Official: Larry Fitzgerald is Coming Back

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
$11 million of the cap for a WR ranked 32nd in stats last year.
This team will NEVER win the division spending that much of their balance sheet
Ya’ll absolutely nuts celebrating this signing.

$6 mill sure, but $11 mill of the cap on him is INSANE

team NEEDS O line
Team NEEDS D line

there’s dumb moves then there are insanely stupid moves...and paying LARRY $11 million is one

next time you go pay for gas go pay $7 a gallon and try to justify it when the same gas is across the street for $3.50

no one and I mean no team would have paid $11 mill to Fitz, except the last place team in the division with Keim who spends money like a college student who just got his first credit card

mark my words when free agency opens and the cards lose out on Good O lineman to other teams who pay $3 mill more...it’s because the cards spent WAY too much on a WR who nowhere near produced at a $11 mill level

keep celebrating - you paid twice the amount for 1/2 the product you coulda got elsewhere...but you love the name brand

Enjoy 4th in the division and Murray getting chased again

Remind me again 1 game ...just one where LARRY took over the game and was dominant? You’ll have to go back a few years cause it didn’t happen last year...but yall paid him like he does.

Absolutely insane spending

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Larry hasn’t dominated a single game in years

But the Cards paid him like he does

it’s insane spending

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best WR on the roster is back. That is good news for Kyler Murray.
Although we need to fix the defense first (it can be done in FA somewhat) & I don't really want us drafting a WR with the #8 pick, if we do...................? I keep saying this. Having a #1 WR could actually improve Larry's numbers. Having to cover that guy (insert name) will open up things in the slot & underneath for Larry even more. KK likes to call those 10-12 yd passes, that's perfect for Larry. He doesn't drop passes, most sure handed WR we've ever had. I'm happy he's coming back, don't have to retire my #11 red jersey just yet lol.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

team NEEDS O line
Team NEEDS D line

there’s dumb moves then there are insanely stupid moves...and paying LARRY $11 million is one

next time you go pay for gas go pay $7 a gallon and try to justify it when the same gas is across the street for $3.50

no one and I mean no team would have paid $11 mill to Fitz, except the last place team in the division with Keim who spends money like a college student who just got his first credit card

mark my words when free agency opens and the cards lose out on Good O lineman to other teams who pay $3 mill more...it’s because the cards spent WAY too much on a WR who nowhere near produced at a $11 mill level

keep celebrating - you paid twice the amount for 1/2 the product you coulda got elsewhere...but you love the name brand

Remind me again 1 game ...just one where LARRY took over the game and was dominant? You’ll have to go back a few years cause it didn’t happen last year...but yall paid him like he does.

You must have missed the post on here where someone posted a list of all the WR's making 10+ Million. Probably half of them weren't as good as Fitz and got paid the same or more. Guys like Funchess, Watkins, Cooks, Shepard, Tyrell Williams, Boyd, etc... The going rate for WR is just as bad as other positions. I'd rather pay for a known commodity that wants to play here, not just for the money.
I actually think Larry is underutilized in the offense. If you were at the Detroit game where we came back to tie, Larry had multiple huge catches that just energized the team & crowd. That's what he does. If you feed him the ball, he can dominate a game just as much as years past.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

team NEEDS O line
Team NEEDS D line

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

$11 mil

Let the pissing and moaning begin
Saddened to see Larry holding the organization over the barrel like that. Wonder if he will accept less as he’s role eventually diminishes or if he’ll have to go mercenary ala rice to hunt Jerry’s numbers

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Although we need to fix the defense first (it can be done in FA somewhat) & I don't really want us drafting a WR with the #8 pick, if we do...................? I keep saying this. Having a #1 WR could actually improve Larry's numbers. Having to cover that guy (insert name) will open up things in the slot & underneath for Larry even more. KK likes to call those 10-12 yd passes, that's perfect for Larry. He doesn't drop passes, most sure handed WR we've ever had. I'm happy he's coming back, don't have to retire my #11 red jersey just yet lol.
Great thing is that you can get a really good WR in round 2.

I understand that people will disagree with this statement, but IMO the gap between the #1 WR in this draft and the #8 WR in this draft is not very large.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Saddened to see Larry holding the organization over the barrel like that. Wonder if he will accept less as he’s role eventually diminishes or if he’ll have to go mercenary ala rice to hunt Jerry’s numbers
This org has fed Larry a turd sandwich of QBs over his career. I have zero issue with him not giving us a discount.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may as well announce that he is returning for 2021 right now, too. This annual "Will he retire? Will he return?" garbage is ridiculous. Never a doubt that he wasn't coming back. SMH. At least he didn't let it drag too far into the off-season this time around.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I highly doubt he will do that. He'll know when it's time to retire & do it as a Cardinal. He doesn't wanna go anywhere else. As far as how much money he will ask for at age 40, I have no idea? Depends on what kind of numbers he puts up at age 39 lol? If he's playing like Jerry Rice did at age 41-42 he will know it's time to retire & do that very thing. 2020 & 2021 will be his last imo. He sees the potential in this offense with KM leading it, he also wants to end his career on a good note.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This org has fed Larry a turd sandwich of QBs over his career. I have zero issue with him not giving us a discount.
True but they’ve also paid him like a king. They essentially chose him over quan (a decision that made sense). And other than QBs they’ve given him every else. They’ve made sure he was the face of Arizona, got him to a super bowl (although you argue that’s the reverse as well), never really had contract haggles like other diva wrs have become embroiled in. I realize both parties have benefitted, but I think Fitz knows he’s not the Fitz of old and every penny helps the team surround him with talent.

all that said, for non-football reasons Fitz was worth every penny. This morning I showed that first video to my eight year old, a big smile creeped across his face, his eyes sparkled, he did a tiger woods fist pump and whispered “yes!” Then he got up and hugged me. Worth every penny.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great thing is that you can get a really good WR in round 2.

I understand that people will disagree with this statement, but IMO the gap between the #1 WR in this draft and the #8 WR in this draft is not very large.
Lots of people on here are super hyped about Lamb & Juedy. Someone else brought up Larry Shenault Jr (sp) he sounds like a good possible round 2 pick. I'll give you one in round 2 or 3. Lynn Bowden jr at Kentucky. Google him & watch his athletic ability on you tube. Dude is a freak. WR that had to be the emergency QB at Kentucky 4 games in this season. I have season tickets, I've watched him for 3 yrs now. When he was playing QB this season, defenses knew he was going to run the ball & they still couldn't stop him. He set the single game QB rushing record in the history of bowl games on Dec 31 in the belk bowl. 246 yds. Also threw the game winning TD pass to beat Virginia Tech. Imagine what KK could do with a WR that can run straight out of the shotgun like that? Check him out on you tube. He's fast as crap & a damn good WR. To start this season & before he had to play QB, Mel Kiper Jr had him as a sleeper 1st rd pick at WR. He can also return punts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
all that said, for non-football reasons Fitz was worth every penny. This morning I showed that first video to my eight year old, a big smile creeped across his face, his eyes sparkled, he did a tiger woods fist pump and whispered “yes!” Then he got up and hugged me. Worth every penny.
As an aside, I will also likely go to hell for having damned him to life as a cardinals fan.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may as well announce that he is returning for 2021 right now, too. This annual "Will he retire? Will he return?" garbage is ridiculous. Never a doubt that he wasn't coming back. SMH. At least he didn't let it drag too far into the off-season this time around.

meh. its his life and his career. Not going to hate on him for doing it his way. If we knew he was coming back, I felt he would 100%, there is no reason to be upset about it at all. Only the media ran with the narrative. I just ignored it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

team NEEDS O line
Team NEEDS D line

Larry hasn’t dominated a single game in years

But the Cards paid him like he does

it’s insane spending

LMAO!

:biglaugh:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all you unhappy about this, realize he is the epitome of what fans, the organization, and the NFL hope every player would be.
Enjoy. We may never see another like him in the NFL let alone a Cardinal. And if we are successful next year, don’t be bitchin he didn’t make a catch and go 80 yards. Savor the fact he caught the tough 3rd and 11 catch to sustain the winning drive.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at $11 million, Fitz will be the 18th highest paid WR (at this time, barring any other signings)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave