Mike Freeman says Superbowl 43s ratings WILL be DREADFUL!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think some of the caring, is an extension of the media's calling out of the cards. I think some cardinal fans are sensitive that they'll name the cards as the reason the ratings are low, and somehow that reflects badly on Cardinal fans. It's just another way to hate on us. Note how many times have you seen an espn/nfl network guy going, 'where are the cardinal fans'. Even though about half the time they say that, there is a cardinal fan in the shot just the host or pundit is blind.

Also might help not to ask at weird times, and weird locations. "It's 3am near the back of a bowling alley, the monday before the superbowl, hi I'm trey wingo, where are the Cardinal fans?" -Gee I wonder lol

But yeah, who cares, it's the game that'll matter to us, not how many people watch us.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And the D-Backs/Yankees world series had one of the lowest ratings of all world series, yet is arguably one of the most exciting in the history of the game.

You snooze you lose!

Have you ever seen the HBO documentary "Nine Innings from Ground Zero" Its a great sports documentary. Even if you despise the Yankees, its worth watching.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who cares what Mike Freeman wants to see?

NFL games are decided on the field, not in popularity contests.

I don't care how bad the ratings are I've been waiting since 1975 to see this game.

:thumbup:

Popularity contests are what gives us the stupid BCS in college football.

I also expect ratings to be better than expected as people stay home to watch because it is cheaper than going out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
blah blah I could care less about the ratings but I can say I've never looked forward to a Super Bowl more in my life. If the rest of country doesn't care its not going to make my trip any less enjoyable.

steeler tim

Reaction score
This guy needs to do some research. They said the same thing before SB XL with Pittsburgh taking on Seattle. That game tied the record set 10 years earlier when the Steelers played the Cowboys in SB XXX. The Steelers being in the game guarantees high ratings and it will be even higher because you've got a loveable underdog going against them. Many people will watch hoping the underdog Cardinals can pull the upset.

Hughc

Rookie
Reaction score
So I wonder if Freeman will post another article admitting he was wrong? Not only was this a very exciting game, I just heard it was watched by 95 million people - and it was the 2nd highest rated game in the history of the Super Bowl.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I never thought the ratings would be that bad but it boy did he turn out to be wrong.

NBC made a chunk of coin on it, sold out the advertisements for 206 million dollars not a bad day at the office.

The commercials were largely lame, they need to work harder on this.

Hughc

Rookie
Reaction score
It's funny how news gets reported - even when it's not politics, but sports news.

One place they talk about yesterday's game being the second highest rated Super Bowl ever.

Then another place only mentions how ratings were down from last year on their sports segment.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's funny how news gets reported - even when it's not politics, but sports news.

One place they talk about yesterday's game being the second highest rated Super Bowl ever.

Then another place only mentions how ratings were down from last year on their sports segment.

Typical to not provide any context as to why that might be.

I remember last year, the amount of curious will they win it all and go 19 and 0 people was off the charts.

People that never watched football tuned in on that ultimate bandwagon fest.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Typical to not provide any context as to why that might be.

I remember last year, the amount of curious will they win it all and go 19 and 0 people was off the charts.

People that never watched football tuned in on that ultimate bandwagon fest.

I don't know how it was in KC but here in Austin yesterday you couldn't even find a shopping cart at the local grocery all afternoon. A convenience store had a line out the door for 3 hours. I drove down to the store between the 3rd and 4th quarter and it was like Christmas - nobody around. You could hardly drive through the neighborhoods so many cars were parked on the streets. Lots of parties that's for sure.

BCEagle

Registered
Reaction score
So I wonder if Freeman will post another article admitting he was wrong? Not only was this a very exciting game, I just heard it was watched by 95 million people - and it was the 2nd highest rated game in the history of the Super Bowl.

Not quite. It was the second most-watched game, but it wasn't even the second highest rated game in the last four years.

LAST FOUR SUPER BOWL OVERNIGHT RATINGS:
Super Bowl XLIII 42.1/65
Super Bowl XLII 44.7/66
Super Bowl XLI 42.1/62
Super Bowl XL 42.2/62

That doesn't take away from the fact that it was a great game, though.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
65> 62....

Stupid Eagle Fans can't even do math.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Super Bowl XLIII Is The Most Watched Television Program Ever

TAMPA – Feb. 3, 2009 – Super Bowl XLIII is now the most viewed television program in U.S. history with a total audience of 151.6 million viewers, according to official national ratings data released today by Nielsen Media Research.

"It's always incredibly satisfying to amass large audiences, but this television record simply reaffirms the power of the Super Bowl and the National Football League," said Dick Ebersol, Chairman, NBC Universal Sports & Olympics. "Everyone associated with the NFL should feel a great sense of pride in this accomplishment and in providing a day of enjoyment to American families – especially those who are struggling in these difficult times."

MOST VIEWED TELEVISION PROGRAMS IN HISTORY (total viewers):
1. Super Bowl XLIII 151.6 million NBC 2009
2. Super Bowl XLII 148.3 million Fox 2008
3. Super Bowl XXVIII 144.4 million CBS 2004

The total audience of 151.6 million viewers tops the previous Super Bowl record audience of 148.3 million viewers by 3.3 million viewers (Super Bowl XLII, Giants-Patriots, Note: total audience measures viewership for all or part of a broadcast).

MOST-WATCHED SUPER BOWLS (average viewers):
1. Super Bowl XLIII 98.7 million NBC 2009
2. Super Bowl XLII 97.5 million Fox 2008
3. Super Bowl XXX 94.1 million NBC 1996
4. Super Bowl XLI 93.2 million CBS 2007
5. Super Bowl XXVII 91.0 million NBC 1993

Owned.