TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Butler gone

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
3rd day picks don't 'bust'. People gotta calm down. Everyone, everywhere did expect more from Butler. He was mentioned as a possible first or second rounder by some publications.

Sure they do. You expect your mid-round picks to contribute somehow. Butler will have appeared in 0 games as a Cardinal, and that's embarrassing.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
3rd day picks don't 'bust'. People gotta calm down. Everyone, everywhere did expect more from Butler. He was mentioned as a possible first or second rounder by some publications.
Fourth rounders don’t get cut in their second season, especially if they didn’t get a chance their rookie season. This is now the second fourth round pick that never got to see the field because they were cut

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Its fair to call him a bust. In fairness, we drafted 3 wrs last year and added Hopkins so space is limited. But the fact that he was an early cut means he really wasn't producing.

Sad. Not having a Preseason didn't do him any favors.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should've taken Metcalf in the second instead of Invisibells + Butler in 2 and 4.
You do know Metcalf had only 26 receptions his senior year, and only 67 his entire college career, right? He was a workout wunderkid and looked like Hulk. that's why he was popular.

The college careers of Isabella and Butler are heads and shoulders above DK's.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Dorian Johnson, another fourth-round pick, was cut in the preseason his rookie year. It’s a huge problem when these guys suck so bad that they can’t play a single down for their team

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do know Metcalf had only 26 receptions his senior year, and only 67 his entire college career, right? He was a workout wunderkid and looked like Hulk. that's why he was popular.

Glad we have hop instead of metcalf if we got met cards probably wouldn't have traded for DeAndre!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW i read an article today that said Isabella is having a strong camp and the coaches say he's a totally different player this year, much more confident in himself, less "robotic".

They did also make an interesting point, in essence he's the backup to Fitz which had lots to do with him not playing much last year, Fitz doesn't leave the field that much so when the 4WR sets became uncommon, he didn't get to play much.

I'm still skeptical he just doesn't look like a "natural" Wr to me but I sure hope they're telling the truth and he looks better this year.

He is wearing #17 this year.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

As I have mentioned before, I loved his game in college and always felt he would be a very good pro. Folks have asked in the past how would I know? Because I watch Ol' Miss. games beacuse they are my Grandfather's favorite team. Apparently, Seattle saw this and drafte him appropriately. https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...d-up-with-the-bull-4-round-mock-draft.300033/

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There’s a good chance that the three WRs picked in 2019 don’t pan out. When you try and flood a position and crap out completely, it means your scouting department is pretty bad.

What does "pan out" mean in this context, though? If Isabella becomes a 70/700/7 guy beginning in 2021 should Larry retire and Kirk move outside, that's not a bad return. If you can get 40 receptions a season from KeeSean Johnson, you're probably getting fine return as a #4 WR. These guys are just blocked by players they're never going to be better than.

The biggest deal is that neither Johnson or Isabella play special teams. They combined for 71 total special teams snaps last season(!!). If you're going to take these guys in the middle rounds, you should be sure they can help outside of the offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
FWIW i read an article today that said Isabella is having a strong camp and the coaches say he's a totally different player this year, much more confident in himself, less "robotic".

They did also make an interesting point, in essence he's the backup to Fitz which had lots to do with him not playing much last year, Fitz doesn't leave the field that much so when the 4WR sets became uncommon, he didn't get to play much.

I'm still skeptical he just doesn't look like a "natural" Wr to me but I sure hope they're telling the truth and he looks better this year.

He is wearing #17 this year.

I mean, Isabella had fewer snaps than Byrd, Sherfield, Cooper, and KeeSean Johnson last season. He had half as many snaps as KeeSean, who was benched completely after Week 8 or so.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
What does "pan out" mean in this context, though? If Isabella becomes a 70/700/7 guy beginning in 2021 should Larry retire and Kirk move outside, that's not a bad return. If you can get 40 receptions a season from KeeSean Johnson, you're probably getting fine return as a #4 WR. These guys are just blocked by players they're never going to be better than.

The biggest deal is that neither Johnson or Isabella play special teams. They combined for 71 total special teams snaps last season(!!). If you're going to take these guys in the middle rounds, you should be sure they can help outside of the offense.

If KeeSean catches 40 balls in a season, that’s fine ROI for a sixth-round pick. If we get 700 from Isabella in 2021, that’d be fine depending on how Kirk does, but Isabella first needs to show growth in 2020 and not have about half his yards come from one catch.

It’s completely unacceptable that we got a fat donut from Butler.