NFL league: year 2022-23

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The non-exclusive version of the franchise tag is brutal to free agents. Yeah, they can negotiate with other teams... as long as the other teams are willing to offer more money than the previous employer and send that team 2 first round picks.

Throw on top of that, Jackson's issue of either; inability to stay healthy or an unwillingness to play through pain... and as a cherry on the Sunday his awful career playoff stats.

I can see why teams are unwilling to pay the dowry and kiss the bride.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The non-exclusive version of the franchise tag is brutal to free agents. Yeah, they can negotiate with other teams... as long as the other teams are willing to offer more money than the previous employer and send that team 2 first round picks.

Throw on top of that, Jackson's issue of either; inability to stay healthy or an unwillingness to play through pain... and as a cherry on the Sunday his awful career playoff stats.

I can see why teams are unwilling to pay the dowry and kiss the bride.
Yes better paying Geno Smith Jones and Carr
Lamar is an elite dual threat qb, the best ever dual threat qb
Many teams should salivate to have this opportunity to get him

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not for fully guaranteed money they shouldn't. When he already missed 10 games the last 2 years and his running ability is going to decline as he gets older and more beat up.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Major question marks including heart and work ethic. He sure in the hell didn't earn it, then crapped the bed in 2022 to show he hadn't earned it.
All garbage concerns. And no QB would have succeeded in the same predicament this franchise put him in. He took this team from 3 to 5 to 8 to 11 wins. That took heart & effort.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
All garbage concerns. And no QB would have succeeded in the same predicament this franchise put him in. He took this team from 3 to 5 to 8 to 11 wins. That took heart & effort.
I'm not going to argue this out with you again. Kyler is the Teflon QB to you and you will brook absolutely zero criticism of him. I'm going to withhold judgment on his future for now and simply agree to disagree with you. I have hope that this new regime can salvage him. I will wait to see how that unfolds. We'll probably have to wait until 2024 to see for sure, but we should see positive signs when he comes back later in 2023 despite the bad circumstances of his injury.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue this out with you again. Kyler is the Teflon QB to you and you will brook absolutely zero criticism of him. I'm going to withhold judgment on his future for now and simply agree to disagree with you. I have hope that this new regime can salvage him. I will wait to see how that unfolds. We'll probably have to wait until 2024 to see for sure, but we should see positive signs when he comes back later in 2023 despite the bad circumstances of his injury.
Sure, we can agree to disagree. Salvage lol. Not many QB’s in NFL history had a better first 3 seasons than Murray did. And last year had far, far, far more to do with this inept franchise than it did with any QB. But, by all means, we’ll agree to disagree & move on.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think you are right. And then I think of the offensive coaches egos that that are in play. Most would have to rip up their playbook to bring Lamar into the fold. How many do you think that would be willing to do that?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are the Bills so bad they can't re-sign their own players? Bad org something something.
I think they will be in a mini rebuild/re-tool. They will make the playoffs, but without some big changes, their SB window has closed IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why are the Bills so bad they can't re-sign their own players? Bad org something something.
It is exactly these types of comments, mocking posters from other threads who disagree with how the team is handling their business, that earns you the reactions you garner. Be better than this, dude.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is exactly these types of comments, mocking posters from other threads who disagree with how the team is handling their business, that earns you the reactions you garner. Be better than this, dude.

Simply pointing out that some of the talk here that people bring up as if it's a Cardinals only issue are in fact completely normal, league wide situations that are happening with every team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Simply pointing out that some of the talk here that people bring up as if it's a Cardinals only issue are in fact completely normal, league wide situations that are happening with every team.
It's more common for good teams because those value free agents and red-chip guys on rookie contracts become more expensive.

Bad teams like those picking in the top 5 have fewer good players; it's understandable that some people would be sensitive about losing red-chip players. In reality I don't think it makes much of a difference until we reload.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hmmm allen and murphy or hargrave and bradberry. Be interesting to see if Monti wants to see if the latter is possible before trying for the former.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm allen and murphy or hargrave and bradberry. Be interesting to see if Monti wants to see if the latter is possible before trying for the former.

You go with the younger guys who didn't reach their best yet
The second case signing expensive free agents 30 and 31 years old is a recipe for disaster
If its monti strategy we are in dire straits

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Love Thielen. One of my favourite non Cards players. Not sure how much he has left in the tank though. Probably more a WR3 now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard