Last of Us (HBO Max)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As someone who never even heard of the game I was good with the entire season. Pace seemed fine. Storytelling good. Actors good. Maybe not enough zombies. They seemed to get where they needed to get to on each journey without encountering many. Which is somewhat dubious considering they essentially wiped out the nation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have never heard of, let alone play, the game. I was bored and saw this thread and decided to try it. Overall, I thought it was well done and enjoyed it. But there were a few times it bogged down trying too hard to tell the backstory IMO. I didn't mind the dearth of infected as some have mentioned, if it was a "zombie around every corner" story I probably wouldn't have finished it.
I'm not sure if I'll still be alive when the next season is released but, if I am and can see and hear well enough, I'll probably give it a shot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree that the last episode was rushed, I personally felt like the entire season was rushed. There was so much action and story telling that they left out. (even though the got the major parts in there) I thought it should have been a 12-15 episode series for the first season, maybe more.

Not surprised that there is a lot of let-down in the final episode, I felt a bit of it too. Even saying that, it is the best thing I have seen on TV in quite some time.
They did a fantastic job overall but I agree with it should have been at least 10-12 episodes. They left out important context. For example, the mall episode for some would have been much better had they shown that later her familiarity with the mall helped her search for supplies. Plus, if I remember correctly (it's been a long time), there was a downed helicopter sequence as part of that.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did a fantastic job overall but I agree with it should have been at least 10-12 episodes. They left out important context. For example, the mall episode for some would have been much better had they shown that later her familiarity with the mall helped her search for supplies.
Exactly how I feel. They missed a lot of opportunity to talk about the development of both Ellie and Joel as characters.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of, let alone play, the game. I was bored and saw this thread and decided to try it. Overall, I thought it was well done and enjoyed it. But there were a few times it bogged down trying too hard to tell the backstory IMO. I didn't mind the dearth of infected as some have mentioned, if it was a "zombie around every corner" story I probably wouldn't have finished it.
I'm not sure if I'll still be alive when the next season is released but, if I am and can see and hear well enough, I'll probably give it a shot.
I sincerely wish that your health improves, if it needs to.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am doing OK, trying to get the BP, cholesterol, etc. under control. Doing cardio, watching what I eat, etc., etc. Discipline, especially in my food, is NOT a strong suit of mine! LOL

Thanks for the well wishes :cool:
Keep at it man. Best wishes!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part 2 is going to be 2 seasons so they'd need a new game for season 4.
I get that. What I'm saying is that they can't release the TV show before the game on TLOU3.
(I thought they were breaking the second game into two parts of the same season, not two individual seasons)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I get that. What I'm saying is that they can't release the TV show before the game on TLOU3.
(I thought they were breaking the second game into two parts of the same season, not two individual seasons)

Since I admitted to buying a PS5 because of this show, I have done multiple playthroughs of TLOU Parts 1 and 2.

Part 2 is a VASTLY longer game/story and a LOT more complicated to tell. Not that I want them to stretch it that much, but Part 2 could easily be spread out up to FOUR seasons if they want to. There are so many support characters' stories that would make for an interesting episode or more like they did for Bill in Part 1.

I'm also accounting for the fact that these are relatively short seasons, compared to standard Network TV fare.