Official Cuts/Practice Squad Thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
From the "If we thought Butler could be a TE we wouldn't have taken a flier on Dylan Cantrell, or this guy" department.

High level troll here IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TJ

I often think Khalil Tate had a place in the NFL either as a backup quarterback or as a running back. He would probably be as good or better than Chris Streveler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@TJ

I often think Khalil Tate had a place in the NFL either as a backup quarterback or as a running back. He would probably be as good or better than Chris Streveler.
He struggled in Sumlin's system. He would in Kliff's as well.

He might have got a camp invite to be a backup in Baltimore if Rich Rod stayed.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
@TJ

He originally signed with Philly to play WR, but got cut.

Oddly enough, all of the big-time schools like USC were recruiting him to play WR, RB or DB, but RichRod said he could play QB, which is why he committed to UofA.

Tate’s attitude and pocket awareness were not good enough for him to be an NFL QB.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sumlins "system" stopped working for him after Kliff left. If you don't like Kliff's system you would be horrified by the offense of his replacement, who has followed Sumlin from A&M to Arizona. Mazzone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He originally signed with Philly to play WR, but got cut.

Oddly enough, all of the big-time schools like USC were recruiting him to play WR, RB or DB, but RichRod said he could play QB, which is why he committed to UofA.

Tate’s attitude and pocket awareness were not good enough for him to be an NFL QB.

I didn't see Tate as a starting NFL quarterback but I always thought his skills would translate as a running back or a third quarterback.

He was so elusive when he ran the ball and I thought he had a decent arm with the ability to do what Streveler or Hundley does.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After all the criticism Riley received I'm glad he made it there. I'm not saying he played well.

Yes but which is the reason to keep him in the practice squad?
He was terrible on the field, he is a veteran player, no chances to get better
At the end its a league where players stick on the roster based on performances, doesn't have to be like a novel where we root for someone cause we like to see a happy ending even if he doesn't have the skillset

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but which is the reason to keep him in the practice squad?
He was terrible on the field, he is a veteran player, no chances to get better
At the end its a league where players stick on the roster based on performances, doesn't have to be like a novel where we root for someone cause we like to see a happy ending even if he doesn't have the skillset

Maybe it speaks to no one better being out there or perhaps part of it was coaching.

Neither are very good options.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like too much was expected too soon of safety Curtis Riley and safety Kentrell Brice.

From Arizona Sports:

“I thought those young guys were kind of thrown into the fire and I thought they played hard,” head coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters Wednesday morning via Zoom. “We have to continue to get better at that position.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/241...y-restore-s-kentrell-brice-to-practice-squad/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TE Evan Baylis and Curtis Riley elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.

Source: Weinfuss

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
TE Evan Baylis and Curtis Riley elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.

Source: Weinfuss
Man, I sure hope it's just to have Riley available for Teams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I hate these moves. It seems that the upcoming opponent for the Cards always pick up one of our PS players right before we play them. :bang:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I hate these moves. It seems that the upcoming opponent for the Cards always pick up one of our PS players right before we play them. :bang:
Ya well they have to put him on their 53 so it cost them a roster spot meaning it is much less likely they're doing for the information.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard