MLB Draft 2017

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not that this means anything but ARZ is going to have to decide what to do about Goldschmidt soon, probably not going to be able to afford Greinke and him, and aces are much harder to find....just saying. Smith is going to be in the majors real soon barring injuries.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A point of trivia that may interest only me...

Pick #13 by Marlins, Trevor Rogers out of Carlsbad NM, his high school coach is my nephew, Cody May.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A point of trivia that may interest only me...

Pick #13 by Marlins, Trevor Rogers out of Carlsbad NM, his high school coach is my nephew, Cody May.
I have been to Carlsbad Caverns in my teenage years. I don't remember much about the place. Always cool to hear about a New Mexican native being drafted in any sport.:)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another point of trivia is that we never call my nephew by his first name only.. Cody.... We call him Cody May!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I liked our first pick but the other two were pretty big stretches. The MLB draft is kind of wonkey to predict though. It seems like a 9th round pick succeeds as much as a 2nd or 3rd. I am guessing we go pitcher heavy today.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks @Dbacks

With the 82nd selection of the 2017 #MLBDraft, the #Dbacks select pitcher Matt Tabor.

MLB Draft: Why Milton Academy's Matt Tabor might be first-rounder

th the difficult decision of pursuing a pro career or a college degree.

Tabor began his high school baseb

When Matt Tabor goes out to lunch with his mom it is one of the few moments he has where the subject of baseball is avoided. Tabor welcomes his mom’s inquiries into topics like his high school life because everyone else is constantly talking to him about what he will do after June 12, the first day of the MLB draft.

Armed with a fastball that has reached 96 mph, Tabor is one of the top prospects from the northeast in this year’s MLB draft. The righty is projected to go anywhere from the second to the fifth round. However, Tabor also has the option to attend Elon University and earn a degree before re-entering the draft as a college junior,

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...abor_waits_for_name_to_be_called_in_mlb_draft

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
MILLVILLE, N.J. -- Kids often try to model themselves after their favorite players, imitating their swings or batting stances. Rarely do they have the opportunity to get to meet them, let alone become close friends.

Buddy Kennedy is one of those exceptions.

The Millville High School senior third baseman may have played all of his home games at Mike Trout Field, named for his school's most famous alumnus, but for Kennedy, Trout has become much more than a boyhood idol. He's a friend.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/235031966/trout-protege-buddy-kennedy-eager-for-draft/

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Not that this means anything but ARZ is going to have to decide what to do about Goldschmidt soon, probably not going to be able to afford Greinke and him, and aces are much harder to find....just saying. Smith is going to be in the majors real soon barring injuries.
I'll take the every day player. Goldschmidt gave them a very fair deal last time. Pay the man! You can sign another #2 SP at least. Ray, Corbin and that signing would be a decent staff. Or jettison Pollock and keep both.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison