NE willing to Trade Jimmy Garoppolo

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I do not understand this way of thinking, Garappalo is somewhat of a known quantity and he looks very promising.

Whereas you would have no problem spending our first rounder on an unknown quantity at qb,of which over half miserably fail.

To me if you were willing to spend a first rounder on a QB in this draft, then you are silly to not be willing to spend one on Garappalo.

I would be very much in favor of making this deal if the fourth could be next years.
Absofreakinglutely!!! You would basically be giving up the later round pick!!!

It just blows my mind that many peeps here keep trashing the Cards for not drafting a high round QB with good tools & yet when it comes down to it, they would ignore the opportunity like the plague.

The guy can play!!!

Reactions: PJ1

Buckybird

Reaction score
Matt Cassel part deux. No thanks.
You mean the Matt Cassell who almost had zero college experience?

I think Garrapolo has mucho more experience playing QB at the time Cassell was sent packing from Foxboro. They had Brady & knew Cassell value would never be higher, thus trading him.

Last edited:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Was Jones worth our #2 this year?

100%

hes a proven player coming off a pro bowl season.

Jimmy is not. Thats the difference. If Jimmy had a pro bowl under his belt, then lets talk.

Buckybird

Reaction score
100%

hes a proven player coming off a pro bowl season.

Jimmy is not. Thats the difference. If Jimmy had a pro bowl under his belt, then lets talk.
Would you draft an unproven commodity like Kizer, the Clemson kid or UNC kid in round 1 like many other here have suggested?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd think we should consider it. For those who think they'd part with him for a 2nd, and even throw in a 5th, remember that he's a 2nd-round pick himself. The Pats aren't idiots--they're not going to trade him for what they used to get him, or even less.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Still am but I would not give the Pats our one and four for him... maybe for a second and five and would do it right away for a three and five, I would inquire :)
In reality you would only be giving up a 4 or 5 whichever the later they're asking for.

I'm just befuddled by everyone wanting to draft a QB early & yet not wanting to pull the trigger.

I still say McCarron & Jimmy are going to be damn good QBs unless they end up on a good to talented team.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'd think we should consider it. For those who think they'd part with him for a 2nd, and even throw in a 5th, remember that he's a 2nd-round pick himself. The Pats aren't idiots--they're not going to trade him for what they used to get him, or even less.

They seem not to want him for some reason, which makes one think why to begin the consideration. They get something if the two breaks even, they get a five which is his actual worth to them for wanting to trade a young QB

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
In reality you would only be giving up a 4 or 5 whichever the later they're asking for.

I'm just befuddled by everyone wanting to draft a QB early & yet not wanting to pull the trigger.

I still say McCarron & Jimmy are going to be damn good QBs unless they end up on a good to talented team.

Buck, I would be on the phone right now for sure. This is like anything in a trade, they are starting off with a high bid and you see what he can actually be had for

Buckybird

Reaction score
They seem not to want him for some reason, which makes one think why to begin the consideration. They get something if the two breaks even, they get a five which is his actual worth to them for wanting to trade a young QB
I think the reason they are putting the feelers out on him is because Brady wants to play for awhile (which might be 3-5 more years) & he's coming up on free agency & won't be able to keep him. Much like Jones & Collins...they want to get something instead of nothing. Too bad the Cards were too stupid to trade Floyd when they knew damn well he wasn't going to be back in AZ in '17. That's what makes the Pats & Bellicheat the best team in football. He's the best HC the NFL has EVER seen IMO n

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think the reason they are putting the feelers out on him is because Brady wants to play for awhile (which might be 3-5 more years) & he's coming up on free agency & won't be able to keep him. Much like Jones & Collins...they want to get something instead of nothing. Too bad the Cards were too stupid to trade Floyd when they knew damn well he wasn't going to be back in AZ in '17. That's what makes the Pats & Bellicheat the best team in football. He's the best HC the NFL has EVER seen IMO n

Oh, I hear you... I think if we where the Pats, we would have been shopping Campbell long ago

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The Cardinals need to pay me and Buckybird to handle the negotiations for Jimmy G, a chicken fried steak and a few beers would suffice :)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It's amazing how no one here gets that they have to trade him. Brady has said he wants to play to 45. The pats are not going to pay Brady and have a 16m per year backup. If y'all don't understand why they want to trade him look at the cap they can't keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Answer me this before saying yay or nay:

Name me a QB who looked good in relief, became a hot commodity, got traded, and ended up being a superstar. I can't think of any and the names who come to mind are:

Scott Mitchell
Matt Cassell
Matt Flynn
Jeff Hostedtler

I'm sure there are more but I'm too tired to think right now but I believe my point is made.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Answer me this before saying yay or nay:

Name me a QB who looked good in relief, became a hot commodity, got traded, and ended up being a superstar. I can't think of any and the names who come to mind are:

Scott Mitchell
Matt Cassell
Matt Flynn
Jeff Hostedtler

I'm sure there are more but I'm too tired to think right now but I believe my point is made.

Brett Farve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Patriots are looking to get something for him before he goes FA next year. Plain and simple. The closer he gets to FA the more willing they will be to do a deal for less. They rather end up with a 2nd than nothing. They are shopping him now hoping to find a willing trader who is QB hungry and desperate. The Jets and Cleveland come to mind. Chicago is another.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The Patriots are looking to get something for him before he goes FA next year. Plain and simple. The closer he gets to FA the more willing they will be to do a deal for less. They rather end up with a 2nd than nothing. They are shopping him now hoping to find a willing trader who is QB hungry and desperate. The Jets and Cleveland come to mind. Chicago is another.

If they trade him to the Jets---that would really let everyone know just how content they are to get something for him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Wait 'em out. They let Jones go for a 2nd and he's a proven player at a premium position too.