OC and D Line coaches let go.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's quite possible that Pendy isn't Whiz's first choice; but, he doesn't yet have permission to hire who he wants for the position.

We know that Cards asked the Steelers for permission to interview Keith Butler, but we don't know if the Steelers have approved this request as yet.

After eight years as a LB coach in the NFL, he may be ready for a DC position, which he did hold for one year in college, although with ASU. (Arkansas State....just thought I'd throw off the ASU Homers.)

Also, does anyone know what is happening with Dick LeBeau? If the Steelers don't hire Grimm, their new coach may want to clean house, making LeBeau available as the Cards DC, which would also make Pendy expendible.
Since we don't know if we can get either Butler or LeBeau, I don't see a reason to dump Pendy just yet either.

Of course, the Bidwills might be forcing Pendy down Whisenhunts throat just so that he knows who really runs the organization. :sarcasm:

Go Cards!!!

I thought about LeBeau myself and looked up his age yesterday and noticed he turns 70 years old later this year. How much longer is this guy going to coach?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I thought about LeBeau myself and looked up his age yesterday and noticed he turns 70 years old later this year. How much longer is this guy going to coach?

I didn't realize he was that old and now I'm especially glad I didn't throw out my Don Shula was a "Run first HC before getting Marino" line in response to the LeBeau is strictly a 3-4 guy. I believe you can teach an old dog new tricks, but I've never met a 70 year old dog to know how long that theory holds up.

I personally think that Kevin Butler will be our next DC, but I'm purely speculating.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
I know the veterans are probably not happy to learn they'll be dealing with thier fifth offensive coordinator in five years, but I like the idea of starting from scratch in terms of plays called.

Veterans? 5 years? Are there any starters besides Big who were on the Cards offense that started all those 5 years? Depending on if you count next year as the 5th I guess Boldin could be....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veterans? 5 years? Are there any starters besides Big who were on the Cards offense that started all those 5 years? Depending on if you count next year as the 5th I guess Boldin could be....
Wakefield? just kidding.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn