Official World Cup 2010 thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shame about that third-place game is that Germany should have been playing with 10 men for most of the game. That was an awful tackle early on that was incredibly dangerous and should have been a red card. Other than that, it was a cracking match and fun to watch.

Ya, that reckless tackle almost broke the dude's leg. Shame.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
How De Jong is still in the game is beyond me, there was no attempt at the ball. The Dutch are lucky to have 11 men still on the field.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Some guy tried to run on the field and swipe the Cup...he got punched in the face for his effort.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some guy tried to run on the field and swipe the Cup...he got punched in the face for his effort.

I hope it was De Jong. That douchebag shouldn't be in the game for that kick to the chest. Ridiculous that he's still in.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Robben just got stoned....... Wow. Rode is probable cussing in Dutch.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Iniesta has been the best player on the field the past 10 minutes or so.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Why doesnt soccer use a sudden death type system for their version of overtime?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ref is atrocious again.

De Jong should have gotten a straight red, Van Bommel a straight red maybe but definately a yellow and a red, Iniesta should have gotten a red and Puyol a yellow and a red.

That being said Spain is the way better team. Netherlands doesn't deserve to win this game but they might get lucky as anything is possible right now. Still they aren't even one of the top 3 teams of the tournament in my opinion.

They only beat Brazil so far and not very convincing. They had an easy path. Best three teams are Spain, Germany and Argentina in my opinion.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Germany should have been in this final, they got caught looking ahead.

IMO it doesnt matter how the Netherlands got to the final, what does matter is how they finish this out. I put $20 on them with a buddy at work, so I sure hope they win. Other than that dont care too much.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Iniesta was the best player on the pitch and deserved the goal.....

He is the Hero.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm glad to see spain win just for the simple fact that they were clearly the better team and the dutch were just nasty today. some of that stuff is cheap and rather disgraceful. I'd like to think that the kick was a mistake, but it looks every bit as blatent as zidane's header. the whining and flopping from both sides was too much.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WOOOOO SPAIN!

Sucks that Rode Kardinaal is a Dutch fan, I didn't mean to root against them, but I didn't like Robbens flopping.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
That was an awesome way for it to end. I really feel for the Netherlands but i am happy for Spain.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That was an awesome way for it to end. I really feel for the Netherlands but i am happy for Spain.
holland had a great tournament...and I won't remember them for the way that they played in the final. it's unfortunate that the same dutch team that we saw previously just wasn't there today.

However, that might have something to do with spain that just seems to frustrate every opponent that they play. It seems like if spain is going to lose they are only going to lose the way they did to the swiss or our boys last year. you have to be opportunistic with your scoring chances because you might only get a couple. the dutch were certainly not and they rightfully lost.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
THis was an UGLY game, too many fouls, way too much complaining and it is only fitting that a ref would miss an extremely obvious corner kick ruling after the Dutch's free kick near the end of extra time.

Spain controlled the action, but it was still an ugly game...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Deserves it for being a flopping douche.
just like nba teams...every soccer team has those floppers. this was an ugly game, but justice prevailed. I think the ref did a good job of not micromanaging the game. Some will say that he didn't control the game, so the ref will never win. It's just a shame that the players are that cheap at such a high level. for me today we saw an official that let the players play, but they wanted to stop, flop, and roll then have a conference call after every dive or legit foul. ugly and I hope fifa cracks the wip..if they know what is good for the game they will.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
THis was an UGLY game, too many fouls, way too much complaining and it is only fitting that a ref would miss an extremely obvious corner kick ruling after the Dutch's free kick near the end of extra time.

Spain controlled the action, but it was still an ugly game...
yes the ref missed that call and the red card superkick. but I'm glad that the ref wasn't looking to micromanage. because fifa doesn't want to use technology...you will see missed calls like the corner whether they are blatent or not. they sell it as part of the game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Glad that Spain won, but what a terrible game. At least the 2nd half was better than the first, but that kick by De Jong... how that wasn't a red card, I'll never know--that was one of the worst fouls I've ever seen. Surprising that Xabi Alonso didn't end up with a broken rib or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard