" James.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If James was so great, the Cavs would have won a title. He's good but not great and the only reason why the Heat are what they are is because they have an all star team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If James was so great, the Cavs would have won a title. He's good but not great and the only reason why the Heat are what they are is because they have an all star team.

Wonder how many championships Jordan won w/o Pippen and Kobe w/o Shaq or Gasol.....

Cavs didn't win because ownership was too inept to surround Lebron with talent and quality coaching. Like the aforementioned, it takes at least one other great player and quality role guys.

To say Lebron is just "good" because of these circumstances is a poor evaluation.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Everything is so hyped and loaded that it's hard to watch and not have conditioned reactions. Like The Block (referred to in caps, of course): tremendous block, but of course I couldn't help being irritated that Lebron didn't join his team on the fast break and instead preened in the back court for so long that the camera fully left him behind. Though if Splitter had finished the dunk, I'd probably be getting sick of the gleeful schadenfreude, too.

Oh well, we've only got about a decade more years of this.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ha-ha, the Cavs! Get over it - James is the best player out there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When has one player ever won a championship? The closest comparison would be MJ and I'd take Jordan's supporting cast over the Heat any day of the week. It took Michael 9 or 10 years from the time he graduated high school to win his first NBA championship and if my math is correct it only took 8 years for Lebron. As a player, Lebron is incredible.

I support anyone that wants to hate on Lebron because of the guy himself (personally, I can't stand him) but hating on him as a player requires a blindfold IMO. He's not the leader some of the greats were and he isn't the strong-minded player so many of the greats were but physically he's as dominant as Wilt and Shaq and that makes up for a lot of the other things. He's still nowhere near the player he could be but he's already perhaps a more dominant force than Shaq in his prime and that guy is one of the greatest players ever.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I find all the hate for Lebron to be really bizarre. Outside of the decision, which everyone (even Lebron) acknowledges was in bad taste, what else is there really to not like about the guy? He took less money to win, he's an extremely hard worker on both ends of the court, he's unselfish, never in trouble...what am I missing here?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
When has one player ever won a championship? The closest comparison would be MJ and I'd take Jordan's supporting cast over the Heat any day of the week. It took Michael 9 or 10 years from the time he graduated high school to win his first NBA championship and if my math is correct it only took 8 years for Lebron. As a player, Lebron is incredible.

I support anyone that wants to hate on Lebron because of the guy himself (personally, I can't stand him) but hating on him as a player requires a blindfold IMO. He's not the leader some of the greats were and he isn't the strong-minded player so many of the greats were but physically he's as dominant as Wilt and Shaq and that makes up for a lot of the other things. He's still nowhere near the player he could be but he's already perhaps a more dominant force than Shaq in his prime and that guy is one of the greatest players ever.

Steve

I agree. I cannot stand him, but to say he is not an amazing player is just silly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find all the hate for Lebron to be really bizarre. Outside of the decision, which everyone (even Lebron) acknowledges was in bad taste, what else is there really to not like about the guy? He took less money to win, he's an extremely hard worker on both ends of the court, he's unselfish, never in trouble...what am I missing here?

Agreed.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Spot on.

It's the en vogue thing to hate Lebron; therefore, everyone else must conform. I can see why people hate him, much like I disliked (but eventually grew to appreciate) Michael Jordan back in his day, because the two are both dominant and amongst the best to ever lace them up. But man, they guy is so good and doesn't get into any trouble.

Perhaps Lebron needs to rape a Colorado hotel staff member, get multiple DUIs, and/or get caught with an unregistered firearm for people to love him.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cause I am a bitter Bulls fan?!?!? :p

If he had stayed in Cleveland, I would have had no ill will, but the way it played out makes him public enemy #1 to me as a Bulls fan. He is my Kobe to the Suns fans on there. It has been awhile since we had one too. John Starks was the last one I really hated and then he played 4 games for us. Talk about a shot in the gut.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think of it, I think I actually dislike Wade more. James is actually a nice guy, while Wade seems like a grade A douche to me. If Wade is not on the team, I might have a harder time hating the Heat to much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My dislike stems from his behavior during his time playing for the US team and the manner in which he left Cleveland. I really don't have much of a problem with the Lebron of today but he seems to be doing fine even without my support so I don't feel a pressing need to un-hate him.;) Much of what he did in the past can probably be explained away by his youth and the incredible responsibility he's shouldered from a very young age.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think of it, I think I actually dislike Wade more. James is actually a nice guy, while Wade seems like a grade A douche to me. If Wade is not on the team, I might have a harder time hating the Heat to much.

I definitely dislike Wade more but it certainly wasn't always the case. He was my favorite non-Suns player when he first entered the NBA but now I just can't stand him. I don't like the way he plays the game and I cringe every time I hear him being touted for his fashion sense.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause I am a bitter Bulls fan?!?!? :p

If he had stayed in Cleveland, I would have had no ill will, but the way it played out makes him public enemy #1 to me as a Bulls fan. He is my Kobe to the Suns fans on there. It has been awhile since we had one too. John Starks was the last one I really hated and then he played 4 games for us. Talk about a shot in the gut.

Is the Chicago hate for LeBron because he ended up spurning you guys? Or because he's kinda made Chiacgo his bitch in the playoffs much like Jordan used to do to Cleveland?