New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

Didn't have the luxury of slotting you guys an OT this time around so unfortunately so your pick took some time to decide on

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate the idea of a second potential top tier CB.

That said this FO is going to go OL. Bet on it.

Martin, DeCastro or Adams in that order they're looking at them. OT has to be the priority for them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If CB is is the BPA, I want it. Drafting for need unless BPA is the same, leads to bad picks.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
If Decastro is gone, I would go trade back or BPA. That Alabama cornerback is definitely talented and good defensive backs are always valuable. I wouldn't hate that pick.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I LOVE Kirkpatrick and would be plenty happy with this pick. He is the absolute perfect fit for everything Horton wants in a CB IMO and would be great for us. He's better in Zone than man, is a leader and is probably the hardest hitting, and surest tackling CB I've seen come out in years. With that said, I'm not sure that the Cards (nor I) would pass up arguable BPA at a position of need in Upshaw or Kuechley... I'd be happy with any of them

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know we should go BPA and I think we will. I'm also hoping that an OL, who are ranked at or near #13, is available. We've ignored the OL for far tooooooooo long. And if we lose Levi, we are almost forced to go OL in the first round.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are unfortunately desperate for an OL and will take one even if it a reach. I think in this mock draft they would take OT Mike Adams from Ohio State.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love me some Dre...... I just cant see the Cards passing on Upshaw to take him based on our overwhelming needs at OLB and OT.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, like it or not, the Cardinals have painted themselves into a corner and pretty muc have to draft a LB or OL with their first pick, regardless of who is available and might be a better player.

Maybe FA will change our position, but until it does, count on OL or LB in rounds 1 and 3.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

Good looking layout.

#1 Colts

I cant shake the feeling that Luck will pull an Eli and refuse to pkay if drafted. If he does, Griffin is their guy.

#2 Rams

Justin Blackmon is not the 2nd best value in this draft. Rams have to swing a trade with Redskins for Griffin. They get Redskins #5 and a 2nd round pick. Take BPA ( not a WR) with the 5 pick and hope for Jeffry or Floyd to drop to 2nd round.

#3 Vikings

Take the top rated BPA OL to protect Ponder. If Kalil grades out, he is their guy. They could be trade partner if Griffin is still on the board.

#4 Browns

QB, QB, QB. McCoy is not a starting NFL QB. Trade up to Rams or just act stupid and take Richardson, a major reach at RB.

#5 Redskins

Have to trade up to grab Griffin. If not then take Coples DE.

#6 Bucs

Here is where Blackmon goes. Bucs suck on both sides of the ball. New Coach in Schiano, but they have no weapons.

#7 Jags

Blair Gabbert has no weapons. Mularkey is an O guy. They grab DeCastro and hope Floyd/Jeffry/ Wright drop to 2nd round.

#8 Dolphins

They will have either Peyton or Flynn under contract. They will take another boring OL. Flip a coin for Martin or Reiff.

etc.

Cards take Luke Keuchly LB Boston College.

Over rated players
1. Blackmon - not so much his ability, but WRs are plenty in this draft.
2. Jonathon Martin - should start falling
3. Coples - lazy with ability
4. Trent Richardson - RBs are a dime a dozen in NFL today
5. Any QB not named Luck or Griffin
6. Courtney Upshaw - good player on a great team

Under valued players and risers

1. Kendall Wright - speed to burn and great route runner with hands
2. Alshon Jeffry - huge man who played without a QB
3. Luke Keuchly - plays a non glamor position at ILB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Good looking layout.

#1 Colts

I cant shake the feeling that Luck will pull an Eli and refuse to pkay if drafted. If he does, Griffin is their guy. This pick is set in stone, it's Luck

#2 Rams

Justin Blackmon is not the 2nd best value in this draft. Rams have to swing a trade with Redskins for Griffin. They get Redskins #5 and a 2nd round pick. Take BPA ( not a WR) with the 5 pick and hope for Jeffry or Floyd to drop to 2nd round. Agreed, but I didn't want to add trades here

#3 Vikings

Take the top rated BPA OL to protect Ponder. If Kalil grades out, he is their guy. They could be trade partner if Griffin is still on the board.

#4 Browns

QB, QB, QB. McCoy is not a starting NFL QB. Trade up to Rams or just act stupid and take Richardson, a major reach at RB. Word is they like Claiborne and Coples here, I don't know if its over Griffin or not though

#5 Redskins

Have to trade up to grab Griffin. If not then take Coples DE.

#6 Bucs

Here is where Blackmon goes. Bucs suck on both sides of the ball. New Coach in Schiano, but they have no weapons.

#7 Jags

Blair Gabbert has no weapons. Mularkey is an O guy. They grab DeCastro and hope Floyd/Jeffry/ Wright drop to 2nd round. Too early for DeCastro, they have much more pressing needs

#8 Dolphins

They will have either Peyton or Flynn under contract. They will take another boring OL. Flip a coin for Martin or Reiff. If I still had Reiff he would be the pick

etc.

Cards take Luke Keuchly LB Boston College.

Over rated players
1. Blackmon - not so much his ability, but WRs are plenty in this draft.
2. Jonathon Martin - should start falling Nooooope, he's my favorite OT in the class
3. Coples - lazy with ability
4. Trent Richardson - RBs are a dime a dozen in NFL today
5. Any QB not named Luck or Griffin
6. Courtney Upshaw - good player on a great team

Under valued players and risers

1. Kendall Wright - speed to burn and great route runner with hands
2. Alshon Jeffry - huge man who played without a QB
3. Luke Keuchly - plays a non glamor position at ILB.

My responses in bold