My apologies to Rolle

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When he didn't get into camp the first week, I mumbled something about Tate taking his job away from him.

After watching Rolle play tonight, I realize just how stupid that remark was.

I will now spend 10 minutes in self flaggulation as penance.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
When he didn't get into camp the first week, I mumbled something about Tate taking his job away from him.

He did look strong tonight. I hope he plays with the first team next week. That will be a good test for Rolle, and our entire defense.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
40yearfan said:

Soime penance... you probably enjoy it... :D

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I am telling you guys, and i have been saying it since i saw him as a freshman at the U. This guy has that Left CB NFC Pro Bowl spot locked for the next ten years and then he will switch to safety an be the Safety rep for another five years. You might pass this off as hyperbole but I know this player. He is the perfect mix of body, playmaking ability, good attitude and he has played against the best comp in the country both in high school and college. Mark my words...he is the best defensive back to come out of that program in the last ten years...and consider the defensive player of the year in 2005 is part of that group.

And i didnt even see the game....all i read was azcardinals.com game thread and there were like ten "rolle is a stud" comments in a row at one point...If you think i suffer from " cards fever", my cousin is a die hard college football fan (ND alum) and he is also a seahawks fan so we spend a majority of the time hawking our respective teams....He thinks Rolle is the best college defender period in the last 15 years and he absolutly loathes the cardinals....after his sophmore year they just stopped throwing at they guy and i have never seen a corner hit like rolle does....If Pendergast uses him right....we have the defensive rookie of the year on our hands no contest...and im excited...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Haven't you heard, Jurecki has him moving to safety in 2-3 years?:biglaugh: He alledgely isn't fast enough to play cornerback

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Tate would give Rolle a good run for his money. But Rolle surprised me by playing like a veteran despite only being in camp for a few days.

No self-flagellation though - over time, the odds are that it will take time for newbies to learn the system and beat out an energetic and productive veteran.

Antrel proved the exception.

OP
OP
40yearfan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
you'll get hairy palms from that :eek:

I haven't had a problem with them since I realized it was a lot more fun if a girl was also involved. :D

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
I haven't had a problem with them since I realized it was a lot more fun if a girl was also involved. :D

Latex girls with an emergency air release valve do not count 40 :D

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
I am telling you guys, and i have been saying it since i saw him as a freshman at the U. This guy has that Left CB NFC Pro Bowl spot locked for the next ten years and then he will switch to safety an be the Safety rep for another five years. You might pass this off as hyperbole but I know this player. He is the perfect mix of body, playmaking ability, good attitude and he has played against the best comp in the country both in high school and college. Mark my words...he is the best defensive back to come out of that program in the last ten years...and consider the defensive player of the year in 2005 is part of that group.

And i didnt even see the game....all i read was azcardinals.com game thread and there were like ten "rolle is a stud" comments in a row at one point...If you think i suffer from " cards fever", my cousin is a die hard college football fan (ND alum) and he is also a seahawks fan so we spend a majority of the time hawking our respective teams....He thinks Rolle is the best college defender period in the last 15 years and he absolutly loathes the cardinals....after his sophmore year they just stopped throwing at they guy and i have never seen a corner hit like rolle does....If Pendergast uses him right....we have the defensive rookie of the year on our hands no contest...and im excited...

Before the year started and even afterwards he was often placed as the #1 overall in mock drafts, but it is hard to believe he is the best Miami DB in the last 10 years. I only watched a couple of his games but I'm inclined to believe Taylor was slightly better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard