MNF almost unbearable

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
In what is a really good game, the broadcast crew and basic ESPN crapfest is doing it's best to ruin it. Oh, how I miss...well, just about any crew from the ABC days. Entertaining, insightful, commentators and halftime highlights. It's not that hard.

When will ESPN learn that no one cares about their damn anchor people and sideline reporters? It's not about YOU, it's about the game. Serve the game you narcissistic, self-indulged hacks.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
In what is a really good game, the broadcast crew and basic ESPN crapfest is doing it's best to ruin it. Oh, how I miss...well, just about any crew from the ABC days. Entertaining, insightful, commentators and halftime highlights. It's not that hard.

When will ESPN learn that no one cares about their damn anchor people and sideline reporters? It's not about YOU, it's about the game. Serve the game you narcissistic, self-indulged hacks.

I want Molly McGrath and Erin Andrews covering Sunday Night and Monday night football going forward. Jenn Brown and Kaylee Hartung as sideline reporters

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree with you on the overall broadcast, I think the announcers are better than in years past. Couldn't take Gruden, McDonough awful. Tessitore is solid at play by play, Witten is meh, but Booger McFarland is a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm is infectious.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
While I agree with you on the overall broadcast, I think the announcers are better than in years past. Couldn't take Gruden, McDonough awful. Tessitore is solid at play by play, Witten is meh, but Booger McFarland is a breath of fresh air. His enthusiasm is infectious.
Ugh! I can't stand Booger screaming into the mike. What the hell do we have a color guy in the booth for if they're just going to go down to the sideline? Does he know something that Witten doesn't? Witten's as entertaining as beige vinyl.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
There goes the game for the Broncos. Noodle-armed Keenum misses a wide open receiver and KC gets the momentum shift it needs to start rolling.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh! I can't stand Booger screaming into the mike. What the hell do we have a color guy in the booth for if they're just going to go down to the sideline? Does he know something that Witten doesn't? Witten's as entertaining as beige vinyl.

Beige vinyl?? You're in Vince Tobin territory, lol. Just get rid of Witten and I'm good.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Beige vinyl?? You're in Vince Tobin territory, lol. Just get rid of Witten and I'm good.
Not sure I like Booger as he reminds me of Tom Jackson and his lousy commentary but I'd much rather have him in the booth and speaking instead of yelling and just getting rid of Witten. White guy play-by-play and black guy commentary might be a good dynamic and contrast. At least there would be a little different perspective. Witten droning and McFarland screaming just isn't working for me.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I like Booger as he reminds me of Tom Jackson and his lousy commentary but I'd much rather have him in the booth and speaking instead of yelling and just getting rid of Witten. White guy play-by-play and black guy commentary might be a good dynamic and contrast. At least there would be a little different perspective. Witten droning and McFarland screaming just isn't working for me.

Jackson was a stiff, imo, so I agree there. Witten is milquetoast. I guess I was so sick of Gruden that any change was ok by me. All good, my man.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Jackson was a stiff, imo, so I agree there. Witten is milquetoast. I guess I was so sick of Gruden that any change was ok by me. All good, my man.
Didn't love Gruden but at least his schtick was somewhat entertaining. Forced and insincere at many times but actually "color"ful.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes is looking pretty pedestrian tonight

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Hopefully they have figured out his tendencies. He has had a lot of press and attention and will have a target on his back. Fortunately no one is paying attention to Rosen and he can develop with us being considered a guaranteed win every game. I’d be watching the game if Erin Andrews and Molly McGrath were in the booth.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Gah, a run of the mill pass to Kelce over the middle and the announcer SCREAMS "What an incredible throw!". ???

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Mute the game and put on a Slayer album. Problem solved.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk, he’s looked more Superhuman than his usual Superman tonight. Kelce has dropped some crucial passes before that TD.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
God I hate these defensive minded HC's that are scared to win. Vance Joseph just tucked his balls and handed it back to KC. What a wuss.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk, he’s looked more Superhuman than his usual Superman tonight. Kelce has dropped some crucial passes before that TD.

Meh... other then that left handed improvisation I haven’t been impressed tonight. A lot of balls at the feet of WRs

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Andy Reid retires tomorrow, he should be in HOF day after. Great coach and better play caller despite poor clock management. Even better coaching tree on par with Parcells.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Andy Reid retires tomorrow, he should be in HOF day after. Great coach and better play caller despite poor clock management. Even better coaching tree on par with Parcells.

Debatable

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Great regular season coach and shaky at best post season coach. Has choked away too many big games to be a HOF IMO. He'll get in though. It's just a popularity contest and the league and media love him so he's in regardless if he ever wins anything.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great regular season coach and shaky at best post season coach. Has choked away too many big games to be a HOF IMO. He'll get in though. It's just a popularity contest and the league and media love him so he's in regardless if he ever wins anything.

Perfectly said not so sure he gets in though

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson