You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307-121858.png
    Screenshot_20230307-121858.png
    1 MB · Views: 1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm jumping off the "Bash Kyler train" and getting into the "The new coaching staff will fix everything hopium balloon".

He seems pumped. He seems to be attacking rehab. The new staff seem into him.

It feels like there was a major Kliff issue there. I still have issues and doubts but I'm going to jump in the balloon for now until he proves otherwise.
I'm ready to give Kyler the benefit of the doubt based on the crap show the Cardinals had leading the organization.

Kyler never seemed to be as fond of Kliff as Kliff was with him. It's hard to listen to someone you don't hold in high regard.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm ready to give Kyler the benefit of the doubt based on the crap show the Cardinals had leading the organization.

Kyler never seemed to be as fond of Kliff as Kliff was with him. It's hard to listen to someone you don't hold in high regard.
He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. He gets a fresh start to see if he's improved, and I'm not going to go crazy bashing the kid until we see if he's turned it around. That's as lenient as I'm willing to go, given that there were clearly problems beyond his relationship with our coach.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. He gets a fresh start to see if he's improved, and I'm not going to go crazy bashing the kid until we see if he's turned it around. That's as lenient as I'm willing to go, given that there were clearly problems beyond his relationship with our coach.
I don't know how much is real and how much is manipulation of the narrative. Clearly Murray doesn't care too much about the narrative.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pro bowls mean nothing. OROY, OK. If that "earns" a quarter of a billion dollars, well, all right then. You are good with it. I'm not. Just different perspectives.
Pro bowls is one of those incentives that are added in contracts, so they do matter when talking about contracts.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judging those new qbs deals the Murray's contract, even after a subpar season, doesn't look bad after all considering how much he is more talented compared to them
Maybe true, if you assume he'll return to his first half of 2021 form.

But in the real world, in 2022 Geno Smith was 1st in completion percentage, 5th in passer rating, 6th in QBR, 7th in TD percentage, 10th in passing yards per game, added 21.5 rushing yards per game with a TD, and stayed healthy and started all 17 games, going 9-8.

Murray was 12th in completion percentage, 23rd in passer rating, 19th in QBR, 22nd in TD percentage, 19th in passing yards per game, added 38 rushing yards per game with 3 TDs, missed six games with injury, and went 3-8. :cry:

Sadly I suspect most of us here would trade Murray and his contract for Smith and his contract right now if it were possible to do so without cap ramifications.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pro bowls is one of those incentives that are added in contracts, so they do matter when talking about contracts.

Teams must be getting away from this and using All Pro status instead right?

The Pro Bowl is stacked with clowns every year. Chandler Jones made the Pro Bowl his last year with us on 10 sacks, 5 of which he got in game 1.

Quenton Nelson had his worst year last year, allowed 5 sacks and was bang average but made the Pro Bowl.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Major question marks including heart and work ethic. He sure in the hell didn't earn it, then crapped the bed in 2022 to show he hadn't earned it.

Especially when he had no competition for OROTY in a weak QB class and Pro Bowls are not remotely accurate measurement of talent.

His 2021 season was Pro Bowl worthy. The other 2 awards he gained cheaply.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose