MNF almost unbearable

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reid is far more successful than BA and some people here consider BA to be some kind of god. BA in all of the wonderful things he did here won as many playoff games as Vince Tobin.

Yea people call him the best coach in Cardinal history and even that is laughable.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Reid is far more successful than BA and some people here consider BA to be some kind of god. BA in all of the wonderful things he did here won as many playoff games as Vince Tobin.
Which is the same number of playoff wins Reid has the last 9 years. 1 and done 6 times during that span. Guy knows how to choke like no other.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is the same number of playoff wins Reid has the last 9 years. 1 and done 6 times during that span. Guy knows how to choke like no other.

Well and a lot of those times they got beat by a better team, but sure blame the coach...

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Well and a lot of those times they got beat by a better team, but sure blame the coach...
Well, when a team is outcoached I DO blame the coach. Reid goes into a shell and chokes in the playoffs. I think that's pretty clear at this point.

Last year the Chiefs were up 21-3 at the half, at home, and Reid went into his typical shell and they lost by one point, scoring nothing in the 2nd half.

In 2016 they were yet again at home vs. the Steelers who didn't score a single TD and they lost.

2013 the Chiefs are up 31-10 at halftime, Alex Smith put up 400 yards, 4 TD and 0 INT and they still lose.

It goes on and on like that. If you're consistently staked to 10+ point leads in the playoffs and never seal the deal, yes, I put that on bad coaching.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Still doesn’t make him a HOFer not IMO
At some point, it has to become an indictment against the HC. Tons of opportunities and never bringing it all home. It's one thing if you rarely get there and don't win it all on that rare occasion but to get to the playoffs that many times and never win it? Only get there once? i don't think that should be rewarded but as I said, I think he'll get in just like other never coulds like Marv Levy and Bud Grant.

It's a shame that guys like Tom Flores and Jimmy Johnson who both won it all twice are out but guys who never won it but could choke are in.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At some point, it has to become an indictment against the HC. Tons of opportunities and never bringing it all home. It's one thing if you rarely get there and don't win it all on that rare occasion but to get to the playoffs that many times and never win it? Only get there once? i don't think that should be rewarded but as I said, I think he'll get in just like other never coulds like Marv Levy and Bud Grant.

It's a shame that guys like Tom Flores and Jimmy Johnson who both won it all twice are out but guys who never won it but could choke are in.
Tom Flores not being in is a crime.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn't say he wasn't talented but to say that he won it all by himself with throws no other QB could make is at best, hyperbole. Kareem Hunt had almost 200 total yards and the winning TD. How did Mahommes do it all by himself?

Guy had a good game and big win for someone young and in a hostile environment. Why is that not enough? Embellishing and exaggerating what he did isn't going to serve anyone. Not every throw he makes is the greatest throw in the history of the forward pass and not every play he makes unmatched and unattainable by anyone who's ever played the game. Dial it back down to "11" already. Sheesh.

I have always agreed on alot of your posts . But I have to disagree. You do know last night. Mahomes threw for 196 yards outside the pocket. That is the most yards in the last Decade and has only been twice in last 30 years. So he did something that statistically speaking is extremely rare. And he did it on Monday football. Against a top 5 defense. On the road and he is 23 in his 5th game in the NFL!! Say what you want but that is crazy.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Wow. Denver is one of the toughest places in the NFL to play that was his first game playing in that, it's unbelieveably hard to play in Denver, the fans are loud and if you've ever flown to Denver and walked a few blocks uphill it starts to wear on you let along playing football there.

Denver the team is probably not that great overall but their defense is very good. KC's defense is dreadful. I thought it was highly ironic John Elway had to sit through that as the kid out Elway'd Elway in Elway's house.

Hahahaha, good for the Chiefs that was awesome to see.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN thought they were getting Tony Romo 2.0 when they hired Witten. Wonder who they auditioned and turned down when they put this act together. Booger McFarland has a terrible name and a terrible voice. His delivery just screeches. That booth he is set up in looks like something a strip club DJ works in. 'nuff said.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Denver is one of the toughest places in the NFL to play that was his first game playing in that, it's unbelieveably hard to play in Denver, the fans are loud and if you've ever flown to Denver and walked a few blocks uphill it starts to wear on you let along playing football there.

Denver the team is probably not that great overall but their defense is very good. KC's defense is dreadful. I thought it was highly ironic John Elway had to sit through that as the kid out Elway'd Elway in Elway's house.

Hahahaha, good for the Chiefs that was awesome to see.[/B]
That was his 2nd time playing there. He started week 17 of last year & pretty much did the exact same thing.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
That was his 2nd time playing there. He started week 17 of last year & pretty much did the exact same thing.

LOL, that's hilarious.

I when I was reading this and saw your first bolded sentence it dawned on me that his ONE game might have been THERE... lol. That is too funny.

Well I stand corrected that is even more impressive in some ways.

I've watched all his games THIS year, he's the real deal as far as I can tell he learns at a ridiculous rate. I mean the 49ers figured out you can't just let him sit in the pocket so they brought pressure and that's worked the best so far but he is working through the levels, he's leveling up as it were so fast it's scary.

Bringing pressure is still the best thing you can do but once he figures out how to read and react to it and starts making teams pay for blitzing him then he'll pretty much have the entire quiver full and teams are so screwed when that happens.

LOL.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I have always agreed on alot of your posts . But I have to disagree. You do know last night. Mahomes threw for 196 yards outside the pocket. That is the most yards in the last Decade and has only been twice in last 30 years. So he did something that statistically speaking is extremely rare. And he did it on Monday football. Against a top 5 defense. On the road and he is 23 in his 5th game in the NFL!! Say what you want but that is crazy.
No, I didn't know that and I'm surprised anyone else knows it. I've NEVER seen, in all my years of football watching, FFL and stat-crunching an "outside the pocket" split. So, I agree. That's crazy.

Mahommes is off to a great start but this is not the same NFL that other QB's got to start in. It's more slanted toward athletic QB's than it's ever been. KC has a really good offense and a ton of weapons and a defense that forces them to have to keep scoring. On top of that, they're trying to prove that it made sense to get rid of the highest rated QB in the league from 2017. They HAVE to showcase Mahommes and to his credit, he's kept that really good offense performing at a high level.

But who's hands did Reid put the ball in(twice) to win the game?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
ESPN thought they were getting Tony Romo 2.0 when they hired Witten. Wonder who they auditioned and turned down when they put this act together. Booger McFarland has a terrible name and a terrible voice. His delivery just screeches. That booth he is set up in looks like something a strip club DJ works in. 'nuff said.

Yeah, i actually enjoy Tony. Witten is absolutely horrible as i knew he would be. I loved Gruden. Booger is ok but not with this team. I cant believe they chose Witten over Kurt Warner. I think he would have been much better

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Yeah, i actually enjoy Tony. Witten is absolutely horrible as i knew he would be. I loved Gruden. Booger is ok but not with this team. I cant believe they chose Witten over Kurt Warner. I think he would have been much better
I too was disappointed but in retrospect, I think I prefer Warner not having the stink of ESPN. NFLN is bad enough. His radio work on Westwood One has been pretty good though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn