Last play of regulation surprised me

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
45-45, Rackers chokes, Pack gets the ball in a game that had all that offense and they have Rodgers take a knee?

I was pretty surprised why not throw a hail mary they'd gotten like 3 PI calls in the game already why not take a shot and see if you get another and get in FG range?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told my wife that they were going to throw it long...then was shocked when they took a knee...

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing Russ.

But it was probably the right call... McCarthy no doubt has seen what Rolle does when he can roam center field.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You saw that play?

I was still in full aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakers

From my RACKERS!!!!!!!!!! tantrum.

When I saw Rackers pacing the sideline before the Cards even crossed midfield I knew he'd miss.

I need to take my laptop with me but I'm too into the game to post while it's going on.

I would of posted he was going to miss and was so besides myself running upstairs to swear to spare my kids that I missed that play.

After thinking it over it was lame they didn't try something.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
A bit surprised by that, but I was also surprised the Cardinals didn't spike the ball and toss one in the end zone as well. It's not as if the Packers were about to stop the Cardinals O.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The Packers actually lost the game because of poor clock management.

At the end of the half they would of easily scored a TD had they not let so much time run off the clock that they were forced to settle for a field goal after they got a 1st and goal at the 3 or 4.

Had they scored 4 more points there, we probably lose the game.

I was totally puzzled at that when they were doing it, but in a good way.

They let at least 20 or more seconds go by without a care in the world when they were getting close, very poor clock management.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Glad to see our coach isn't the only poor clock manager in the league. Maybe we make to much of it but taking a knee was a bad decision. They score before the half I agree we probably lose.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
A bit surprised by that, but I was also surprised the Cardinals didn't spike the ball and toss one in the end zone as well. It's not as if the Packers were about to stop the Cardinals O.

Exactly. I was saying that Rackers does not exactly have a history of making clutch kicks. With 14 seconds and a 1st down, they shoulda taken 2 shots into the end zone. :bang:

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
You saw that play?

I was still in full aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakers

From my RACKERS!!!!!!!!!! tantrum.

When I saw Rackers pacing the sideline before the Cards even crossed midfield I knew he'd miss.

I need to take my laptop with me but I'm too into the game to post while it's going on.

I would of posted he was going to miss and was so besides myself running upstairs to swear to spare my kids that I missed that play.

After thinking it over it was lame they didn't try something.

I was 100% certain he was going to miss it. Everyone watching with me was talking about how good he's been the past couple years and how this was cake for him. I kept my mouth shut to not be a jinx, but the second he missed it I was looking for some way to hurt myself.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was 100% certain he was going to miss it. Everyone watching with me was talking about how good he's been the past couple years and how this was cake for him. I kept my mouth shut to not be a jinx, but the second he missed it I was looking for some way to hurt myself.

Luckily for Rackers the Cards have won back to back overtime games without ever having had the ball on offense in the extra period.

I wonder if that's another goofy record to add to all the other goofy records the Cards have.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
I'm more surprised about Whiz leaving 14 seconds on the clock.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
After doucet gets us down there, I'd have let the time go down to 5 and call timeout. A pro kicker should make that fg 10 times out of 10. I wouldn't have risked another play.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We still had timeouts before the kick. Should have taken a couple of shots and kicked with 3 seconds left.

And GB definitely should have thrown deep, right at Adams or McFadden. Odds of a PI were good, as well as a possible TD. A PI gives them a kick of their own. I was visibly relieved, and shocked, when they knelt on the ball.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
Was anything said about the timeout Whisenhunt took at the start of that ill-fated last regulation drive? If they didn't blow that one, they'd have had a chance to run another play with a timeout in their pocket.

It looked to me like Whiz wanted to make sure Warner knew how he was supposed to deal with the psycho package the Packers had in, and Warner was saying "Dude, I know it's the psycho. Just let me get out there."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard