Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 11-21-22

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He scored 0 points in the 2nd half… he scored 10 points all game and the 7 we scored came on a 47 yard screen pass from dortch. He was lucky he didn’t throw a pick-6 because the 9ers took away all his quick throws he had last week. I agree the Bosa hit was absolute BS though. That shows how soft our team is because no one rallied to their QB after he took 5 steps to hit McCoy
Screen passes don’t count? He had a perfectly thrown ball dropped in end zone. A first down drop by Hop. Dortch going wrong way on a play that would have been a first down. Real dumb penalty by Hop and Conner half adding it caused the pick. Second half he had even less time after Niners went up big. It was a jail break on many plays. Name a backup that could have done better.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Screen passes don’t count? He had a perfectly thrown ball dropped in end zone. A first down drop by Hop. Dortch going wrong way on a play that would have been a first down. Real dumb penalty by Hop and Conner half adding it caused the pick. Second half he had even less time after Niners went up big. It was a jail break on many plays. Name a backup that could have done better.
I never said that. That was our first successful screen all season lol. It was the 9ers adapting and taking away all his first reads by disguising their D mostly. That’s why he held onto it longer and panicked. Hell, one time he took off when his first read wasn’t there and tried to outrun a linebacker to the sideline, only to be sacked. Colt played good in the first half, but terrible in the 2nd half when the D adapted and adjusted. He’s not the only one to blame because like you said, a bunch of other mistakes, but he had a bad game

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Colt was not the reason we lost the game. Nobody should be mad at Colt McCoy. The larger point is that the list of crap you just rattled off is the same that Kyler deals with week after week. The team is poorly run, lacks culture and has systemic issues that can't be overcome. The head coach is not an authority figure in the locker room, does not demand respect or discipline from his players, gives them rest days they don't deserve, gives them cell phone breaks, runs training camp like a spa treatment, etc. This won't improve.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Colt was not the reason we lost the game. Nobody should be mad at Colt McCoy. The larger point is that the list of crap you just rattled off is the same that Kyler deals with week after week. The team is poorly run, lacks culture and has systemic issues that can't be overcome. The head coach is not an authority figure in the locker room, does not demand respect or discipline from his players, gives them rest days they don't deserve, gives them cell phone breaks, runs training camp like a spa treatment, etc. This won't improve.
:yeahthat:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said that. That was our first successful screen all season lol. It was the 9ers adapting and taking away all his first reads by disguising their D mostly. That’s why he held onto it longer and panicked. Hell, one time he took off when his first read wasn’t there and tried to outrun a linebacker to the sideline, only to be sacked. Colt played good in the first half, but terrible in the 2nd half when the D adapted and adjusted. He’s not the only one to blame because like you said, a bunch of other mistakes, but he had a bad game
Actually the pocket was collapsing and he spun out and started running and was sacked. Troy Aikman said he pulled a Kyler Murray. He had one drive ended when nobody touched a DL and he got crushed. When Niners get big lead on you that DL will take over and they did. If you believe it was McCoy’s poor play so be it.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually the pocket was collapsing and he spun out and started running and was sacked. Troy Aikman said he pulled a Kyler Murray. He had one drive ended when nobody touched a DL and he got crushed. When Niners get big lead on you that DL will take over and they did. If you believe it was McCoy’s poor play so be it.
I never said his poor play that caused our loss, but it didn’t help. This whole thing started because I asked why McCoy was benched in favor of McSorely and if it was an indication on Kyler being benched or his hamstring. I never got once blamed him for the loss. Much like last week was a team win, this week was a team loss. No one played well.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said his poor play that caused our loss, but it didn’t help. This whole thing started because I asked why McCoy was benched in favor of McSorely and if it was an indication on Kyler being benched or his hamstring. I never got once blamed him for the loss. Much like last week was a team win, this week was a team loss. No one played well.
I don’t believe he was benched. He was hurt on that Bosa hit and should have come out right then. Was shocked he wasn’t forced to come out to be honest.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe he was benched. He was hurt on that Bosa hit and should have come out right then. Was shocked he wasn’t forced to come out to be honest.
It was a cheap shot and shows how soft our team is. Colt was our emotional leader last week, but takes a cheap shot this week and we let it go like it was nothing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I'm not saying your absolutely right GGS, but it's probably the most logical explanation. The penalty issue backs up your argument.

And then things like Eno getting shown the door kind of dovetails into the idea that Kliff may have lost the locker room.

I hope were both wrong actually. I would like for this group of leaders to be able to right the ship and get back to winning. But with each embarrassing loss it gets harder and harder to imagine that's going to happen. Sucks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose