MCU: Marvel (Disney) News Going Forward (2023)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that’s not the “Desperation” Stone? Because that’s what bringing Thanos back wreaks of for me.
Well you can't put that on the filmmakers because that was in the comics long before these movies were made. Plus, Kang has been a bust IMO. Started off OK but he just doesn't feel like a big bad and now they have to replace the actor or move on from the character. They have so far followed the comics for the most part.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you can't put that on the filmmakers because that was in the comics long before these movies were made. Plus, Kang has been a bust IMO. Started off OK but he just doesn't feel like a big bad and now they have to replace the actor or move on from the character. They have so far followed the comics for the most part.
Oh, I can absolutely put it on the filmmakers when you still haven’t gotten to Galactus or Dr. Doom as major big bads. It’s lazy and desperate to go back to the well, IMO. Have the comics gone back to Thanos before? Sure but that doesn’t mean that has to be set in stone (no pun intended) for the next move in the MCU.

It’s not like they haven’t veered far from the comics as well. Just because something has happened in the comics doesn’t mean they are forced to follow. I mean, they’re proving that if they dump Kang mid-arc at the moment.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I absolutely put it on the filmmakers when you still haven’t gotten to Galactus or Dr. Doom as major big bads. It’s lazy and desperate to go back to the well.

It’s not like they haven’t veered far from the comics as well. Just because something has happened in the comics doesn’t mean they are forced to follow. I mean, they’re proving that if they dump Kang mid-arc at the moment so there’s nothing that sets Thanos’ comeback in stone (pun not intended) in the MCU.
I don't think they have veered far from the comics at all. They are pretty much following the blue print but changing a few details here and there. That's why I wouldn't be shocked if they went there. Sure, they have a choice but Galactus? Meh. It would come off like Dormammu. Dr. Doom has never really been a big bad that spans the universe like Thanos did and is tied more to the Fantastic Four.

I get your sentiment though. There are still some bad guys to explore in the verse for sure.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly out already; that would pull me the rest of the way out.
It seems pretty lazy. Kang doesn't seem to be working well from the comics to the screen, so let's just go back to the last big bad guy that worked rather than doing another villain, team of villains, or something new even. SMH.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
If that’s what happens they should call it the “Desperation” Stone because that’s what bringing Thanos back wreaks of for me.
MCU feels like it's getting desperate all around thanks to how it's mostly bombed since Endgame. If they hadn't botched phase 4 we wouldn't be hearing about this, Paul Bettany, or the rumors about RDJ and Evens being brought back.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Personally I have been waiting for Doctor Doom since they started these movies. I keep thinking, what is taking so long?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did him terribly in all of the FOX Fantastic 4 movies.
I remember as a kid watching those old Spiderman cartoons. I believe he did crossover into that. Also, Spiderman and his Amazing friends as well?! Man....it's been decades.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Started watching The Marvels on the treadmill today only because it's free now and I want tie in info for when Ms. Marvel Season 2 comes out. So far, so not good. I don't think this is too spoiler-y, but I'll be careful:

If I had a penny for every time they shout "It's the annihilator!" I'd be a billionaire. So bad.

Really, really bad "how we got here" trope at the beginning.

Poor villain, but that's normal with Marvel.

Carol wipes these dudes out dozens at a time...until two get into Kamala's house and then they're supermen. It reminds me of the awful Superman trope where he stands there nonchalantly with his chest out while the gangster shoots at him, but when the gangster is out of bullets and throws his gun he cringes away and pulls his cape up for protection. "I'm sorry, what? Oh, you're a bad writer and just wanted a big fight scene without earning it? Gotcha."

And that's only the first maybe half an hour.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Started watching The Marvels on the treadmill today only because it's free now and I want tie in info for when Ms. Marvel Season 2 comes out. So far, so not good. I don't think this is too spoiler-y, but I'll be careful:

If I had a penny for every time they shout "It's the annihilator!" I'd be a billionaire. So bad.

Really, really bad "how we got here" trope at the beginning.

Poor villain, but that's normal with Marvel.

Carol wipes these dudes out dozens at a time...until two get into Kamala's house and then they're supermen. It reminds me of the awful Superman trope where he stands there nonchalantly with his chest out while the gangster shoots at him, but when the gangster is out of bullets and throws his gun he cringes away and pulls his cape up for protection. "I'm sorry, what? Oh, you're a bad writer and just wanted a big fight scene without earning it? Gotcha."

And that's only the first maybe half an hour.
Back in the fifties TV version it was because they used real guns as the props. You don't want to get hit with a thrown gun!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh, I can absolutely put it on the filmmakers when you still haven’t gotten to Galactus or Dr. Doom as major big bads. It’s lazy and desperate to go back to the well, IMO. Have the comics gone back to Thanos before? Sure but that doesn’t mean that has to be set in stone (no pun intended) for the next move in the MCU.

It’s not like they haven’t veered far from the comics as well. Just because something has happened in the comics doesn’t mean they are forced to follow. I mean, they’re proving that if they dump Kang mid-arc at the moment.
Galactus and doom are fantastic 4 baddies.