NBA turnoff from a HUGE SUNS fan...

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know...

Even if the Suns were to somehow win in SA and then win Game 7 in this series...and even go on to win the NBA Championship....

I would still feel that the league (NBA) is ripping me off.

I just get the impression and gut feeling this whole thing is "scripted".

Should the Suns win it all...I will still have my doubts about how this league is really set up for BUSINESS.

P.S. - I've been a HUGE Suns fan for over 20 years. This NBA thing just smells rotten.

Too much "propaganda". Anybody else feel slighted?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel incredibly slighted.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but . . .

You're right. David Stern and Stu Jackson's decision on the suspensions were going to make a statement.

A new NBA, where athleticism is favored or more of the same thugery, which is rewarded in the "second season".

They made their statement. Something like, "Thanks Suns, for energizing the regular season. But it's business as usual during the post-season."

Amare and Boris get suspended for walking onto the court, but Duncan does not?

The Coaches restrain them and there is no fight, but punish them anyway?

In my opinion, the right decision would have been to rule that Amare was getting ready to check in on an offense-defense substitution . . . and to suspend Boris one game.

The Earth would not have stopped. General consensus throughout the basketball world would have respected the ruling.

Instead Stern and Jackson handed the advantage to the Spurs for their cheap shotsss (yes, more than one).

Nash Attack

Reaction score
I totally agree. Watching last nights game wasn't nearly as exciting to me, even when we were winning, as it should have been. Something in the pit of my stomach said, "Who cares" and I don't believe I've ever felt that before.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
I totally agree. Watching last nights game wasn't nearly as exciting to me, even when we were winning, as it should have been. Something in the pit of my stomach said, "Who cares" and I don't believe I've ever felt that before.

I felt the same way and it really bothers me that this guy is causing us to hate the entire sport. It is a massive bummer when some douche like Stern is taking a piss on something we are all very passionate about.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way and it really bothers me that this guy is causing us to hate the entire sport. It is a massive bummer when some douche like Stern is taking a piss on something we are all very passionate about.

I can't believe that they still give one man the final word over all basketball related issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn