Official World Cup 2010 thread

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Well i think i will cheer on Holland in the final.

I was over in Amsterdam for the Holland V Brazil game and the place was going mental. Even bought myself a cheeky little orange beanie hat to get in to the mood.

HUP HUP HOLLAND

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for Spain over the Netherlands, but honestly, I'll be happy if either team wins. I'm just hoping for a good game.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Well i think i will cheer on Holland in the final.

I was over in Amsterdam for the Holland V Brazil game and the place was going mental. Even bought myself a cheeky little orange beanie hat to get in to the mood.

HUP HUP HOLLAND
I think i see you. There's a guy with an orange beanie in this film somewhere, is that you? ;)

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
I think i see you. There's a guy with an orange beanie in this film somewhere, is that you? ;)

aye thats me in the orange :lol:

was a cracking weekend, not sure how well you know the Amsterdam but there was a bit of trouble outside the Brazillian eateries but other than that night was a riot (in a good way :thumbup:)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll definitely be going for Spain, as I thought from the beginning that they were the best team in the tourney and my favorite to win.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A Dutch fan has offered incentive that blows all others out of the water (pun seriously not intended). Bobbi Eden, one of the Netherlands' leading ****stars, has promised oral sex to all of her Twitter followers if the Netherlands wins—and she has a lot of followers!

Apparently when she made the offer she had about 5000 followers and that number has, to absolutely nobody's surprise, exploded to more than 30, 000 (likely to have gone up even more since this was written).
link

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
aye thats me in the orange :lol:

was a cracking weekend, not sure how well you know the Amsterdam but there was a bit of trouble outside the Brazillian eateries but other than that night was a riot (in a good way :thumbup:)
Pretty well actually. As a -more or less- Rotterdammer i'm supposed to despise Amsterdam a little (well, a lot actually). But i love Amsterdam. Not enough to move there though, i also love to leave the city to go back home again after a visit. But it's a great place to visit, friendly, historic, with great squares with bars to make it cosy. It's a shame they have Ajax ;).

I'm not sure if i'll be in Amsterdam or Rotterdam sunday. It's gonna be a hot day, close to 100 again, and Rotterdam has a huge fountain (the one in the vid, it says Amsterdam but it's actually Rotterdam). Plus Rotterdam is faster to reach. But Amsterdam is so appealing for this huge event. Still a couple of days to decide.

Bobbi Eden's gonna be a busy girl....

Last edited:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do think Spain will win. I've rooted for Netherlands up until the Brazil match, the diving there was atrocious and they've continued it ever since.

I was going for Spain to win it regardless of who would be in the final. Don't take it personal, Rode Kardinaal.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Bahahaha

better hope for the parrot, rode kardinaal

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Third place games are always good if you like attacking soccer.

Go Uruguay.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hope Uruguay scores one more here in the last 6 mins and makes it really interesting

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
WOW what an awesome finish to an awesome game. Now its time to start drinking beer and watc the monsoon!!!

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on my way guys. Rotterdam it is, the idea of jumping into a fountain with these temperatures plus not having to sit in a train to Amsterdam with this heat did it for me.

Wish me luck. I'm off and won't be back till after the game, hopefully waaaaay after.

Damn, i'm nervous.

HUP HOLLAND HUP

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
One of our fansongs, freely translated. I especially like the third line. We're small, just a spot on the world map. But we're there. Sorry if you don´t care for all of this, but i´m nervous.

Samen zijn we sterk Together we are strong
Eendracht maakt machtig Unity creates power
Hoe een klein land groot kan zijn What makes a small country great
Is dat niet prachtig Isn't that beautiful

Nederland, Oh Nederland Netherlands, oh Netherlands
Jij bent de kampioen You are the champion
Wij houden van Oranje We love Oranje
Om zijn daden en zijn doen For everything you do

Wij houden van Oranje We love Oranje
Het is de ware kampioen You are the true champion

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The shame about that third-place game is that Germany should have been playing with 10 men for most of the game. That was an awful tackle early on that was incredibly dangerous and should have been a red card. Other than that, it was a cracking match and fun to watch.