No one in NFC West will put up a fight against the Cardinals

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13
Packers = Midwest = S***

Can't wait to see all those big sunburned asses leaving early in September when the Big Red Line makes a few cheesemelts out of the Chud heads.

Hey Favre, hot enough for ya?

Do you forget that Favre is from the humid south? Heat, schmeat - by half-time you guys will be so whipped I'll be surprised if you come out and finish the game.

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
Okay - so they had probably one of the worst defensive personnel groups in the league last season. They were absolutely atrocious in terms of talent and depth. Yet, they are still able to battle through injury, lack of depth and a lack of obvious talent to only allow 239 points - I believe - in the league.

They've got good coaching and the players have much heart. Vonnie isn't as big a loss as everyone makes him out to be. He was probably a bigger loss for the Cardinals than he was for the Packers.

Shawn

What's your prediction for the Pack? I love our offense if everyone is healthy, especially if Martin can develop as a TE and stretch the field in two TE sets to beat the Cover 2 defense we seem to face.

Our secondary should be pretty good, we still got the pro bowler in Sharper. I actually feel good about our linebackers even though others worry about it. Anyone has to be better than Nickerson was last year, and it sounds like Barnett our first round draft choice is getting great reviews so far.

The D line is where I don't feel confident about. Especially if we get any injuries there. I'm kind of predicting 10-6 or 11-5 because we have some tough road games and I have concerns about our D line. But I predicted 10-6 last year and was wrong. :D

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
What's your prediction for the Pack? I love our offense if everyone is healthy, especially if Martin can develop as a TE and stretch the field in two TE sets to beat the Cover 2 defense we seem to face.

Our secondary should be pretty good, we still got the pro bowler in Sharper. I actually feel good about our linebackers even though others worry about it. Anyone has to be better than Nickerson was last year, and it sounds like Barnett our first round draft choice is getting great reviews so far.

The D line is where I don't feel confident about. Especially if we get any injuries there. I'm kind of predicting 10-6 or 11-5 because we have some tough road games and I have concerns about our D line. But I predicted 10-6 last year and was wrong. :D

Somewhere between the 10-6 and 12-4 mark seems about right to me.

I think the D-line is a bit thin, but they'll manage so I'm not too concerned about them. I'm more worried about the CB's and DB's. They were not good last season and while the rookies have another year under their belts I still think we are slow and capable of being beat long. The defense is suspect again this year, but it was last year and they really surprised me.

I've got no worries on the Offensive side of the ball, except that with Favre getting older and less mobile, if the D doesn't keep us in some of those close road games, I'm not sure how much of a shoot out Favre can do week-in and week-out.

Shawn

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the 10-6 and 12-4 mark seems about right to me.

I think the D-line is a bit thin, but they'll manage so I'm not too concerned about them. I'm more worried about the CB's and DB's. They were not good last season and while the rookies have another year under their belts I still think we are slow and capable of being beat long. The defense is suspect again this year, but it was last year and they really surprised me.

I've got no worries on the Offensive side of the ball, except that with Favre getting older and less mobile, if the D doesn't keep us in some of those close road games, I'm not sure how much of a shoot out Favre can do week-in and week-out.

Shawn

I actually like our DBs, except with the mild concern of the safety spot opposite Sharper. I was never a Ty Williams fan, so I was glad to see him go. And I like McKenzie.

I wanted to get tickets for the San Diego game too since it's not to long of drive, but they sold out the first day and I tried to late. The Chargers website said it was the busiest ticket day sales ever.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
I actually like our DBs, except with the mild concern of the safety spot opposite Sharper. I was never a Ty Williams fan, so I was glad to see him go. And I like McKenzie.

I wanted to get tickets for the San Diego game too since it's not to long of drive, but they sold out the first day and I tried to late. The Chargers website said it was the busiest ticket day sales ever.

I caught them there about 3 seasons ago - that was a great venue, I really enjoyed that game.

I live McKenzie a lot - lot's of heart and hustle. Sharper is the glue on the defense - without him we're dead - imo.

I just think that we are inexperienced (young) and slow. But we've got some of the best defensive coaches in the league and they put these guys in positions all the time to make plays, so we've got that going for us.

Shawn

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The drunken Anti-pessimism on this board is hilarious!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
(Loud, uncontrollable laughter)

????

When you graduate from the Pop Warner league and actually start making a consistent appearance in the playoffs - then you can laugh, until then keep planning on taking vacation at the beginning of January.

Shawn

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
????

When you graduate from the Pop Warner league and actually start making a consistent appearance in the playoffs - then you can laugh, until then keep planning on taking vacation at the beginning of January.

Shawn

Are you from Wisconsin or were you watching SportsCenter one day and decided its about time to jump on the bandwagon?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
????

Shawn

Enjoy your run. :D

And then back to the cellar where you belong! :thumbup:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Are you from Wisconsin or were you watching SportsCenter one day and decided its about time to jump on the bandwagon?

Born in Long Beach, grew up in Albuquerque. Started following and cheering for the Packers since the '75 season. I know what lean years are - you guys have been living in a virtual famine since your existence so I don't need to Ethiopian, dirt eating team to tell me anything until they prove it on the football field. :D

Shawn

Last edited:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Enjoy your run. :D

And then back to the cellar where you belong! :thumbup:

I honestly don't think they are going to end up in the cellar anytime soon - especially in the division that they are in. Minnesota is so-so and they offer the only real competition we face (within the Division). Then there are the perpetual cellar-dwellers embodied in the Bears and the Lions.

Other than that - the only other NFC team that we should run into any resistence this season is the Bucs. They've got a terrific D.

Shawn

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I honestly don't think they are going to end up in the cellar anytime soon - especially in the division that they are in. Minnesota is so-so and they offer the only real competition we face (within the Division). Then there are the perpetual cellar-dwellers embodied in the Bears and the Lions.

Other than that - the only other NFC team that we should run into any resistence this season is the Bucs. They've got a terrific D.

Shawn

Well this IS the smack forum. I'm allowed to say some outlandish things. :D

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Hello to all my friends. I see that you have finally initiated a board dedicated to the NEMster. It took way too long.

Anyway, I have had a serious chuckle reading some of the posts in this thread. 13-3, 12-4, 10-6...... very funny.

Although, I will say this..... now that the cancer, Jake the Fake, is gone, this is the beginning of a new era for the Cardinals.

I think that this team will surprise many people. They may not win as many games as some of you think, but I believe they will play a better brand of football, will be involved in many more, close football games, and will provide the fans with something they have been looking for, for a long time.

I still am not a believer in Dave McGinnis, he has been far too much of a cheerleader, than a head coach, but from what I have heard from reports coming out of Flagstaff, he has become much more of a hard ass and a disciplinarian this season.

Whether he can maintain that image is a different story, though. If he reverts back to his rah rah ways, he will lose whatever he has gained in his coaching status.

Emmitt Smith still has something left in his tank, and if used in the proper manner, he will definitely be a plus. I think very little, however, of Marcel Shipp.

The key will be Freddie Jones. If he can revert to his past form, and take some of the pressure off of a very inexperienced
wide receiver corps, then the passing game will not be as bad as some expect. And, of course, they finally have someone with intelligence taking the snaps from center.....

Anyway, here I am....I know you have all missed me and waited for my return......

And, just to let you know that I am not a converted Mister Nice Guy.....if I see what I believe to be wrong, you can bet your butts that I will be the first to let you know...and it won't be pretty.

After all, I can't allow word to get out that I have become a wimpy assed Cardinal fan. :wave:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM
. I think very little, however, of Marcel Shipp.

Your eye for talent has been sorely lacking for years!

Anyways post up till you get booted yet again! :wave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Your eye for talent has been sorely lacking for years!

Anyways post up till you get booted yet again! :wave:

I don't see how anyone could be down on Shipp....

Oh I forgot. He's comparing Shipp to the ALLWORLD talents J.R. Redmond, Antowain Smith, and Keving Faulk.

Very pathetic RB corp.

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I don't see how anyone could be down on Shipp....

Oh I forgot. He's comparing Shipp to the ALLWORLD talents J.R. Redmond, Antowain Smith, and Keving Faulk.

Very pathetic RB corp.

Antowain Smith is in the best shape of his career, Kevin Faulk is an explosive back, and the addition of Larry Centers was a steal...also Antwan Womack is ready to play......

JR Redmond, IMO, has gotten a bad deal from the Pats, and I still believe he is very talented...

I would take all of the above over Shipp, any time, any where....

Shipp averages under 2 yards a carry, most of the time, and his numbers got inflated with ONE long run in many games..and he cant hold onto the ball and goes down easily....

Pittmann would have been the better choice...talent wise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM

Now I have to say I totally agree with Shane.
Your eye for talent is WAY off.

Shipp is quite a bit better than Pittman.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM
Antowain Smith is in the best shape of his career, Kevin Faulk is an explosive back, and the addition of Larry Centers was a steal...also Antwan Womack is ready to play......

JR Redmond, IMO, has gotten a bad deal from the Pats, and I still believe he is very talented...

I would take all of the above over Shipp, any time, any where....

Shipp averages under 2 yards a carry, most of the time, and his numbers got inflated with ONE long run in many games..and he cant hold onto the ball and goes down easily....

Not comparing Shipp to Barry Sanders but Sanders did the same thing. Short runs all day then he would pop one or two real long ones.

I disagree that Pittman is better than Shipp. Shipp ran for over 2000 yards during a season in college...no matter what level, there has to be talent there.

The rest of your post is pretty good. I was infdifferent about signing Emmitt but the more I think about it the more against it I am but nothing I can do about it. He better have a good season.

Welcome back NEM.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEM

You are entitled to your opinion but I think your facts a little messed up. Shipp does have a problem holding onto the ball but as far as long runs are concerned. Here are some stats I took his game log and deleted games where he had a run over 25 yards.

Week 2 @SEA W 24-13 8 39 4.9 17
Week 7 DAL W 9-6 (OT) 11 33 3.0 14
Week 8 @SF L 38-28 6 27 4.5 13
Week 9 STL L 27-14 3 15 5.0 11
Week 10 SEA L 27-6 16 85 5.3 16
Week 14 DET W 23-20 25 85 3.4 16
Week 15 @STL L 30-28 26 79 3.0 10
Week 17 @DEN L 37-7 17 58 3.4 12

Not too shabby.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thank you Endzone.

I knew he had to be wrong about that, because Shipp's trademark, is that he consistently gets positive yardage.

NEM: The Patriots do have a deep runningback corps, but if Antwoin doesn't come through, it could be a long season in Foxboro.

SBXXXVIChamps

Banned
Reaction score
You could say that about almost any team. If Ricky Williams doesnt come through for the Dolphins...long season, etc.

I believe the thing that will keep the Pats in contention, all season long, is their depth at most positions....RB, WR and the great acquisitions they made on defense, COLVIN (remember him?), Rodney Harrison and the draft pick of Ty Warren to line up with Colvin and Richard Seymour.

Even with superstars, if you dont have the backups, and the depth, you can kiss your season goodbye.

This is where Bill Belichick has excelled, in recognizing the need for quality depth...and where, I believe teams like the Cardinals have failed.....

BTW, good info on Shipp's numbers, but I still believe you think too much of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard