May the Better Team Lose

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My Thoughts

Their defense is down 2 DB's and a pass-rusher.

That being said, their pass rush is still going to be fierce.

That field may be a great equalizer. Hopefully that sod will have had time to take, but it is supposed to be rainy there on Thursday and Friday. At least the Cards know it is a possibility going in and can prepare for it.

Who covers Ginn? I think Olsen is a bigger threat for catchings passes, so does PP21 go inside on him? I don't know because can Bethel match Ginn's speed?

They will want to establish the rushing game to keep our offense off the field. Calais and company better bring their best effort yet.

It'd be nice to establish the run early to loosen things up, but I don't know if we need lots of yards from it if our OL can hold up on pass plays. Just need to keep them honest.

The Panthers are a team that gets out to early leads and then takes their foot off the gas. If the Cards can jump out to an early lead instead, we don't know how Carolina will react. Will they come down with another case of "tight butt"?

I think these teams are equals. But I also think our strengths match up against their weaknesses and visa-versa. The weaker unit that holds will win the game for their team.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Soft turf always favors the wr as they know where they're going and don't typically have to worry about recovering from a missed cut. It does make it harder to run any plays that aren't N/S. This would give the running game edge to the Panthers.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Consider this:

The Cardinals will travel to Carolina for a rematch in 2016.

If the Panthers win, and go on to hoist the Lombari Trophy, don't you think NBC would, lobby hard to have a rematch of the NFC Championship game to kick off the season?