Official: Larry Fitzgerald is Coming Back

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Leave the man alone he’s earned the right to do whatever he wants & if Michael wants to keep paying him year to year we as fans should be grateful
He may as well announce that he is returning for 2021 right now, too. This annual "Will he retire? Will he return?" garbage is ridiculous. Never a doubt that he wasn't coming back. SMH. At least he didn't let it drag too far into the off-season this time around.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Larry!

So glad he is coming back.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

$11 mil

Let the pissing and moaning begin
Not from me.

Bird in hand.....

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
at $11 million, Fitz will be the 18th highest paid WR (at this time, barring any other signings)
Queue the posters complaining he's overpaid by $4 million and honestly think that the Cardinals are smart enough to, and capable of, spending that money on an impact player.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Great thing is that you can get a really good WR in round 2.

I understand that people will disagree with this statement, but IMO the gap between the #1 WR in this draft and the #8 WR in this draft is not very large.
You certainly can.......Keim gives you Andy Isabella and Christian Kirk instead.

The organization will need to produce a compitent GM before I complain about what they are paying Fitz.

What the 3 million people think he is overpaid by would just be pissed away by Keim in dead money anyway

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You certainly can.......Keim gives you Andy Isabella and Christian Kirk instead.

The organization will need to produce a compitent GM before I complain about what they are paying Fitz.

What the 3 million people think he is overpaid by would just be pissed away by Keim in dead money anyway

This This THIS.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Leave the man alone he’s earned the right to do whatever he wants & if Michael wants to keep paying him year to year we as fans should be grateful

Oh, I'm all for Larry playing until he says he is done, but do we really need the annual bout of manufactured melodrama surrounding his inevitable return? :shrug:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Oh, I'm all for Larry playing until he says he is done, but do we really need the annual bout of manufactured melodrama surrounding his inevitable return? :shrug:
At least he seems to be making up his mind sooner rather than later, the last couple of years.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least he seems to be making up his mind sooner rather than later, the last couple of years.

Right? It is a difficult thought process, I'm sure... "Hmmm. Do I really want to break/set all of these incredible NFL records?"

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Right? It is a difficult thought process, I'm sure... "Hmmm. Do I really want to break/set all of these incredible NFL records?"
Well remember the years when we had to wait for him to finish all of his international travels in the off-season question before he would let us know if he was coming back or not?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If your agent said to you "If you want to hit FA, I've talk to teams, you'll get a deal right around 4-6 mill"
"Cards called and are offering you $11 mill"
You'd say "SIGN NOW before they change their mind"

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/2019/

Take a look at the numbers from other WR in the NFL....and see how Fitz is paid more than Michael Thomas AND Edelman make $6 mill, that's 1/2 of Larry and produces 2x, if not more and they're covered by the other teams #1 CB.

It's absolute insanity paying 5% of the overall money to an aged WR who's covered by the 3rd CB on the opposing team and still Larry only produced 804 yards over 16 games....THAT'S JUST 50 yards a game. AGAIN - the other teams number 1 and 2 CB don't even cover him! He should be producing at over 1200 yards and dominating with the pay they're giving him.

You'll NEVER win throwing around money like this...just because he WAS a legend.

He produced less than 50 yards in 10 games
He produced less than 72 yards in 14 games
and produced less than 13 yards in 2 games. All Star - NO WAY

Vs. Stealers 12/8 Larry had 20 Yards - WOW!
Vs Saints 10/27 Larry had 8 Yards - Really!?!
Vs. Giants 10/20 Larry had 12 Yards
Vs. Panthers 9/22 Larry had 36 Yards
Only 2 games he had 100 yards

Your team just gave 5% of ALL OF THEIR MONEY to a guy who gives ya 50 yards a game....SMART

Ya'll loving this signing are so out dated on who Larry IS today and was last year....and the year before that just 734 yards.

You paid for a Ferrari, but left the lot with a Prius.

Maybe you forgot Cardinals still need an ENTIRE O line an Entire D line...Where's that money coming from? Did you forget the other 31 teams who'll be bidding (yes bidding) against ya?

ignorance is bliss

Maybe the Cardinals can resign Warner for $18 million, Larry Centers for $12 mill, Eric Swann for $7 mill and A. Williams for $12 mill. - Go for the Senior Citizen team of the year. Larry's day's of a dominant receiver a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG GONE. He's BARELY a 3rd or 4th WR at this point.

I would have let him go...when you end up in 4th place in your division...AGAIN and out of the playoff hunt in October....did you remember that? Cards were OUT of the hunt completely by the time Nov. 1st hit. It's time for CHANGE!

Ask yourself - if you watched the Cardinals this season 1 question
Where should the Cardinals priorities be in the off season?
Answer: O line and D line
Where would you put the priority at WR?
LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW ...yet the GM just spent 5% of the overall funds for a WR who doesn't produce on the field.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
If your agent said to you "If you want to hit FA, I've talk to teams, you'll get a deal right around 5-6 mill"

Take a look at the numbers from other WR in the NFL....and see how Fitz is paid more than Julio Jones, Edelman make 1/2 of Larry and produces 2x as much

It's absolute insanity paying 5% of the overall money to an aged WR who's covered by the 3rd CB on the opposing team and still Larry only produced 804 yards over 16 games....THAT JUST 50 yards a game.

Your team just gave 5% of ALL OF THEIR MONEY to a guy who gives ya 50 yards a game....SMART
I must admit, you must have the most well-built soapbox of all time... Because you never come down from it... Lol

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your agent said to you "If you want to hit FA, I've talk to teams, you'll get a deal right around 5-6 mill"

Take a look at the numbers from other WR in the NFL....and see how Fitz is paid more than Julio Jones, Edelman make 1/2 of Larry and produces 2x as much

It's absolute insanity paying 5% of the overall money to an aged WR who's covered by the 3rd CB on the opposing team and still Larry only produced 804 yards over 16 games....THAT JUST 50 yards a game.

Julio Jones signed what is basically a 4 year, $75 Million contract for 2020-2023 Julio Jones made almost $11 million in 2019. Edelman is at $7.5 Million, so far more than half.

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose