MNF almost unbearable

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Mahomes is looking pretty pedestrian tonight
What was that? Lol How bout that left handed pass :shock: . The kid is a good! He single handedly won that game for the Chiefs

Don’t EVER count out a Texas kid where the best HS football on the planet is played :mrgreen:

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haha. Arguing over Andy Reid being great or not. I'd take Andy Griffith over Wilks right now.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was that? Lol How bout that left handed pass :shock: . The kid is a good! He single handedly won that game for the Chiefs

Don’t EVER count out a Texas kid where the best HS football on the planet is played :mrgreen:

Oh I’ll give him credit his first 2 games were awesome and so was that drive.... But for 3 3/4 of this game i was just like mehhhh

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Keenum

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Andy Reid retires tomorrow, he should be in HOF day after. Great coach and better play caller despite poor clock management. Even better coaching tree on par with Parcells.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

He's the ultimate regular season coach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need drug testing :lol:

He made 5-6 throws that nobody in this league can make other than Aaron Rodgers.

And some oretty awful ones... you for got Josh Risen ;)

Buckybird

Reaction score
Oh I’ll give him credit his first 2 games were awesome and so was that drive.... But for 3 3/4 of this game i was just like mehhhh
Denver’s D has something to do with that.

Let’s not act like Peyton never had a bad game against the Pats or Brees a bad game against the Falcons. It happens.

But the kid was unreal on the last 2 drives. Unfreaking real

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
In what is a really good game, the broadcast crew and basic ESPN crapfest is doing it's best to ruin it. Oh, how I miss...well, just about any crew from the ABC days. Entertaining, insightful, commentators and halftime highlights. It's not that hard.

When will ESPN learn that no one cares about their damn anchor people and sideline reporters? It's not about YOU, it's about the game. Serve the game you narcissistic, self-indulged hacks.

Totally agree. They've always tried to add an element of humor that I appreciate but they've gone off the rails. At times its almost like they forget they're calling a ball game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver’s D has something to do with that.

Let’s not act like Peyton never had a bad game against the Pats or Brees a bad game against the Falcons. It happens.

But the kid was unreal on the last 2 drives. Unfreaking real

Yo better go put the lotion and the Kleenex away :band:

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Yo better go put the lotion and the Kleenex away :band:
No kidding. Quit buying into the ESPN hype machine. Mahommes won it single-handedly yet Hunt was the one who scored the winning TD on a great red zone run. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Buckybird

Reaction score
No kidding. Quit buying into the ESPN hype machine. Mahommes won it single-handedly yet Hunt was the one who scored the winning TD on a great red zone run. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If you guys can’t see his talent & special skills maybe Keim & Wilks will hire you both once they get fired lol :mrgreen:

He’s needs no hype, his play does the talking!

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
If you guys can’t see his talent & special skills maybe Keim & Wilks will hire you both once they get fired lol :mrgreen:

Didn't say he wasn't talented but to say that he won it all by himself with throws no other QB could make is at best, hyperbole. Kareem Hunt had almost 200 total yards and the winning TD. How did Mahommes do it all by himself?

Guy had a good game and big win for someone young and in a hostile environment. Why is that not enough? Embellishing and exaggerating what he did isn't going to serve anyone. Not every throw he makes is the greatest throw in the history of the forward pass and not every play he makes unmatched and unattainable by anyone who's ever played the game. Dial it back down to "11" already. Sheesh.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never said it wasn’t talented… Are you all cleaned up yet ?? Haha

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Ugh! I can't stand Booger screaming into the mike. What the hell do we have a color guy in the booth for if they're just going to go down to the sideline? Does he know something that Witten doesn't? Witten's as entertaining as beige vinyl.
He was irritating the crap out of me. Witten is horrible. He sounded so whiny.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Didn't say he wasn't talented but to say that he won it all by himself with throws no other QB could make is at best, hyperbole. Kareem Hunt had almost 200 total yards and the winning TD. How did Mahommes do it all by himself?

Guy had a good game and big win for someone young and in a hostile environment. Why is that not enough? Embellishing and exaggerating what he did isn't going to serve anyone. Not every throw he makes is the greatest throw in the history of the forward pass and not every play he makes unmatched and unattainable by anyone who's ever played the game. Dial it back down to "11" already. Sheesh.
He snatched almost a sure loss from the jaws of defeat.

He put the Chiefs on his back the last 2 drives & if you don’t think so I’m not sure you watched that game.

And yes he does make throws off of busted plays that only a couple have ever done.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He snatched almost a sure loss from the jaws of defeat.

He put the Chiefs on his back the last 2 drives & if you don’t think so I’m not sure you watched that game.

And yes he does make throws off of busted plays that only a couple have ever done.
He's not the first guy to ever lead a game winning drive, down by 3 with 4 minutes on the clock. It was a good drive and he did what a QB is supposed to do but it isn't like no one's ever done something like that before.

And this is about they hyperbole of him doing it all on his own and doing things no one else can do. It's too over the top and just not true. Mahommes is playing very well for a first time starter but the hype machine is out of control. Mitch Trubisky just threw for 400 yards and 6 TD's for crying out loud. This is not the same old NFL and these gaudy numbers are not indicators of players being better than all who came before.

Again, how is it that Mahommes single-handedly carried the Chiefs to victory when Hunt had almost 200 all purpose yards and ran in the winning TD?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's the ultimate regular season coach
Reid is far more successful than BA and some people here consider BA to be some kind of god. BA in all of the wonderful things he did here won as many playoff games as Vince Tobin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn