Mike Price

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude loses his job without having lost a game...oh but he didn;t win one either.

I haven't followed every detail of the case. What exactly did he do wrong? Was it because he was simply at a strip club dropping some coin or was he dropping Alabama coin? Don't get it. Seems like all he was doing is watching the ladies.

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Funny portrayal but not quite

Price wasn't on a school activity and he didn't break any laws.

It's a good thing some of the rest of us are not under this sort of job evaluation system, heh.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by FORKTUNG
Funny portrayal but not quite

Price wasn't on a school activity and he didn't break any laws.

It's a good thing some of the rest of us are not under this sort of job evaluation system, heh.

That's where I am confused. Near as I can tell, he didn't really dom anything wrong...other than Alabama wanting him to be squeaky clean.

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess you have to look at the difference between legally wrong and morally wrong. Yes he didn't do anything legally wrong but he did do something morally wrong. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Bama let him go for it. The guy used horrible judgment and now he’s suffering the consequences. Personally, I think he’s a moron to allow himself to get into this mess. I know if I had a public, high profile job like that I would be keeping my nose squeaky clean. Same goes for Eustachy.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cland
I guess you have to look at the difference between legally wrong and morally wrong. Yes he didn't do anything legally wrong but he did do something morally wrong. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Bama let him go for it. The guy used horrible judgment and now he’s suffering the consequences. Personally, I think he’s a moron to allow himself to get into this mess. I know if I had a public, high profile job like that I would be keeping my nose squeaky clean. Same goes for Eustachy.

One thing in yesterday's paper was Alabama DID warn him about behavior in public so I guess he got his chance and blew it. I don't know about the room service bill but I still fail to see how the strip club issue hurts him. As long as he was tipping with his own bankroll, it shouldn't matter.

I also wonder how murderers are given a second chance and he isn't. As far as I know, this is the first issue like this with him.

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34

I also wonder how murderers are given a second chance and he isn't. As far as I know, this is the first issue like this with him.

I agree, everyone should get a second chance and he will too, just not at Bama.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cland
I agree, everyone should get a second chance and he will too, just not at Bama.

Too bad. I mean Bama is so squeaky clean, I can understand why they fired him (dripping with sarcasm). Unless the room service bill is a serious issue, then I still fail to see what the real problem is here...but it doesn't matter what I think. He has been canned.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
According to accounts I've read, Price had a history of being drunk in public and propositioning women, even co-eds, in public. He would also go out drinking in college bars and was supposedly doing two hookers/dancers the night he was at the strip club in Pensacola. That doesn't set a good example for the young men he is supposed to lead, not to mention that he is married and 'Bama is in the heart of the Bible Belt. The university pretty much had no choice, but to fire him.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
So if you know this, how in the heck did Alabama not know this before they hired him?

Good question. I guess because he had won so many games that the WSU administration just looked the other way as long as no laws were broken. There also is not a lot of national media around Pullman if you know what I mean?