Alabama DB Mitchell faces marijuana charge

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
ESPN top 100 4 star recruit. Gets a free ride to a great institution under a great coach and can't seem to realize the wonderful opportunity that has fallen in his lap. Sad, how the kid has probably ruined what could have been good future. I feel sorry for his mom, and dad if he has one. I am sure they are heartbroken that their kid got caught playing gangster delivery drugs with gun in the car. What does it take to get through to these kids who have what most brighter kids would've given anything to have the chance for.

Maybe on the first day at college they should hold up a winning million dollar lottery ticket and show them how easy it is for them to tear it up and throw away their future and a million dollars. They gotta do something that these kids can relate to or be shocked into reality with. Or is it just impossible and they probably did all that can be done?

Or is society behind the times and we should just throw away the pot laws and not consider anything related to that as something wrong or illegal. Maybe it is just so much a part of all athletes lives now that we need to acknowledge that and totally decriminalize it?

Society and government has been fighting this pot thing for 70 years and have done nothing it seems except jail and ruin a lot of people's lives trying to regulate it with laws and prison sentences. Total waste of money, energy, and police man power. I was refused entry to the L.A. Police Academy when I was 21 because I wouldn't write down all the names of people I knew who smoked pot. Just total ignorant approach to a perceive problem that went from bad to worse, highlighted by Ron and Nancy Reagan's naive War on Drugs.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why my man its just 420 the godly herb! No 1 should be charged for it :)

Banna kush hit to charges being dropped

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
ESPN top 100 4 star recruit. Gets a free ride to a great institution under a great coach and can't seem to realize the wonderful opportunity that has fallen in his lap. Sad, how the kid has probably ruined what could have been good future. I feel sorry for his mom, and dad if he has one. I am sure they are heartbroken that their kid got caught playing gangster delivery drugs with gun in the car. What does it take to get through to these kids who have what most brighter kids would've given anything to have the chance for.
I know you're old and all but **** that **** man you need to do better and I'm talking pre cancel culture honestly my man wtf

Last edited:
OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I know you're old and all but **** that **** man you need to do better and I'm talking pre cancel culture honestly my man wtf
Sincerely, I really do not know what you mean or what you are getting at. Maybe if you talk to me in old man speak I will have a clue.

What did I say that was 'out of touch' or whatever? I really don't know. Did it have something to do with me suggesting that his parents would be disappointed in him?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Sincerely, I really do not know what you mean or what you are getting at. Maybe if you talk to me in old man speak I will have a clue.

What did I say that was 'out of touch' or whatever? I really don't know. Did it have something to do with me suggesting that his parents would be disappointed in him?
Suggesting he may not have a dad, for starters. The desire to even fathom how he was raised (fatherless?) without doing any research. The stereo typing has to go mistro. I'm not in your HR world, and I wish we weren't having this convo but you posting it without having any personal relationship to the player or the team he's associated with is also wtf.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Suggesting he may not have a dad, for starters. The desire to even fathom how he was raised (fatherless?) without doing any research. The stereo typing has to go mistro. I'm not in your HR world, and I wish we weren't having this convo but you posting it without having any personal relationship to the player or the team he's associated with is also wtf.
WTF to you....... I didn't want to assume anything. I grew up without a dad, so why would I not suggest that that is a possibility for anyone. Some people seem to read things into what others write so that they can accuse people. So many today seem to be always looking to judge people's political correctness. Is that you?

Did you even read my whole post? I defended both sides of an argument regarding the pot thing. And the main concern I had for the players ignorant decision making was regarding hanging with someone who wants to bring an illegal gun to what appears obvious to be some deal involving a drug. You gotta be an idiot to put yourself in that situation, when you have been graced with the physical abilities to earn a scholarship and have the opportunity to make something positive and rewarding out of your life.

I had to put myself thru college and it was dang hard coming from a family that lived in a 1 room apt, ate crackers for dinner some nights, never had butter, just powdered milk, and occasionally a can of spaghetti was a real treat. Mom was hard working, but uneducated, always exhausted, and not one to impart any social or intellectual direction in life.

And you want to criticize me for suggesting the kid might have come from a tough family situation like I did. And you want to imply I am a racist or something for doing that? Well how's this: I suggest we let it slide and both say that we just mis-interpreted where each was coming from. Fair enough?

Now, not to bore others, so Please just skip this next little story if you are tired of this discussion. But it is important to me, and touches me deeply when I think of it and my dear mother.

Mom knew little, growing up in a tiny OKla town and marrying a mean rough Texas man when she was so young. He left her high and dry as soon as I was born, not long after my brother had been born. I was born and raised till my teens in Texas surrounded by bigoted white Texan uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. My mom was the only one of them that didn't fit into that mean racist world.

To help make sure I didn't grow up to be like the rest of her family, one Sunday she put us on a bus and we went to the opposite side of Dallas, the all black part of Dallas. She took me to a movie theater in that part of town to see a Sidney Poitier movie. He was her favorite actor. We were the only white people there of course. Me about 10 and her this 100 lb 5' tall shy timid little woman.

I can't even express to you what that meant to me, but also what it would have meant to her if her brutish racist family would have known what she did. This being the 50s and all. The nerve and bravery of this timid little woman to teach her son in that way to respect all people and that we were all created equal. I still to this day remember so clearly not just being the only whites there, but how dressed up and nice looking all the black families were, suits, ties, dresses, hats. Remember back then in Texas blacks weren't allowed in white theaters, except in some special section with a separate entrance. Blacks couldn't go to white schools so I was never around black children. But my mom wanted me to know that racism was wrong and that we should love everyone.

Sorry to bore you all with my personal story, but that memory is just so strong in my mind when someone ever suggests that my intentions could ever be from a place born of prejudice and ill will towards others. I would never want to disrespect my mom's memory in that way.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Or is society behind the times and we should just throw away the pot laws and not consider anything related to that as something wrong or illegal. Maybe it is just so much a part of all athletes lives now that we need to acknowledge that and totally decriminalize it?

Society and government has been fighting this pot thing for 70 years and have done nothing it seems except jail and ruin a lot of people's lives trying to regulate it with laws and prison sentences. Total waste of money, energy, and police man power. I was refused entry to the L.A. Police Academy when I was 21 because I wouldn't write down all the names of people I knew who smoked pot. Just total ignorant approach to a perceive problem that went from bad to worse, highlighted by Ron and Nancy Reagan's naive War on Drugs.

This. The pot laws all need to go. They're there just to protect tobacco and alcohol. Both of which have a much grater personal and societal harm than weed. And it's not even close between them. I'd much rather see anyone with pot over a beer. Although with athletes, and really most people, I'd rather see them with edibles over smoking for lung health.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose