Last of Us (HBO Max)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they were unsure that they would get a second season, that’s a pretty darn good reason to try to fit it all in.
Hopefully, that reason wouldn’t be a less complete story.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hopefully, that reason wouldn’t be a less complete story.
Well, you’ve already said as much—and I’m seeing a few writers on the internet agree with that. Rushed, full of holes, weird character stuff for Joel and Ellie and of course, neutering the Negan wannabe.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you’ve already said as much—and I’m seeing a few writers on the internet agree with that. Rushed, full of holes, weird character stuff for Joel and Ellie and of course, neutering the Negan wannabe.
Well most of that reaction is happening as the season unfolds and the show was already renewed. If this continues I expect it to become more of an issue with fans as the show unfolds over the course of both games.

Maybe they can continue to get away with some of it because the show has been so damn good so far.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was good. My question is:

where were all the rest of the town’s people when the building is on fire? And they can just go out the back door without being seen by anyone?
yeah I was wondering the same. That’s a lot of people to just not notice a full lien fire and all the ruckus. I kinda wanted to see their reaction to finding out they’d been eating their friends and kin.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve also been impressed that a show about a zombie apocalypse can go such long periods with no zombies - like an entire episode!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I think episode 3 may be one of the best zombie apocalypse type show episodes ever. I’m concurrently watching The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, Resident Evil, and just started Black Summer (yes, I’m in zombietopia) so comparing them side-by-side is interesting.
I think I have some bias in that I came from the game series. The characters in episode 3 are pretty minor characters and do not do much to really move the story forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man being the biggest monster of all ain’t exactly reinventing the wheel. That’s pretty much been the theme of any zombie story worth a lick dating all the way back to Romero’s OG Night Of The Living Dead in the early 60’s (?) that heavily trafficked in civil rights themes.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Absolutely nailed the ending. Can't wait to see the opinions of those that didn't play the game (the ending has been debated on for over a decade by those that have played it)

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My guess—and this is just a guess since I’ve not played the game all the way through—that Joel dies at the end of the game. If that’s true then this is a major change.

That said, this is such a great show that I thought this last episode was a bit of a letdown.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nailed the ending. Can't wait to see the opinions of those that didn't play the game (the ending has been debated on for over a decade by those that have played it)

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN
Is the debate whether or not the right or wrong choice was made?

If so… meh.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My guess—and this is just a guess since I’ve not played the game all the way through—that Joel dies at the end of the game. If that’s true then this is a major change.
Answer:

He does not

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN

It was a pretty big debate when the game came out that's for sure.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

That said, this is such a great show that I thought this last episode was a bit of a letdown.
Nope this was a good adaptation of the ending of the first game. There was a little more to it but largely 1:1 adaptation

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was an up and down season finale. On the plus side: the darkness. On the negative side: unbelievable action. Looking forward to see where the darkness goes.

Edit: I just learned there's a giant time jump before season 2? That makes this finale a lot less impactful because we're not going to get to explore that darkness. We'll get life years down the road. Very meh. Why the need to hew so closely to video games? Just pick up the story from where it ended. Not much a fan of giant time jumps.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It was an up and down season finale. On the plus side: the darkness. On the negative side: unbelievable action. Looking forward to see where the darkness goes.

Edit: I just learned there's a giant time jump before season 2? That makes this finale a lot less impactful because we're not going to get to explore that darkness. We'll get life years down the road. Very meh. Why the need to hew so closely to video games? Just pick up the story from where it ended. Not much a fan of giant time jumps.
The jump is about 4 years but the darkness is going to be explored in great detail over the next couple of seasons (yes, part 2 will be covered in multiple seasons)

Let's put it this way part 1 is a beacon of sunshine compared to what's coming up

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson