Offseason News & Rumors

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
that would be near the same in salary as what gonz, green and tracy were making and his numbers are the same as all of theirs combined.
The Yankees are paying A-Rod about $16 million per season, if A-Rod tanks again they'd probaly take about $3-4 per year off of that to trade him.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Yankees are paying A-Rod about $16 million per season, if A-Rod tanks again they'd probaly take about $3-4 per year off of that to trade him.

I thought A-Rod was making like $25 million a year.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'll just say one word: JennyFinch. It is obviously NOT beneath fans of either gender to be appreciative when a good player also provides a little eye candy. Just that guy fans tend to be a bit holier-than-thou about it.

You'de be blushing to hear what gets said about Carlos Quentin, Conor, and Miggy when four or five female fans are together at a game, I suspect.

A few years ago when the Phillies came to BOB, a bunch of us went with the visiting Schillingfan to sit in the LF bleachers... didn't we Uncle Chris?... and held up a beefcake calendar photo of Pat The Butt Burrell, yelled some teasing/encouraging comments, etc. -- he took it like a very good sport, even when some teenage boys picked up on the fun and got a bit more graphic.

:shock:

AZZenny is a girl???????

I guess i never really thought about it until that Burrell comment.

All of a sudden i have the same feeling I did after i saw "The Sixth Sense" for the first time.......

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZZenny is a girl???????

All of a sudden i have the same feeling I did after i saw "The Sixth Sense" for the first time.......

Yes, AZZenny is a woman.

And yes, Pat Burrell has a nice butt :D

Kolo

Reaction score

AZZenny is a girl???????

Better that feeling than the one during The Crying Game.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I too thought Zenny was a male.. Even after the Burrell comment, I still thought it was a guy, who was being hypothetical.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Glad to entertain the troops. :rolleyes:

But don't blab it around. About twice a year somebody flips out to discover I'm of the female persuasion.

(as someone once said, "My GOD -- she posts in COLOR, what did you think?!")

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
I'd take A-Rod in a heartbeat, but the Yanks would be stupid to get rid of him. He's the best #6 hitter in baseball. :)

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phillies may have interest in Estrada
The D-Backs have identified pitching as their primary interest in the offseason, and that could provide a stumbling block in any deal with Philadelphia. It is unclear that the Phillies have the pitching to make a deal work.

“To the extent that they like him, that’s half the battle,” Byrnes said. “As to what we would want in return, we would have to see. Philadelphia does not have a lot of young pitching.”
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=75861

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They don't have the pitching. Brett 'wife beater' Myers is their best starter, they have Gavin Floyd who was suppose to be the next great Texas hurler but hasn't lived up to the hype. I would trade Estrada for Brad Penny in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents itself.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Couldn't pay me to take A-Rod, but there's no chance our budget would permit so not to worry.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score

AZZenny is a girl???????

WHOA! lol...I always imagined AZZenny to be a guy who, uh, looked like Pat Tillman. :p

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't pay me to take A-Rod, but there's no chance our budget would permit so not to worry.

I think we'd be surprised at how cheap ARod would come.... Cheap as in terms of his original $25 mill per year contract. If someone could find out how much the Rangers threw in (I heard a good amount) and the Yanks would have to pay an additional amount on top of that. I bet his annual salary after that would be around $15 mill or less. I agree that amount would prob still not fit in our budget but I'd like to see what his annual salary would be.

All that said, no interest in my department either. Way too much money and baggage

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I'd still take him. Don't ask him to be a team leader. Don't ask him to be the face of the franchise. Just let him bat cleanup and hit 40 HRs with a .400 OBP.

I think that's impossible. Brandon Webb isn't the face of the franchise. He's a hell of a player, but he's not that kinda person. Then all these young guys (Young, Montero, Quentin, Jackson, Tracy) they aren't the face of the franchise.

I think if you got a player like that you'd HAVE to ask him to be the face. That's all he could be if he was here.

But then again, he wouldn't have as much pressure here as he would in NY.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Did you guys read the recent SI profile on A-Rod? We don't want him. I hate the term clubhouse cancer, so let's just say he's been toxic for awhile now.

If they spent even 10 Million on anyone other than a superstud pitcher, they should be throttled.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard