Offseason News & Rumors

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I'd still take him. Don't ask him to be a team leader. Don't ask him to be the face of the franchise. Just let him bat cleanup and hit 40 HRs with a .400 OBP.

We bring in Arod and his salary and don't expect him to be a leader????? For $10+ mill a year he better do a lot more then sap the life out of a clubhouse, bat .280, 30 HR's, and 100 RBI's. To be honest, I'd rather have Carlos Lee. At least Lee isn't a cross dressing, purple lip stick wearing........ Sorry, had to do it (for all you Rome listeners).

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
If they spent even 10 Million on anyone other than a superstud pitcher, they should be throttled.

I agree pitching (both starting and relief) is our biggest need by far. But we also need a cleanup hitter.

I'm not saying we should go all out to get A-Rod. I also know it's not going to happen. I'm just saying if it could be worked out that we could get him without gutting the franchise (talent or money-wise) I'd welcome him.

But, again, I know it won't happen. Bring on the pitchers. :)

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soriano may have rejected a $70M over 5 year deal from the Nats. Crazy, does he think he can get more than that or does he just want out of Washington?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This will be Soriano's last big contract so he better get all he can

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meet the newest member of the Diamondbacks organization, his name is Abe Woody. The Diamondbacks traded Jerry Gil for him.
http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/woody_abe00.html

The Reds have acquired infielder/outfielder Jerry Gil from the Diamondbacks for right-hander Abe Woody. Gil has 29 big-league games under his belt but spent all of 2006 in the minors. He hit .256 with 28 doubles, 27 homers and 89 RBIs in 128 games between Class AA Tennessee (I just passed their ballpark a while ago) and Class AAA Tucson. Gil, who turns 24 tomorrow, is a nephew of legendary former Reds hurler Josias Manzanillo. He has been added to the 40-man roster.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abe Woody had a decent year for the Sarasota Reds of the Florida State League (High A). He's a reliever that relies heavily on sinkers and sliders, from what I can tell.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Koplove and Bajenaru have cleared waivers and are now free agents.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Meet the newest member of the Diamondbacks organization, his name is Abe Woody. The Diamondbacks traded Jerry Gil for him.
http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/woody_abe00.html

The Reds have acquired infielder/outfielder Jerry Gil from the Diamondbacks for right-hander Abe Woody. Gil has 29 big-league games under his belt but spent all of 2006 in the minors. He hit .256 with 28 doubles, 27 homers and 89 RBIs in 128 games between Class AA Tennessee (I just passed their ballpark a while ago) and Class AAA Tucson. Gil, who turns 24 tomorrow, is a nephew of legendary former Reds hurler Josias Manzanillo. He has been added to the 40-man roster.

So you're saying the Dbacks have a woody?

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
So you're saying the Dbacks have a woody?

This team as undergone a huge transformation... what from being a group of old people without a woody, to some young, energetic kids with a woody.

It is a new era of baseball in the desert.

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
Kids, kids, kids....
guess it depends upon whose Woody your'e talking about...:D :biglaugh:
so sorry, couldn't resist.
BTW- there is a nice picture of Burrells pecks on the Bullpen website in case anyone wants to check it out. This one is definitely for the ladies.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet the Cardinals would like to have Woody play for them. They miss their Woody Williams.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
OMG! Zona, I just sprayed coffee all over the keyboard!!

and Greenmachine -- don't you think 'rising to the occasion' and 'mature' are oxymoronic?

OP
OP
Espo

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
D-Backs general manager Josh Byrnes has given Andy Green and his representatives permission to negotiate with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, who are to begin play in the Japanese championship series Saturday. The D-Backs, who hold an option on Green for 2007, are in talks with the Ham Fighters about Green’s value and could expect to receive about $300,000 for a player of his experience. “I have been in regular contact with Josh Byrnes and he has been great to work with,” said Green’s agent, Jonathan Maurer.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
D-Backs general manager Josh Byrnes has given Andy Green and his representatives permission to negotiate with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, who are to begin play in the Japanese championship series Saturday. The D-Backs, who hold an option on Green for 2007, are in talks with the Ham Fighters about Green’s value and could expect to receive about $300,000 for a player of his experience. “I have been in regular contact with Josh Byrnes and he has been great to work with,” said Green’s agent, Jonathan Maurer.

IIRC, the nickname is Fighters. Nippon Ham is the name of the company that owns the team.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I know its the offseason so there isnt a lot to talk about, but thats enough with the innuendo. Lets try to stay on topic.