Non All AZ Fans Suck

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
no - it just baffles my mind sometimes how myopic people can be

seems to be what you are good at though - throwing out opinions and stereotypes without putting forth any effort to see where someone else is coming from

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no - it just baffles my mind sometimes how myopic people can be

seems to be what you are good at though - throwing out opinions and stereotypes without putting forth any effort to see where someone else is coming from

come again..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I live in Southern California and I root for:

AZ Cards.

STL. Cards

GS Warriors...

Magoo

Yinzer
Reaction score
I was raised close to Pittsburgh and I'll never throw away those roots. If Pittsburgh would have had an NBA team I would have been a fan of that team. I became a fan of the Suns because I saw how big the team was around here and I started to watch them and I really liked how they played and how much the fans got into games.
You must be registered for see images

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My entire family is from Pittsburgh and they ditched those stinking Pittsburgh teams. You can do it!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't think I could ever ditch my Arizona teams no matter what. I desperately tried to rid myself of the Cardinals after only 8-9 years of being a fan, but I couldn't so I know I won't ever be able to.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
People can cheer for who they want. I would venture to say there aren't many AZ natives. Many come from other cities and keep their loyalty to other teams. I would keep mine if I moved away. No way could I root for another team(s) like I do AZ teams. Can't fault people for being loyal.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was raised close to Pittsburgh and I'll never throw away those roots. If Pittsburgh would have had an NBA team I would have been a fan of that team. I became a fan of the Suns because I saw how big the team was around here and I started to watch them and I really liked how they played and how much the fans got into games.

Typical new PHX resident response.. Most tend to accept the Suns because of their past.. Yet, they never accept the bad teams here citing they were raised around the other teams from a distant state.. I could easily do that and say Im a Packers fan since I was born their and talk tons of smack since I was born there.. But, I live in AZ and this is my home and the family I have in WI wouldnt have it any other way even though they are Packers fans..

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, I feel much as you do. I know I'm stabbing my Phialdelphia brethren in the back each time I root for an eagles loss. That's just the way it's gotta be. Especially as I sit with most of my mortal enemies at Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games. I look at my Cards fandom as a quirk. A good one, but a quirk nevertheless.

Same here.

Typical new PHX resident response.. Most tend to accept the Suns because of their past.. Yet, they never accept the bad teams here citing they were raised around the other teams from a distant state.. I could easily do that and say Im a Packers fan since I was born their and talk tons of smack since I was born there.. But, I live in AZ and this is my home and the family I have in WI wouldnt have it any other way even though they are Packers fans..

I root for the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers because of where I grew up. Seven months in AZ does not automatically remove a loyalty that was instilled in me since, well, birth.

I remember listening to the 73-74 & 74-75 Flyers championship seasons on LP when I was five years old because my dad loved to listen to it. Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" is one of the greatest things ever.

I remember my family going absolutely nuts in 1980 when Pete Rose, Schmidty and the Tugster won the World Series. I wore #14 in little league because I loved Petey so much.

I remember my 5th grade reading teacher wheeling a tv into class during 5th period so we could watch the 76ers parade down Broad Street in 1983 when they won the NBA championship.

Those memories don't go away. All of those teams are now not that great and, honestly, I have no more room in my broken sports heart for crappy AZ teams right now. That said, since I moved here, I have seen all four professional sports teams play at least once. And I do root for them to do well ... as long as they ain't playing the Sixers (who lost to the Suns), Flyers (who were shut out by the Coyotes) or Phillies (who the Diamondbacks recently swept).

Have I adopted the Suns? Hells yeah, cause they are fun as heck to watch. (And, Chad, you know I started following the Suns during the 2006 playoffs, way before I even decided to move here.)

Old allegiances die hard. I rooted for the Cards instead of the Eagles when I lived in South Jersey and I took very little crap for it.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here.

I root for the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers because of where I grew up. Seven months in AZ does not automatically remove a loyalty that was instilled in me since, well, birth.

I remember listening to the 73-74 & 74-75 Flyers championship seasons on LP when I was five years old because my dad loved to listen to it. Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" is one of the greatest things ever.

I remember my family going absolutely nuts in 1980 when Pete Rose, Schmidty and the Tugster won the World Series. I wore #14 in little league because I loved Petey so much.

I remember my 5th grade reading teacher wheeling a tv into class during 5th period so we could watch the 76ers parade down Broad Street in 1983 when they won the NBA championship.

Those memories don't go away. All of those teams are now not that great and, honestly, I have no more room in my broken sports heart for crappy AZ teams right now. That said, since I moved here, I have seen all four professional sports teams play at least once. And I do root for them to do well ... as long as they ain't playing the Sixers (who lost to the Suns), Flyers (who were shut out by the Coyotes) or Phillies (who the Diamondbacks recently swept).

Have I adopted the Suns? Hells yeah, cause they are fun as heck to watch. (And, Chad, you know I started following the Suns during the 2006 playoffs, way before I even decided to move here.)

Old allegiances die hard. I rooted for the Cards instead of the Eagles when I lived in South Jersey and I took very little crap for it.

Your not a real fan then.

Live in AZ + not supporting every AZ team = not a real fan.

:sarcasm:

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I live in Southern California and I root for:

AZ Cards.

STL. Cards

GS Warriors...

Yikes, very similar... So. Cal resident transplanted from St. Louis and...

AZ. CARDS NFL
STL CARDS MLB
L.A. CLIPPERS NBA
L.A. KINGS NHL

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Gee your advice is needed.

I am moving to South Dakota in 2 weeks.

They have zero pro teams. Zero Division 1 college squads.

What should I do?

Is it okay to continue rooting for the Suns? If I get a dish and NBA League Pass, will/should the Sioux Falls Skyforce come to my door pitchforks in hand?

:D

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee your advice is needed.

I am moving to South Dakota in 2 weeks.

They have zero pro teams. Zero Division 1 college squads.

What should I do?

Is it okay to continue rooting for the Suns? If I get a dish and NBA League Pass, will/should the Sioux Falls Skyforce come to my door pitchforks in hand?

Ive said it more than once before.. I only concern myself with AZ residents.. I let other states deal with what they think is acceptable..

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Gee - Janet Napolitano send her personal thanks for setting policy on arizona fandom - your service will never be forgotten

Louis - you need to become a timberwolves fan

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee - Janet Napolitano send her personal thanks for setting policy on arizona fandom - your service will never be forgotten

Say what now? I didnt vote for her and was on this topic way before she was elected.. Your obsucre post about it makes no sense.. So now your gonna have to explain it, which, in turn, will render it worthless..

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant and chose ya busters..

Either support then all or your much like a politician or a parent saying just do as I say..

AZ is your home.. love it or go else where..

Can you honestly try to explain to your children loyalty? Then turn around and root for an out of town team? Think about it...
Okay, forgive me if this has been covered, but how can you talk about loyalty when you claim you should only root for the home team? What if someone moved from somewhere else--shouldn't their "loyalty" lie with those teams?

Should I be a Bronco fan simply because of my geography?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you become a Cardinals fan?

My family vacationed in Arizona the summer before the Cards first season in the valley. I was starting to really get into football at the time. My sister rooted for the Cowboys and my brother rooted for the Eagles and Pats. I wanted to be different and, since everyone was so high here on getting a football team, I jumped on board.

I still have some Cards stuff I got on that first trip. :)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My family vacationed in Arizona the summer before the Cards first season in the valley. I was starting to really get into football at the time. My sister rooted for the Cowboys and my brother rooted for the Eagles and Pats. I wanted to be different and, since everyone was so high here on getting a football team, I jumped on board.

I still have some Cards stuff I got on that first trip. :)

That's a great story JG. :thumbup:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'm A
Cardinals over all
Suns
Dbacks
Syracuse (born and raised) fan, but who cares, let people root for who they want.

if someone likes the
Patriots
Spurs
Mets or Red Sox
you know they are a front runner, and you push them into a bush when they root for the Cardinals when we win the Super Bowl in a few years.

GO CARDS

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson