No one in NFC West will put up a fight against the Cardinals

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh I think Belichick is an excellent coach, and the way the Pats have stockpiled picks will enable the team to be good for years.

Trading down was very astute, and the talent level is sure to increase for the Pats over the next few years.

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Belichick is a solid coach, and I wasn't that sure about him in the beginning. Their big problem, IMO, is Charlie Weis, the OC, who I believe is vastly over rated. No excuse for him this year though, as they have added depth, and a lot of talent in the offensive positions.

Depth is the key. And one of the negatives with the Cardinals, is the lack of depth, at most key positions.

If Emmitt goes down, I have little faith in Shipp.

And, if Blake goes down, what the hell will this team do at QB? They should have picked up an experienced backup, as well.

The O line, while a pretty good one, is thin, and Davis, IMO, should be moved...and I dont know why they dont do it? They have talked about it, but just dont pull the trigger and move him to where he can do the most for this team at LT.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM
You could say that about almost any team. If Ricky Williams doesnt come through for the Dolphins...long season, etc.

I believe the thing that will keep the Pats in contention, all season long, is their depth at most positions....RB, WR and the great acquisitions they made on defense, COLVIN (remember him?), Rodney Harrison and the draft pick of Ty Warren to line up with Colvin and Richard Seymour.

Even with superstars, if you dont have the backups, and the depth, you can kiss your season goodbye.

This is where Bill Belichick has excelled, in recognizing the need for quality depth...and where, I believe teams like the Cardinals have failed.....

BTW, good info on Shipp's numbers, but I still believe you think too much of him.

Colvin was a huge pickup for you guys...obviously. He will add another dimension to a defense that is IMO one of the better run defenses in the league.

I am still not a Brady fan and I personally think that is where the Pats weakness is...but he has had success. Again, AFC East looks like a tough division. All indications are the Bills improved themselves alot and Miami is pretty good although their HC sucks and I question Fiedler.

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Colvin was a huge pickup for you guys...obviously. He will add another dimension to a defense that is IMO one of the better run defenses in the league.

I am still not a Brady fan and I personally think that is where the Pats weakness is...but he has had success. Again, AFC East looks like a tough division. All indications are the Bills improved themselves alot and Miami is pretty good although their HC sucks and I question Fiedler.

Brady is a tremendously SMART QB, he led the AFC in TD passes last year with only 14 ints.

His problem was he had no deep threats, now they do....and he has strengthened his arm immensely, winning the long throw in the NFL QB Challenge, (although I really dont put much stock into that)

He is a sold QB and now has another year's experience under his belt..and with the offensive line getting better and better, i think he can be pro bowl material.

It's a tough division...very tough....and I hate that they open up with two ont he road, Buffalo and Philly....

Cant wait till next season, (2004) Pats play here, in Arizona. I guess we will have to fill SDS, AGAIN, with about 25,000 Pats fans, A SEA OF BLUE, they called it last time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM
Yeah Belichick is a solid coach, and I wasn't that sure about him in the beginning. Their big problem, IMO, is Charlie Weis, the OC, who I believe is vastly over rated. No excuse for him this year though, as they have added depth, and a lot of talent in the offensive positions.

Depth is the key. And one of the negatives with the Cardinals, is the lack of depth, at most key positions.

If Emmitt goes down, I have little faith in Shipp.

And, if Blake goes down, what the hell will this team do at QB? They should have picked up an experienced backup, as well.

The O line, while a pretty good one, is thin, and Davis, IMO, should be moved...and I dont know why they dont do it? They have talked about it, but just dont pull the trigger and move him to where he can do the most for this team at LT.

I have to say that I disagree almost completely.

This Cards team, while not that talented, does boast pretty good depth at most positions.

RB, Wr, OL, DL, and LB all have better depth than any other point in time since the team arrived in Arizona. But the quality of the starters might be lacking.

Qb, as you pointed out, is a major concern, no doubt. McCown has looked much better in camp, but I think he still needs another year. He has tremendous talent, but he is still way too green to be a starter at Qb.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
This Cards team, while not that talented, does boast pretty good depth at most positions.

RB, Wr, OL, DL, and LB all have better depth than any other point in time since the team arrived in Arizona. But the quality of the starters might be lacking.

Qb, as you pointed out, is a major concern, no doubt. McCown has looked much better in camp, but I think he still needs another year. He has tremendous talent, but he is still way too green to be a starter at Qb.

But isn't that the point? If you lack talent and you run your "first" team - which would be most of the leagues "second" team - you're going to get beat more often than not.

Shawn

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
But isn't that the point? If you lack talent and you run your "first" team - which would be most of the leagues "second" team - you're going to get beat more often than not.

Shawn

The talent on the first team is getting much better though.

And as you noticed last year with your Packers, having weak second and third stringers kills a team. You have to have good backups too.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The talent on the first team is getting much better though.

And as you noticed last year with your Packers, having weak second and third stringers kills a team. You have to have good backups too.

But my point is that your starters would for the most part only be backup's on other teams. :D

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Like who?

Well, I love the Cards, but I am also a Packers fan as well...

Blake, all our WR's, our RB's, Tight End.....just for starters :)

Mike

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like who?

All your receiving corp - except one - for starters. Your TE's, and RB's - that includes Emmitt. He's old and I can't see him lasting the entire season - the only reason he is here is to sell tickets.

How about that for starters? Should I continue with the defense?

Shawn

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All your receiving corp - except one - for starters. Your TE's, and RB's - that includes Emmitt. He's old and I can't see him lasting the entire season - the only reason he is here is to sell tickets.

Shawn

Shawn, Freddie Jones would start on most teams....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawn, Freddie Jones would start on most teams....

If by most teams you mean those that are most desperate - then I'd agree. :D :thumbup:

Shawn

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Shawn

Well, yeah.

Reaction score
Brilliant!!

So what you are saying is the Cardinals don't have many players that would start on most teams in the league. I think you can say that about alot of teams, except for the possibly the TB defense I can't think of too many teams that have a run on all positions.

Lets see:
QB - Favre (who I have always liked) would be a back-up on at least 8 teams in the league, probably more.

RB - Green - There is at least 12 teams in the league he would be a back up on.

WR - Driver - He's pretty good, and young, but he still wouldn't be the number 1 reciever on most teams. The Cards and Packers are possibly the only teams he'd be number one on.

WR - Glenn - Possible number 2 reciever on a few teams, definately number 3 on alot (oops, is he even on your team anymore, and I thought the Cards had a problem with recievers).

TE - Franks - A great young tight end, but back up on at least 4 or 5.

The only player on the Packers that would start on probably every NFL team is Sharper.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM
Antowain Smith is in the best shape of his career.

Then why did he fail the coach's camp workout course...again?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If by most teams you mean those that are most desperate - then I'd agree. :D :thumbup:

Shawn

That's BS, Shawn.

If you are talking realistically, FJ could start for most teams in the league. I'm not saying he would start over Franks, but for most teams he would.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Nice comeback :D

Mike

There's just no point to this.

"They couldn't start on any other team."

"Yeah they could."

End of story.
It's completely ********.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Brilliant!!

Originally posted by HookemCards
Lets see:
QB - Favre (who I have always liked) would be a back-up on at least 8 teams in the league, probably more.

Are you kidding me!? Any and every team in the league would put him in as a starter. He's a lock for the HOF - first ballot. He's a stud and he's still got the game to just kill a defense.

Shawn

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Brilliant!!

Are you kidding me!? Any and every team in the league would put him in as a starter. He's a lock for the HOF - first ballot. He's a stud and he's still got the game to just kill a defense.

Shawn

No doubt Atlanta would put him on the pine.
Philly, Tennessee, Oakland would probably politely decline this season.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's just no point to this.

"They couldn't start on any other team."

"Yeah they could."

End of story.
It's completely ********.

Well, I'll have to disagree - obviously. The Cardinals have long been a second-tier team mainly due to their ownership. They're not patient with coaches or staff and they micro-manage the team into the ground. They are finally just starting to be creative with contracts, but it's just totally rediculous at how bad the consistently are. Mr. B. can sit back, not put a competitive product on the field and still make a profit, that's horrible and it drags down the league when he does that. It's not good for the franchise and it's not good for the League as a whole.

Shawn

Reaction score
Like I said I have always like Favre, and 5 years ago every team in the NFL would have him starting, but not now.

I don't think he could start over McNabb in Philly, Vick in Atlanta, Warner when healthy in St. Louis, Pennington in NY, Manning in Ind. or Gannon in Oak.

He was a great QB and a first ballot HoF'r no doubt, but to think he is the quarterback he was 5 years ago just isn't the case, and he isn't the best QB in the NFL anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson