Official World Cup 2010 thread

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Dutch...back to the final.

Uruguay loses their cool again, they've behaved well this WC but they lost it in Copa America and their U20 team was just as bad.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glad more people in the US are getting into soccer. Its unfortunate that they're seeing it and will probably remember it for the poopy calls that have happened. Oh well, thats soccer though. The team who can overcome the bad calls is usually the better one.

Robben is as bad a diver as Cristiano, and i'll root against him til he mans the ** up.

VAMOS ESPAÑA!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad more people in the US are getting into soccer. Its unfortunate that they're seeing it and will probably remember it for the poopy calls that have happened. Oh well, thats soccer though. The team who can overcome the bad calls is usually the better one.

Robben is as bad a diver as Cristiano, and i'll root against him til he mans the ** up.

VAMOS ESPAÑA!!!

Robben reminds me of a basketball player than can only go right. He missed two bad, bad shots from within the box with is right foot that I could have struck better.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Rode Kaardinal... you'll have to forgive me for this, but.... Go Uruguay!

Gotta rep that Group A :-D
I forgive you man. In fact, i want you to go against us. You thought Slovakia could go for the upset, you thought Brazil would walk into the finals, and you wanted Uruguay to win. Keep it up, i'm a superstitious guy ;).

Unbelievable. We're in the finals. The world cup finals. No Brazil, Argentina, France, England or Italy, to name a few, but us. Amazing feeling of euforia right now. Once in a lifetime almost. I'll be nervous until sunday i guess.

Amazing.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Unbelievable. We're in the finals. The world cup finals. No Brazil, Argentina, France, England or Italy, to name a few, but us. Amazing feeling of euforia right now. Once in a lifetime almost. I'll be nervous until sunday i guess.

Amazing.

I am willing to bet the country will literally shut down for the game. I would love to experience that, we have a daily direct flight from Memphis to Amsterdam...hmmm--should I? :D

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man I can't wait for Friday. I took 4 personal days this month so I could maximize my viewing. I have three weeks of 3 day work weeks.

Roode.... I have Oranje fever..... Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Portugal, & US.... Those are the teams I will not miss. And I think the Dutch could shock the world.... And I took 12-1 odds (Winning it all) at a sports book last week.

Hopefully Robben is fit enough for the round of 16.... That is when they will really start to need him.
Page 1 and page 2 of this thread..... If Spain wins tomorrow I will be spot on.

SWD - Page 2. New Zealand?? lol

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Short night, but in spite of the alcoholconsumption, not the slightest feeling of a hangover. The euforia's still there. Is it sunday yet?

Van Bronckhorst's goal of the tournament (so far).

Carbon copy?

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
I am willing to bet the country will literally shut down for the game. I would love to experience that, we have a daily direct flight from Memphis to Amsterdam...hmmm--should I? :D
Come on over. I'll give you your orange jersey, cap, flag and other stuff. Most of it is sold out by now.

But judging by how the country has handled the success so far, i think you're right. This country will be completely shut down come sunday. But i haven't experienced a game of this magnitude myself, and may never again, so i'll have to wait and see.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Come on over. I'll give you your orange jersey, cap, flag and other stuff. Most of it is sold out by now.

But judging by how the country has handled the success so far, i think you're right. This country will be completely shut down come sunday. But i haven't experienced a game of this magnitude myself, and may never again, so i'll have to wait and see.

Hey Rode, where are you at in The Netherlands? I lived for a year down south, near Maastricht.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Go Spain! If it weren't for an insufferable German fan, I'd be rooting for Germany. I'm in large part German, after all, so it should be a natural for me to root for them. I find that I can't, though, as I've been too put off by all the loud-mouthed bragging done on here by Slinslin. Go Spain!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to figure out how to transfer (loan) David Villa to the LA Galaxy MLS team i'm playing on FIFA 10.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort