Official 2023 Cardinals Camp thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Unless Kyler comes out like gangbusters, I think the writing is clearly on the wall as far his future is concerned. As is anyone else from the previous regime.
Jody Oehler, local morning sports talk guy has a theory (bordering on "conspiracy"):

Monti / Gannon want to start fresh, as does Kyler

all parties have agreed to play nice publicly for this season -- Kyler wont play until clearly 100% to showcase that he is back and Cards have agreed to trade him in the offseason.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Jody Oehler, local morning sports talk guy has a theory (bordering on "conspiracy"):

all parties have agreed to play nice publicly for this season -- Kyler wont play until clearly 100% to showcase that he is back and Cards have agreed to trade him in the offseason.
The only part that makes it difficult for me to believe is that Kyler looks extremely happy AND engaged...more than ever before. If he was just muddling through a bad situation, even with agreements on all sides, I think his attitude would still be salty.

Now, what may be more plausible, is that they have an agreement if things don't go well when he comes back, either his performance or how he fits into the offense, then they would look to trade him and let him go...But for now all parties have to give a 100% fair chance to succeed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I believe this is entirely plausible.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The only part that makes it difficult for me to believe is that Kyler looks extremely happy AND engaged...more than ever before. If he was just muddling through a bad situation, even with agreements on all sides, I think his attitude would still be salty.

Now, what may be more plausible, is that they have an agreement if things don't go well when he comes back, either his performance or how he fits into the offense, then they would look to trade him and let him go...But for now all parties have to give a 100% fair chance to succeed.
I think Kyler would be excited to get out of Arizona and a losing situation. He is smart enough to be able to say the right things and focus on his rehab. Definitely tin-foil cap thinking but not too far out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has about 45 million reasons to be happy without even stepping foot on the field.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line - I agree. Keim left us with nothing. We have to move on.

Do you want to be mediocre/slightly competitive or do you want to win a championship?

IMO - you can't build a championship team from where we are now (lack of talent on roster) with Kyler's contract. Name one team who started with a roster like us and a top 5 paid QB who has done it.

Yes, I am advocating a complete rebuild that will take 2-3 years.
If by two to 3 years you mean looking like a competent football team, and competing for a playoff spot, sign me up!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Texans traded Watson.
True...he asked for the trade, though...and had a no-trade clause, so he could dictate where he went. I can see a little parallel with Murray, if Kyler is held out all season...Deshaun was held out with the allegations.