Leinart Has Broken Collerbone

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like what have seen out of Matt this season. Despite that, I didn't want to see him go out for the next 2 months. Even though I think Warner has been playing better then Matt is scares me that we have to rely on him staying healthy as our starter for that long. I think the Cards need to bring in another QB.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6-8 weeks

the only place I've seen six to eight weeks was a fan here saying that a colarbone is at least a 6-8 week injury. I'll wait until the cards report it as I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting information from fan sites.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only place I've seen six to eight weeks was a fan here saying that a colarbone is at least a 6-8 week injury. I'll wait until the cards report it as I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting information from fan sites.

Well Whiz in the press conference says "significant" time. So no matter what, it's obvious that it won't be a few short weeks.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Atleast we have a bye coming up..so we can ignore 1 of those weeks..Kurt will have to stay healthy because there is zero depth at QB

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score

It all depend on how badly it's broken, but if you think it will be faster than 6-8 weeks, that's wishful thinking.

This is the same injury that took Adrian Peterson out for the year in college last year. Steven Reinprecht of the Coyotes broke his collarbone in October and returned in January. My son broke his in hockey in November and returned in March.

It's a failry common injury and normally corrected by only wearing a sling to keep the arm in a stable position to heal. The bone heals itself without surgery.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I'll bet Leinart it probably out for 10-12 weeks is it's a total break, which would pretty much be the season. It all depends on how much they want to risk it.

How long does it take to recover from a collarbone fracture?
Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed, especially with younger patients.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Don't know why we are so concerned about losing Matt for a few weeks as it was Warner stepping up to the plate that won the games for us so far. Matt needs to hold the clipboard for awhile and study game film so that he can identify the defenses before him on the field. He's just not ready to start, IMO, but I don't want to see him hurt either. I'm no longer sure that his shoulder can stand up to the heavy hits that a QB takes in this game. I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling with him as our future starting QB as the team leader of the Cards. Time will tell, however, and I'm not read to totally give up on him.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Don't know why we are so concerned about losing Matt for a few weeks as it was Warner stepping up to the plate that won the games for us so far. Matt needs to hold the clipboard for awhile and study game film so that he can identify the defenses before him on the field. He's just not ready to start, IMO, but I don't want to see him hurt either. I'm no longer sure that his shoulder can stand up to the heavy hits that a QB takes in this game. I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling with him as our future starting QB as the team leader of the Cards. Time will tell, however, and I'm not read to totally give up on him.

We're concerned because if Warner goes down, Q is the QB, or Urban if he is still out.

What backups are out there in the FA market? Anyone? We may need to make a signing soon. Nice blocking line!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
What backups are out there in the FA market? Anyone? We may need to make a signing soon. Nice blocking line!

Drew Bledsoe
Aaron Brooks
Jay Fiedler
Tim Rattay
Todd Bouman
Doug Johnson
Vinny Testaverde
Tim Couch
Tim Hasselbeck
Chris Weinke
Drew Henson
Ken Dorsey
Rob Johnson
Shane Matthews
Rohan Davey
Bradlee Van Pelt
Kerry Collins...

Tommy Maddox?

Last edited:

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I'm figuring they will bring Boyd back since he's familiar with the various offense schemes. We're not going to find a three or four star backup at this point.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with this comment more. It is in no way a blessing in disguise any way you cut it.

Kurt looked awesome against Baltimore and Pitt because he came in to run the no-huddle. It confused the defenses and they were not prepared to see him come in.

Kurt has the experience to call plays on the fly and execute the no huddle to perfection due to his experience. But it was not that long ago that he was running a standard offense and would fumble so many times that people were screaming for Leinart.

This is in no way a blessing. All it means is that teams will now prepare for Kurt, we don't have a legit backup QB, and Kurt is not the type of QB that was meant for a Whisenhunt offense.

Kurt looked very very good today even without the no huddle. Remember this guy is a 2 time MVP. Losing a QB is usually not a blessing in disguise but I am not sure we win this game today if Kurt is not in there all the way in the second half. The team as a unit just responds better to Kurt. Yes, we will be in deep do do if Kurt gets hurt but he may not and we just may make the playoffs. We still got Boldin and our big lineman coming back.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Terrible news, but I think Kurt can still lead us to .500 and or a winning record.

Going to be glad to get Q and Levi back this week.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Drew Bledsoe
Aaron Brooks
Jay Fiedler
Tim Rattay
Todd Bouman
Doug Johnson
Vinny Testaverde
Tim Couch
Tim Hasselbeck
Chris Weinke
Drew Henson
Ken Dorsey
Rob Johnson
Shane Matthews
Rohan Davey
Bradlee Van Pelt
Kerry Collins...

Tommy Maddox?

In other words a whole lot of nothing. Jay Fiedler is probably the best of the lot, but I'd for him to see the field.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Kurt looked awesome against Baltimore and Pitt because he came in to run the no-huddle. It confused the defenses and they were not prepared to see him come in.

This is in no way a blessing. All it means is that teams will now prepare for Kurt, we don't have a legit backup QB, and Kurt is not the type of QB that was meant for a Whisenhunt offense..

:yeahthat: When Kurt was running the regular offense he looked....kinda like Matt. Except he tends to fumble more.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
We are going to have to have to run more and that's fine with me!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Yes, but we have no one behind Warner.

Warner is going to have to be effective with the base offense and use the no huddle in spurts.

I don't want us to throw more.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Drew Henson?

or Tim Rattay?

One of those two is who I'd sign if they are indeed available.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Peter King says Matt will be out for 4-8 weeks, so we do need another QB who is capable of winning games.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Falcons had free agent quarterbacks Tim Rattay and Tim Hasselbeck in for tryouts this week.

Atlanta is said to be looking for a backup to replace Chris Redman.
Source: FOXSports.com

Not a bad choice...on Rattay.

Henson? No way for the #2...that guy can't make a roster as a #3.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bring back Neil Lomax!!! Didn't he have a hip replacement? Sign him!!!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several points on losing Leinart

1. Losing Leinart is a killer because he's more mobile than Warner and could buy time, whereas Warner takes a lot of hits and can't last the season without getting injured often and/or severely, in my opinion.

2. As I've often stated, although not recently, Leinart may be too fragile to have an NFL career. He always seems to fall awkwardly, hurting his shoulders. That's three times now in less than a single full season of playing time.

3. The Rams have a damned decent defensive line and played over their heads today, trying to save their season. Neither Warner nor Edge will struggle as much against many other teams. Larry Little was roaming free today, screwing up our schemes.

4. Warner showed huge gonads still, after getting hammered the whole 2nd half, hitting Fitz with that perfect strike to win the game.

5. Going prevent, after we went up by 11, detracted from the stunningly stellar 2nd half performance by the defense.

6. Whisehunt's brilliant call of a wide toss to Edge, on 3rd and I forget how long, was brilliant.

7. The loss of Elton Brown is/was huge. Hope it's nothing lasting. Anybody know yet?

8. Darnell Dockett, sackless today, destroyed the middle of their line in the 2nd half. He's my choice of MVP for the game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2. As I've often stated, although not recently, Leinart may be too fragile to have an NFL career. He always seems to fall awkwardly, hurting his shoulders. That's three times now in less than a single full season of playing time.

6. Whisehunt's brilliant call of a wide toss to Edge, on 3rd and I forget how long, was brilliant.

7. The loss of Elton Brown is/was huge. Hope it's nothing lasting. Anybody know yet?

2. Matt's success will depend on quick reads/release. He doesn't have that now.

6. Love that toss to Edge...caught everybody by surprise.

7. Elton is not very good on the edge. I am sure Levi was held out this week but could have gone...should play next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player