Leinart Has Broken Collerbone

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oops, collarbone. I was just listening to the Cardinal's postgame press conference and Whiz confirmed that Matt has a small fracture of the clavicle. Said that it would revaluated tomorrow, but he will definitely miss a significant amount of time.:bang:

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just listening to the Cardinal's postgame press conference and Whiz confirmed that Matt has a small fracture of the clavicle. Said that it would revaluated tomarrow, but he will definitely miss a significant amount of time.:bang:

Im guessing 8-10 weeks minimum.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
this may be a blessing in disguise... Although we have no depth anymore at QB. Obviously I dont want to stunt the growth and development of Matt as a QB, but he has really been holding this team back. With the revamped offensive line, I think Kurt can get the job done.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Obviously this sucks because of depth and we now need kurt to stay healthy.
But kurt taking all the snaps is what is best for this team right now.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
this may be a blessing in disguise... Although we have no depth anymore at QB. Obviously I dont want to stunt the growth and development of Matt as a QB, but he has really been holding this team back. With the revamped offensive line, I think Kurt can get the job done.

It's not a blessing in disguise unless Warner is running the no huddle.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How long does it take to recover from a collarbone fracture?
Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed, especially with younger patients.

As a general guide to return to activities, nothing should cause worsening pain. If not wearing a sling causes pain, wear a sling. If driving hurts the fracture site, don't drive. If throwing a ball hurts, don't throw. Once an activity doesn't cause significant pain, a gradual return can be attempted.

Recovery is usually complete, with a full return expected. Patients may notice a persistent bump where the fracture was (often for months or longer), but this should not be bothersome.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brokenbones/a/collarbone.htm

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
If it's a minor break and not separated, maybe 8 weeks. If it's broke into two pieces and the bone needs to reform, he will be out the rest of the season. He may have surgery to speed the recovery.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I couldn't agree with this comment more. It is in no way a blessing in disguise any way you cut it.

Kurt looked awesome against Baltimore and Pitt because he came in to run the no-huddle. It confused the defenses and they were not prepared to see him come in.

Kurt has the experience to call plays on the fly and execute the no huddle to perfection due to his experience. But it was not that long ago that he was running a standard offense and would fumble so many times that people were screaming for Leinart.

This is in no way a blessing. All it means is that teams will now prepare for Kurt, we don't have a legit backup QB, and Kurt is not the type of QB that was meant for a Whisenhunt offense.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score

"
If I could blow those quotes up farther, I would.

Losing Leinart is a blow to the Cards' chances, plain and simple. Warner's been great as a reliever, and as a change of pace. Asking him to carry the load... well, I'm afraid you'll probably see far too much what you saw early last year.

They need to go no-huddle all the time.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad news for the Cards. Kurt is fine as a backup and spot player but can't see him carrying the Cards for the rest of the season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"
If I could blow those quotes up farther, I would.

Losing Leinart is a blow to the Cards' chances, plain and simple. Warner's been great as a reliever, and as a change of pace. Asking him to carry the load... well, I'm afraid you'll probably see far too much what you saw early last year.

They need to go no-huddle all the time.
I certainly agree that losing Leinart is a blow, but I wouldn't compare Warner's play this year to the last two in AZ. He had absolutely no running game the past 2 years, which is a kiss of death for a less than mobile QB. I expect Whiz to create a gameplan that will best suit the strengths of Warner. I'm not saying that Warner will be in the Pro Bowl, but barring injury, he will be significantly better than he was under the DG regime. If our OL isn't decimated by injury, our O will be special all year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
James Brown just said 6 to 8 weeks.

Matt will get an MRI tomorrow.

Charlie Casserly reported this, JB announced it on the CBS Halftime show.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just heard he will be out minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I dont think so, we now ride or die with Kurt and if he goes down we are left with Boyd...:stick:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with this comment more. It is in no way a blessing in disguise any way you cut it.

Kurt looked awesome against Baltimore and Pitt because he came in to run the no-huddle. It confused the defenses and they were not prepared to see him come in.

Kurt has the experience to call plays on the fly and execute the no huddle to perfection due to his experience. But it was not that long ago that he was running a standard offense and would fumble so many times that people were screaming for Leinart.

This is in no way a blessing. All it means is that teams will now prepare for Kurt, we don't have a legit backup QB, and Kurt is not the type of QB that was meant for a Whisenhunt offense.

YUP...

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Be prepared for the other teams bringing the house against Kurt. Hope this Oline will be able to stand up and Kurt is over his fumblites from the past few seasons. Matt being out is not good for this team. He was not yet in a groove of any kind but the change of pace from Matt to Kurt (huddle/no huddle) was working so far. With Boldin back we can still get alot of offense out of 13 however. Did anyone else think the hit on Matt was with the crown of the helmet?

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
Our injuries are always worse than other teams (seems like our players are out months or the season). It's quite likely that Matt's done for the '08 season. I guess the Cards should call the Raiders about Andrew Walter since they have four QB's on the roster. I'm sure Walter would cost us our 4th or 5th in 2008.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
meh, at least i dont have to watch leinart float any more passes over the middle of the field just screaming for an INT or our WR to get killed. he needs to start putting some zip on the ball when he comes back.

im starting to get concerned with matt's ability to stay healthy in the NFL. sure in college he hardly got hit, but now it seems like every big hit bangs him up pretty good. ugh...

hopefully kurt can stay healthy until matt is back.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Was it just me or did anyone think Leinart got hit helmet to helmet and then driven into the turf? In my opinion a penalty that was not called. I'm stated last season that shoulder injuries are usually chronic. I hope not.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Was it just me or did anyone think Leinart got hit helmet to helmet and then driven into the turf? In my opinion a penalty that was not called. I'm stated last season that shoulder injuries are usually chronic. I hope not.

I asked that question a couple of posts ago. I also felt that Weatherspoon lead with the crown of the helmet and it should have been a penelty. But I guess thats football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player