Nice article, Joe Mama!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Joe Mama was ASFN's first moderator. When Mike Olbinski and I started ASFN I knew I wouldn't have the time to cover the Suns so Chad was invaluable to us.

I'm thrilled he was able to parlay it into a paying job.

yup, I owe Jim a big thank you for creating this web site. Without the site I probably never would have heard of Andy (thegrahamcrackr) or Synergy Sports Technology.

thegrahamcrackr said:
Haha, Im just not as interesting as Chad :)

haha. I just need to teach you how to ride a dirt bike! Actually, Andy's job is much more exciting and interesting than mine. Don't get me wrong. I love my job. It's perfect for me, but he gets to deal with the teams, scouts, personnel, etc.. He gets to buddy up all of these NBA guys, and he will be traveling out to them this summer and next year.

Joe

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Is Synergy Sports Technology a publicly traded company?

Nope. We did everything with very little private investment (in comparison to most start up companies) and then got a shot in the arm from Cuban earlier this season.

I can't imagine we will ever go public, but ya never know. If it is ever in the works I'll make sure to post something on here about it though :)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I admire how upbeat you are, despite the accident.

Great story. I'm glad we're getting to hear about it.

Best wishes, Joe Mama. :)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
haha. I just need to teach you how to ride a dirt bike! Actually, Andy's job is much more exciting and interesting than mine. Don't get me wrong. I love my job. It's perfect for me, but he gets to deal with the teams, scouts, personnel, etc.. He gets to buddy up all of these NBA guys, and he will be traveling out to them this summer and next year.

Joe

You think I like it when scouts and coaches call me all day long? :)

I know, its a rough job, but someone has to do it!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I should have told him about some of my great voice misrecognitions!

Joe

I like this one:

"I have a pretty good setup here," he said. "When I got hurt, I didn't even know how to turn on a computer. I had to get my 10-year-old brother to do it for me. But I learned a lot using the voice soft wear and just picked it up."

:D

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Congrats Joe! :thumbup:

I'm sure I'm not alone in missing your commentary on this board, but it sounds like this is a great opportunity for you. I'm sure Synergy is thrilled with your work, as well.

(For some reason, I always read Andy's sig as: "Chad is a very special person, and I've got him locked in my basement!" I know it's just me, though. :( )

cly2tw

Reaction score
Joe Mama,

I truly admire your great attitude!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama - A Special person with a special job! :)

These two guys are great. I can't think of anyone better to do what they are doing. I don't really think they get much sleep at all.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I'm "board-browsing", I always look Joe Mama & Thegrahmcrackr posts. First Class acts & first class posts!

Kudos to both! The articles are insite as to why I've always been impressed with your posts. Great Job!!!! Keep it up!!!

Errntknght

Reaction score
So thats what is wrong with the board this year. A couple of us were talking in a thread about the drop off and I went looking through 1700 or so names looking for who had dropped out & didn't find anyone who'd stopped posting completely. It was Joe Mama cutting back... and Andy as well. Mystery solved.

I hope the jobs lead you both on to great things in the bball world.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison