Mull will eat better at work, starting today.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to give up diet soda, I would recommend going to Fry's supermarket and getting some Aquafina Flavor Splash (in the bottled water section). The grape flavor is the best.

No calories and IMO tastes better than soda. I haven't had a soda in forever.

I've still got to go try some of that. I only drink Powerade Zero, water, real juices, and lemonade.

Found out I am going to save about $80 at the Cardinals' games this season. I used to get a souvenir cup soda in the first half for $7 and get a $1 refill in the second half. They offer no non-soda choices when you're purchasing the souvenir cup, so I won't be buying any.

Ridiculous that they don't have a fountain version of Powerade since they all have Coke products.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to give up diet soda, I would recommend going to Fry's supermarket and getting some Aquafina Flavor Splash (in the bottled water section). The grape flavor is the best.

No calories and IMO tastes better than soda. I haven't had a soda in forever.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day 2 is a bit easier so far. Ate a bigger breakfast than usual. Still have some sort of moroccan eggplant stuff I got from the deli for lunch later.

Woo hoo.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of my lunch was spoiled. I asked my coworkers "what does it mean if my food tastes fizzy?" It was some kind of stew. I took a few bites, but I am pretty sure the fizziness mean it was bad.

So I hope I can ride it out and not get full blown food poisoning. Ugh.

I have a couple dates and some blueberries to last me for 4 hours.

Will keep you posted.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit soda in like 2008, just said no more and slammed water a lot. Now I have some juices and etc and maybe one soda every few weeks but water did it for me.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fizzy = BAD, for sure. Gross...I can imagine it since I've been there. Icky.

Hang tough, Mull!

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
remain calm, all is well. Only an hour and a half to go. Plenty of podcasts loaded to keep me going.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't bring enough food today so I had to go buy a salad.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Part of my lunch was spoiled. I asked my coworkers "what does it mean if my food tastes fizzy?" It was some kind of stew. I took a few bites, but I am pretty sure the fizziness mean it was bad.

So I hope I can ride it out and not get full blown food poisoning. Ugh.

I have a couple dates and some blueberries to last me for 4 hours.

Will keep you posted.

Fizzy food wont poison you. It will give you a buzz however.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On the brown rice front, try making farro. Super delicious, fold in fresh tomatoes, parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Farro and herbs with feta, farro with shredded chicken and olives. FARRO.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the brown rice front, try making farro. Super delicious, fold in fresh tomatoes, parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Farro and herbs with feta, farro with shredded chicken and olives. FARRO.

Don't eat chicken. Farro is okay, I guess. I made it all week without using vending machines. Woot.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
The best way to not use vending machines at work is to work for the Federal Government. All of our vending machines are ridiculously over priced and we can't switch the company because the GSA controls the contracts. I'm talking hotel prices. $2 for a soda, $1.75 for chips. Ugh.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not doing a great job of bringing my lunch to work. But I have cut out the afternoon diet soda and vending machine run.

Progress.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best way to not use vending machines at work is to work for the Federal Government. All of our vending machines are ridiculously over priced and we can't switch the company because the GSA controls the contracts. I'm talking hotel prices. $2 for a soda, $1.75 for chips. Ugh.
Probably for the best.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay, for my wife who brought me leftover eggplant parmesan that someone from her work made.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I take it there was no food poisoning.

(Late to the thread. It was a suspenseful page turner.)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All good, thanks.

Good to hear.

I was half afraid to scroll the page and get a description of what resulted from the fizzy food. Holiday weekend. Stay strong and don't eat a lot of junk. It's easier to keep pounds off then to take them off.