Medicinal Marijuana questions

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One of the biggest benefits to the smoking or edible game is how the tolerance doesn't really change. You will never have an ounce a day problem, if you find the right chef you won't be eating more than 2 or 3 treats a day. Sometimes you just nibble on one all day, I just like the plant matter to be organic or professionally flushed.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sure he can offer some insights but I'm also looking for information from people that have used it occasionally, or perhaps, primarily for pain, if there are any here. I'm not sure the "stoner" crowd will have the same experiences as someone who's using if for pain relief. Although that does bring up another question. For the chronic users, does it lose much effectiveness over time?

Steve
I grow for a dispensary here in the valley (indoor), no joke. We are researching strains all the time. I used to manage a hydroponics store. I started out up in Northern Cali like all the hippies did with the out door, I've been blessed. :) Anybody that knows me knows me.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dismissing someone because of a preconceived notion is silly and your loss.

I must have worded my response poorly. I'm not dismissing anyone and certainly not DDawg. Some of the questions could best be answered by Desertdawg and the others who have a lot of experience with it. But I'm also looking for input from people that have used it for non-recreational purposes.

Steve

From the looks of things I should have read whole the thread before stitching on my patch. :D Good looking out O!!! :D

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grow for a dispensary here in the valley (indoor), no joke. We are researching strains all the time. I used to manage a hydroponics store. I started out up in Northern Cali like all the hippies did with the out door, I've been blessed. :) Anybody that knows me knows me.

I know you do and I was looking forward to your input despite the earlier misunderstanding. Now that this has moved past my friend's problem and more to my needs, I'm interested in the cost too. What's the pricing like? Is it pretty standard from shop to shop, state to state? I also would be limited to ingestion for the most part although I could probably handle vaporizing without too much health risk.

You mentioned "organically or professionally flushed" in another post, what's that mean? How straight do the shops play it? Do I have to worry about getting screwed in quality? Is there a watchdog site that follows this industry, young as it is?

I haven't followed the legalization process at all so I'm very ignorant on how this is done. Once you establish a relationship does the law allow mailing or delivery or is it pickup only. I guess that might also vary by state. Also, when you get a prescription is it a yes or no kind of thing or does it work like it would for morphine (X amount per specified period)?

You also talked about the various "chefs". Are they identified in any way. IOW, is it possible to do research and learn who puts out the more consistent product or is just hit and miss?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions as I think about this. Thanks for the help.

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pricing will pretty much be the same what ever state your in, competition competes against it's self, benefits the patients.

Vaporizing is hard core for me as I have asthma, so I prefer to smoke the buds them selves, easier on my chest and I know exactly what I'm smoking.

Just like veggies organic is better because there are less foreign entities (all though I love me some tities). Most MMJ is not organic, them nugs are hard to find and are mostly out door where the soil is old and the compost and worm poop is fresh. But grown indoor, the plant can be flushed properly. This basically means your running R O water through the root base for an extended amount of time before harvesting/cutting the plant. The only watch dog I have for that is to smoke it and personally judge the content remaining. The ash will tell you everything, as far as the carbon footprint goes. If you "smoke a bowl" you should be left with white ashes and not a bunch of nasty residue.

Phx tap water usually tests out at over 600 PPMs (Parts per million), that's why I don't even give it to my dog. R O water should be under 50 PPMs, the place that I work at gets the PPMs down to around 100, which is awesome.

Chefs are like resturaunts, find a good one or a good club and stick to it. Consistancy is everything when it comes to edibles.

If you are granted a medical card, it lasts a year and you renew each year. There are different types of cards in Az.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pricing will pretty much be the same what ever state your in, competition competes against it's self, benefits the patients.

Vaporizing is hard core for me as I have asthma, so I prefer to smoke the buds them selves, easier on my chest and I know exactly what I'm smoking.

Just like veggies organic is better because there are less foreign entities (all though I love me some tities). Most MMJ is not organic, them nugs are hard to find and are mostly out door where the soil is old and the compost and worm poop is fresh. But grown indoor, the plant can be flushed properly. This basically means your running R O water through the root base for an extended amount of time before harvesting/cutting the plant. The only watch dog I have for that is to smoke it and personally judge the content remaining. The ash will tell you everything, as far as the carbon footprint goes. If you "smoke a bowl" you should be left with white ashes and not a bunch of nasty residue.

Phx tap water usually tests out at over 600 PPMs (Parts per million), that's why I don't even give it to my dog. R O water should be under 50 PPMs, the place that I work at gets the PPMs down to around 100, which is awesome.

Chefs are like resturaunts, find a good one or a good club and stick to it. Consistancy is everything when it comes to edibles.

If you are granted a medical card, it lasts a year and you renew each year. There are different types of cards in Az.

I guess I'll have to see what all that entails in California. I'm not worried about qualifying, my pain episodes are fairly well documented and go back almost 4 decades. I've been on Morphine and Percocet for it since the early 80's although I'm not looking forward to dealing with a new doctor. I've seen probably 30 various Doctors that deal with one approach or another to chronic pain management over the years but I've had the same primary physician for 20 years and I don't think she can refer me to someone outside the VA system. Guess I'll find out. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Steve

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
My wife is a quadriplegic and in the last couple of years, an amputee as well. After she lost her foot, she went the medical marijuana route (ironic, as she voted against it). First time she tried it was the first time since her surgery that her leg didnt hurt.

Since she has restrictive lung disease as well, she was concerned about smoking and switched to vaporizing. She loves it.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife is a quadriplegic and in the last couple of years, an amputee as well. After she lost her foot, she went the medical marijuana route (ironic, as she voted against it). First time she tried it was the first time since her surgery that her leg didnt hurt.

Since she has restrictive lung disease as well, she was concerned about smoking and switched to vaporizing. She loves it.

Yeah, I've tried most of the different pain medications and while they worked to some extent, none have worked as well as marijuana did. In hindsight, I wish I had continued to use pot to treat my episodes but it just wasn't feasible given my work situation at the time. I was in a middle management position and it clearly affected my mood and behavior. I probably would have adjusted to it if I had continued using but I was also concerned about the legal risks so I turned to Morphine and Percocet instead.

People often confuse residual limb pain (traumatic neuroma pain) with phantom limb pain but they are different animals and residual limb pain typically stays with you for life. Not all amputees have it to the same degree but we all have it occasionally. Back in the 70's, my pain attacks only occurred if I was running a fever or ill in any way but sometime in the mid 80's I started developing additional neuromas and eventually reached the point where it pretty much defined my existence. I hope your wife continues to do well treating her pain, being a quad and an amputee is tough enough without having to survive unnecessary pain.

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

PM sent.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you do and I was looking forward to your input despite the earlier misunderstanding. Now that this has moved past my friend's problem and more to my needs, I'm interested in the cost too. What's the pricing like? Is it pretty standard from shop to shop, state to state? I also would be limited to ingestion for the most part although I could probably handle vaporizing without too much health risk.

You mentioned "organically or professionally flushed" in another post, what's that mean? How straight do the shops play it? Do I have to worry about getting screwed in quality? Is there a watchdog site that follows this industry, young as it is?

I haven't followed the legalization process at all so I'm very ignorant on how this is done. Once you establish a relationship does the law allow mailing or delivery or is it pickup only. I guess that might also vary by state. Also, when you get a prescription is it a yes or no kind of thing or does it work like it would for morphine (X amount per specified period)?

You also talked about the various "chefs". Are they identified in any way. IOW, is it possible to do research and learn who puts out the more consistent product or is just hit and miss?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions as I think about this. Thanks for the help.

Steve

ive been using a delivery service but I feel their edibles are hit or miss.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to see what all that entails in California. I'm not worried about qualifying, my pain episodes are fairly well documented and go back almost 4 decades. I've been on Morphine and Percocet for it since the early 80's although I'm not looking forward to dealing with a new doctor. I've seen probably 30 various Doctors that deal with one approach or another to chronic pain management over the years but I've had the same primary physician for 20 years and I don't think she can refer me to someone outside the VA system. Guess I'll find out. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Steve

You can get a card if your toe hurts in CA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard